REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #333 of 492
Outrageous in what way? Their price, around £145, in very reasonable. E-bay prices range from between £160 to a truly outrageous £206 (plus delivery).

Like you, I had a very positive experience with BOYIER. Their price for the 3322 beat everyone else's, and delivery was extremely fast.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #334 of 492
Godkin,

My point was that Boyier's shipped price (for Figaro 336) to US is $295. and the seller's on Ebay (US) comes to $440.

For the 3322 the difference—that is, if someone wins it at the $399. starting point—is much less: Boyier $460., the other $490. ($570. if bought at the $480. “Buy It Now”).

I do understand that buyers in other countries, with all the added taxes, duties, etc., pay much, much more for foreign electronics than we do in the US. My comment was in no way meant to be insensitive to that fact.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #335 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mambosenior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Godkin,

My point was that Boyier's shipped price (for Figaro 336) to US is $295. and the seller's on Ebay (US) comes to $440.

For the 3322 the difference—that is, if someone wins it at the $399. starting point—is much less: Boyier $460., the other $490. ($570. if bought at the $480. “Buy It Now”).

I do understand that buyers in other countries, with all the added taxes, duties, etc., pay much, much more for foreign electronics than we do in the US. My comment was in no way meant to be insensitive to that fact.

Woah boyier prices include shipping? this whole time I always thought they charge extra for it, I was too lazy to make an account and find out how much. I cannot wait for them to get the 332S in. Btw there are pics of the 332C up on headphones lafigaro darkvioce amps YUKING AUDIO

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #337 of 492
I see now that you used the word outrageous ironically rather than critically.
redface.gif
I tend to use it prejoratively, so I viewed your comment as meaning the prices were excessive and unreasonable.

One of the reasons I buy hifi from China is that here in the UK we pay nothing for VAT or import duty. I was going to buy an amp recently from a Canadian dealer but the import duty, although not exorbitant, still put me off.

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #338 of 492
Godkin, thanks for your understanding. But...

...I thought that you gents, having The Queen in common with Canada and all
confused_face.gif
, would be getting some import duty breaks with goods coming from there.

Commonwealth Realm, no? Is Canada misbehaving, you think? (It's Québec. Again! Huh?
smile.gif
)

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #339 of 492
No such luck!
mad.gif
As I said, the import duty was not excessive (about £30) but it was a major factor when it came down to deciding on which amp to buy. I'm actually surprised our money-grabbing government hasn't closed the Chinese loophole yet!

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #340 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah boyier prices include shipping? this whole time I always thought they charge extra for it, I was too lazy to make an account and find out how much. I cannot wait for them to get the 332S in. Btw there are pics of the 332C up on headphones lafigaro darkvioce amps YUKING AUDIO

Prefer the looks of the original 332 myself, still love mine 2 years on. They do make great amps.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #341 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was simply repeating what LA FIGARO were claiming about the 332, that the "new 332 is more suitable for the low-frequency low-impedance headphones". My post was questioning how effective the extra 20uF would be in achieving this.

The design of the LA FIGARO and DARKVOICE amps are, in my humble opinion, more suited towards high impedance headphones. The general view on these forums seems to support this, although some have reported that the 3322 and 337 sound great with the K701s and D5000s.

3322 and 332 is applicable for 32 - 600 ohms ,preferably about 300 ohm 'headphones.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #342 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is very good news. So any idea when this will be available for purchase? Will it be sold at audiophilechina?

audiophilechina and boyier cooperated with us ,both audiophilechina and boyier have a good reputation.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back