REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Nov 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #303 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oskari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 336se is fine but www.darkvoice.com.cn has been missing for about a week now.

Hopefully La Figaro will rise from the ashes.I absolutely adore the sound of my darkvoice amp but there are areas where things could be improved greatly.Packaging is one area and customer relations is another.The build of the 3322 looks superb but the 337se case work is shoddy in parts and the transformer housings don't line up very well and on my amp the gold plating on the rca's is flaking.Not something that would happen with an American made amp in the same price range.
So come on La Figaro and pick up the baton.You have a good following on this forum and we deserve better.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #304 of 492
Thanks for the dimensions Godkin.

I was going to order a 3322 tonight. It was a choice between that and the LD MkIV. The final choice was made on the strength of Godkin's review and the WAF (wife acceptance factor). She likes the looks of the 3322. However, reading the latest posts about Dark Voice hardly fills me with confidence.

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #305 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to order a 3322 tonight. It was a choice between that and the LD MkIV. The final choice was made on the strength of Godkin's review and the WAF (wife acceptance factor). She likes the looks of the 3322. However, reading the latest posts about Dark Voice hardly fills me with confidence.

Hang on for the time being and let the dust settle,if you can afford to wait that is.The La Figaro version of the 3322 will be superb i'm sure.

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #306 of 492
Quote:

What headphones do you plan to use with the 3322? Also, I would wait, the 332s has upgraded rcas and headphone inputs.

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #307 of 492
I've got some Precide Ergo 2 headphones. These, to my ears sound better than the HD600 that I owned. I had both pairs between them at the same time and was able to do a direct comparison using a MF X Cans 2 and a Cambridge Audio CD4se CD player.

I sold the HDs and bought a used Stax Sigma (the box like "panoramic sound" style) with a SRM 1 energiser. These still work but I want to get back into tube audio.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The Figaro 322s is the new 3322s i.e. twin volume controls. I need these since I can compensate for the hearing differences that I have. I need more volume in my left ear to shift the sound stage to the centre.

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #308 of 492
Quote:

I've got some Precide Ergo 2 headphones. These, to my ears sound better than the HD600 that I owned. I had both pairs between them at the same time and was able to do a direct comparison using a MF X Cans 2 and a Cambridge Audio CD4se CD player.

I sold the HDs and bought a used Stax Sigma (the box like "panoramic sound" style) with a SRM 1 energiser. These still work but I want to get back into tube audio.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The Figaro 322s is the new 3322s i.e. twin volume controls. I need these since I can compensate for the hearing differences that I have. I need more volume in my left ear to shift the sound stage to the centre.

Correct.

Nov 23, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #309 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by alvin sawdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully La Figaro will rise from the ashes.I absolutely adore the sound of my darkvoice amp but there are areas where things could be improved greatly.Packaging is one area and customer relations is another.The build of the 3322 looks superb but the 337se case work is shoddy in parts and the transformer housings don't line up very well and on my amp the gold plating on the rca's is flaking.Not something that would happen with an American made amp in the same price range.
So come on La Figaro and pick up the baton.You have a good following on this forum and we deserve better.

Well said, Alvin Sawdust!
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #310 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If true, it's bad news, but it's only LUCKY FROG AUDIO's side to the story. As you point out, it'll be interesting to hear LA FIGARO's opinions on the issue.

So would I be interested in hearing from them. They obviously decided to dump the junk on me and "shut up shop" before the s*it hit the fan!

I almost believe that it was personal.

The good news is that the amplifiers that do work don't have much to go wrong with them and should last for many years (I do hope so..).

Their QC controllers must have been blind to pass this obviously cosmetically challanged example of a 3322 pictured below. This was working OK so was sold at a discount to a fellow Headfier in Norway). It also had a very loose IEC socket..

The 337 with the paintwork scrapes (sold at a discount by me. Not pictured) obviously escaped DVs quality control also.

The damage looked to have been caused by an escaped tube cage even though DV did not ship the 337s sold to me with tube cages. They obviously thought that I would like this "customised" paint effect..

Here is just some of the dodgy tubes:

And the two "popping" LaFigaro 336 Classics? Its obviously not transit damage as they both display similar issues and loose volume controls.

The Darkvoice website has dissapeared and a new La Figaro website appears to be under construction:

headphones lafigaro darkvioce amps YUKING AUDIO

I'm not holding my breath that either DV or Lafigaro will have the decency to admit being at fault and offer any solution.
angry_face.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #311 of 492
There's simply no excuse for such shoddiness, Antigeek - it's unforgivable. In businesss, the customer always comes first. It's a lesson many companies, especially Chinese ones, could learn from.

The only reason could be as DARKVOICE collapsed, staff morale broke down, leading to the woeful quality control so evident in the amps that you bought.

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #312 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would I be interested in hearing from them. They obviously decided to dump the junk on me and "shut up shop" before the s*it hit the fan!

I almost believe that it was personal.

The good news is that the amplifiers that do work don't have much to go wrong with them and should last for many years (I do hope so..).

Their QC controllers must have been blind to pass this obviously cosmetically challanged example of a 3322 pictured below. This was working OK so was sold at a discount to a fellow Headfier in Norway). It also had a very loose IEC socket..

The 337 with the paintwork scrapes (sold at a discount by me. Not pictured) obviously escaped DVs quality control also.

The damage looked to have been caused by an escaped tube cage even though DV did not ship the 337s sold to me with tube cages. They obviously thought that I would like this "customised" paint effect..

Here is just some of the dodgy tubes:

And the two "popping" LaFigaro 336 Classics? Its obviously not transit damage as they both display similar issues and loose volume controls.

The Darkvoice website has dissapeared and a new La Figaro website appears to be under construction:

headphones lafigaro darkvioce amps YUKING AUDIO

I'm not holding my breath that either DV or Lafigaro will have the decency to admit being at fault and offer any solution.
angry_face.gif

popcorn.gif

hmmm tastes like drama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back