REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Nov 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #286 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuking09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The old 332 uesd two SOLEN capacitor which is in the left and right channels are 30uf
The new 332 used two EC capacitor which is in the left and right channels are 40uf , the new 332 is more suitable for the low-frequency low-impedance headphones

new 3322(332s) still testing.

Does this mean that the 332s is for high impedance (HD6xx, DT880 660 ohm, etc) and the 332c is for lower impedance (k701, RS1, etc)?

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #287 of 492
this looks promising. new models from a different brand, with some minor changes. i'm curious about the changes on the 3322. if they are a bit more then minor i might have to get one....

for my 3322 i'm using the mullard m8100 / Ulyanovsks 6S19P-B combo. after testing all the recommended combo's on the forums i came to the conclusion this is the combo for me. When i was playing with my hd650's this was a bit warmish sounding. but now with my hd800's most of the extra warmth is gone and this match is perfect with my new cans.

the 3322 drives the hd800's with ease. i am loving my new combo.

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #288 of 492
Nice one, Just Julian.
biggrin.gif

It would seem that the LA FIGARO 332 is for lower impedance, though how effective the extra 20uF would be is questionable. Because low impedance cans are more power hungry, the ouput stage would usually require a higher uF value. But I could be wrong. Only listening will resolve the issue. The DV 3322 has 40uFs per channel and it appears to work very well with lower impedances.

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #289 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice one, Just Julian.
biggrin.gif

It would seem that the LA FIGARO 332 is for lower impedance, though how effective the extra 20uF would be is questionable. Because low impedance cans are more power hungry, the ouput stage would usually require a higher uF value. But I could be wrong. Only listening will resolve the issue. The DV 3322 has 40uFs per channel and it appears to work very well with lower impedances.

Really? I thought all of the 3322's and 332's were for more high impedance cans like hd650's. I was really hoping to get this for my hd650's.

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #290 of 492
I was simply repeating what LA FIGARO were claiming about the 332, that the "new 332 is more suitable for the low-frequency low-impedance headphones". My post was questioning how effective the extra 20uF would be in achieving this.

The design of the LA FIGARO and DARKVOICE amps are, in my humble opinion, more suited towards high impedance headphones. The general view on these forums seems to support this, although some have reported that the 3322 and 337 sound great with the K701s and D5000s.

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #291 of 492
Quote:

I was simply repeating what LA FIGARO were claiming about the 332, that the "new 332 is more suitable for the low-frequency low-impedance headphones". My post was questioning how effective the extra 20uF would be in achieving this.

The design of the LA FIGARO and DARKVOICE amps are, in my humble opinion, more suited towards high impedance headphones. The general view on these forums seems to support this, although some have reported that the 3322 and 337 sound great with the K701s and D5000s.

I just noticed that post. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nov 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #294 of 492
Some interesting, and rather depressing, news from LUCKY FROG AUDIO, a distributor for DARKVOICE in the UK, interesting because it helps resolve the DARKVOICE/LA FIGARO debate which has been taking place here, and depressing because it highlights poor quality control at DARKVOICE.

LUCKY FROG AUDIO report that because of "quality control issues" they will "no longer be stocking and selling the DARKVOICE 3322 tube headphone amplifier". They then go on to explain the reasons behind the deterioration in quality control: the brothers who started the DARKVOICE brand "have been having issues and decided to go their separate ways... and because of the instability caused by this family split, quality control standards at DARKVOICE/LA FIGARO and BOYIER... have declined". Here is the link to LUCK FROG AUDIO for those interested:

Lucky Frog Audio.co.uk are proud to stock the amazing Darkvoice THA 3322 tube headphone amplifier. Amp is ideal for hd650 cans..

Nov 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #295 of 492
Quote:

Some interesting, and rather depressing, news from LUCKY FROG AUDIO, a distributor for DARKVOICE in the UK, interesting because it helps resolve the DARKVOICE/LA FIGARO debate which has been taking place here, and depressing because it highlights poor quality control at DARKVOICE.

LUCKY FROG AUDIO report that because of "quality control issues" they will "no longer be stocking and selling the DARKVOICE 3322 tube headphone amplifier". They then go on to explain the reasons behind the deterioration in quality control: the brothers who started the DARKVOICE brand "have been having issues and decided to go their separate ways... and because of the instability caused by this family split, quality control standards at DARKVOICE/LA FIGARO and BOYIER... have declined". Here is the link to LUCK FROG AUDIO for those interested:

Lucky Frog Audio.co.uk are proud to stock the amazing Darkvoice THA 3322 tube headphone amplifier. Amp is ideal for hd650 cans..

That sucks, I wonder if yuking09 has anything to say on the matter.

Nov 22, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #297 of 492
^^ Doesn't sound good.QC is one issue, but the response Darkvoice allegedly gave to Lucky Frog Audio, doesn't inspire much confidence in the brand.

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #298 of 492
I've had a DV3322 for about a month. (Bought it from Boyier.) So far, no issues except great sound with HD-800! (Will post later on impressions. So far, I am extremely pleased.) Was meditating buying the 337SE--simple "lust," not dissatisfaction with the 3322.

Sorry to learn of this dispute as DV seems to have a lot of satisfied customers.

By the way: have there been many posts here by DV owners complaining of QC regarding their purchases? I can't recall reading enough of them to have alarmed me about ordering the 3322.

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #299 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mambosenior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a DV3322 for about a month. (Bought it from Boyier.) So far, no issues except great sound with HD-800! (Will post later on impressions. So far, I am extremely pleased.) Was meditating buying the 337SE--simple "lust," not dissatisfaction with the 3322.

Sorry to learn of this dispute as DV seems to have a lot of satisfied customers.

By the way: have there been many posts here by DV owners complaining of QC regarding their purchases? I can't recall reading enough of them to have alarmed me about ordering the 3322.

I've gone through alot of DV threads and never read anything about quality problems. Although, my 336i does have slight paint chipping, but the new models are all anodized alluminum so there is no paint to chip
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #300 of 492
I've owned three DARKVOICE amps over the years - FIGARO, 332 and 3322 - and I've had no problems whatsoever.
biggrin.gif
Personally, I've heard of one disgruntled 3322 owner whose amp didn't work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back