Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #137 of 416

Thanks, gonna check there but i doubt someone will sell given how good it is.

There's that.  It did take 3 days for a Torii MKIII to sell there. Wish I'd had the cash to get it.  Despite it being a speaker amp.   FWIW they don't charge your card until it's ready to ship, and you have a week from placing your order to cancel w/o a fee.   I have no idea what the fee is.

You could always find out what the fee is, and if it's something you don't mind eating, place an order. If one turns up cancel your order.  Your cancel will make someone very happy as they move one notch up the line.   

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #138 of 416
still waiting till that refund plops into my bank account.  I can get one today just about but I also dont want to sell my Lyr if the lead time is that long as 12 weeks without an HPA is deadly.

The investment is quite nice though.  I have a receiver thats worth maybe $100 if I sold it powering speakers and the Lyr that I might be able to get  $400 for.  Which is 50% of the fees right there

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #139 of 416
I'm glad this thread has come alive once again, I'm really interested in this amp and it is a really nice looking amp and from what everyone is saying it sounds like a excellently well made amp with good sound also being able to power some high efficiency speakers which is a great bonus to me as I'm looking at some of Decwares great speakers, mostly I have been looking at model MG944 what a dream set up :)

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #140 of 416
Amazing amplifier. A  year later and I still love it. The CSP2 is a 2 yr love affair and both pieces are end rig pieces. I have been adding and listening other amps but the Decware amps IMO are as good as it gets.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #141 of 416
I bit the bucket and ordered one last week with the upgraded vcaps because when your already putting in $1000 on something might as well go all the way.  How many dacs have you tested it with? or do you just use that marantz unit you own?

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #142 of 416

I bit the bucket and ordered one last week with the upgraded vcaps because when your already putting in $1000 on something might as well go all the way.  How many dacs haevyou testei t with? or do you just use that marantz unit you own?

My logic was, "At some point in the future am I likely to be wondering if I should have gotten them?  Since the answer was yes, I upgraded. 

I'm not sure if you're asking me about the Marantz, but I haven't received my units yet, though it's close, and yet so far.....   However, for a dac it will be the W4S Dac2 > Decware interconnects > CPS2> Decware interconnects >Taboo  The Marantz is connected to the Dac 2, with dig and analog out also to the W4S,  The HT bypass on the Dac2 will be the 2nd input to the CSP2.  End result, the W4S will allow me to input to the CSP2 input 1 my choice of redbook cds played on the Marantz, usb input from the mac mini, and I use optical for input from my laptop (though I usually only use the laptop for movies). Input 2 will be for SACD analog input.   

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #144 of 416

Quote:
was @ frank but thats cool lol.

Do you guys use it with speakers plugged in?  There seems to be a thread on the decaware website about that and SQ.

I dont use DACS as I prefer cd/sacd. I also have the speakers set up all the time in the system with the sub also hooked in to the CSP2 and it works well,

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #146 of 416
Thinking if it would be worth using the LCD-2's on the variable speaker taps(or static if you have a pre).  I heard the headphone jack is lucid always, and/or employs a slightly different version.

Or at the very least having the cable capable of it so I could do either.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #147 of 416

Quote:
Thinking if it would be worth using the LCD-2's on the variable speaker taps(or static if you have a pre).  I heard the headphone jack is lucid always, and/or employs a slightly different version.

Or at the very least having the cable capable of it so I could do either.

If you do the jack IMO it is easier but in reality it will be the same as when Steve designed it for me I told him no resistor so it would be like a speaker terminal for the planar headphones. Basically its like having one more speaker terminal except its for headphones. No resistors were used. If you going to use speakers also which I do then the kjack is the way to go unless you want to pull the speakers off every time you use it.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #148 of 416
Useful to know Frank thanks. I wondered if resisters were used and it's good to know they're not.

@ninji - you might still want to try your idea though. Yes the hp out is either lucid or mono (on mine anyway). The lucid mode is superb though - not quite like crossfeed. Hard to describe the difference but without having ABed yet I think I prefer lucid to crossfeed from the stagedac. It seems completely natural at all times whereas Jan's crossfeed could sound "essential" sometimes and make little difference other times.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #149 of 416

Quote:
If you do the jack IMO it is easier but in reality it will be the same as when Steve designed it for me I told him no resistor so it would be like a speaker terminal for the planar headphones. Basically its like having one more speaker terminal except its for headphones. No resistors were used. If you going to use speakers also which I do then the kjack is the way to go unless you want to pull the speakers off every time you use it.

So are you saying that your Taboo is different than the Taboo that comes out of Decware now or do all the Taboo's come without the resistor for the headphone jack?

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #150 of 416

Quote:
So are you saying that you Taboo is different than the Taboo that comes out of Decware now or do all the Taboo's come without the resistor for the headphone jack?

I think the design is like my Taboo has with the jack and no resistor. It was and is designed for low impedance power hungry headphones.I do not believe Steve made any more changes to the Taboo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back