[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Mar 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #887 of 1,750

Quote:
The HM5 is NOT portable. They are absolutely huge

I do use them on the go actually. They are indeed very full-sized and nothing less, but if you are willing to carry large headphones around and have enough space in your backpack or whatever, it's doable. Somewhat counterintuitively, they are way easier to pack and handle than the smaller folding SRH440 were.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #893 of 1,750

Quote:

A lot of weight for sure! Seriously though I've never heard the wood cups so I don't know how much they change things if at all.

Honestly I prefer the HM5 for gaming over the Ad700. The soundstage is more accurate, I noticed this immensely in the opening of Skyrim by turning my mouse as the characters were talking at the start. With the Ad700 it was rather accurate, but it was as if there was 3 areas of direction for the voices, left, right and center, depending on where I had my camera turned. The sound would hard cut from left to center then to right with no gradual increase/decrease in channel. With the HM5 it was very smooth and natural in how the direction of the voices came. Both were tested under the same circumstances as well.

I got the 8step beech, one thing i notice is they add a more spacious soundstage, also smooth out the treble abit more, and giving a more natural extension. weight is not that much of a problem for me.. since i use it lying down on my bed to listen to my pmp and read some books. for gaming well I imagine after couple of gaming you will feel the weight definetely... maybe i'll weight the hp just to see how heavy they are.. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #894 of 1,750
From USPS.com:

Processed Through Sort Facility

March 29, 2012,     11:31 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)   

My HM5s are in New York City!  I am in New York City!  It's only a matter of time now.

Hoping they are delivered with the late mail today, although really expecting them tomorrow.  Been waiting soooooo long.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #895 of 1,750

You must be way ahead of me.  I dont even have a usps tracking number that I know of.  I think mine is still in china.
Quote:
From USPS.com:

Processed Through Sort Facility

March 29, 2012,     11:31 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)   

My HM5s are in New York City!  I am in New York City!  It's only a matter of time now.

Hoping they are delivered with the late mail today, although really expecting them tomorrow.  Been waiting soooooo long.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #897 of 1,750

Quote:
Although delivery is supposed to occur tomorrow, all UPS says is that a delivery label has been prepared.

then expect them monday (though friday is still possible). happened to me (part of first batch back in december). UPS fights with weekend delivery for some reason.

Quote:
Would you recommend these for me, while knowing the music I listen to is mostly:
Indie rock, indie folk, acoustic, pop rock and a little bit (But can be neglected) dubstep?
Or would the AKG K550 be more in my alley?
I am mostly listening to my headphones while on the go, and I have a FiiO E5, But dont use it much.
And how do these headphones compare to the AKG K272Hd (or k271 mkii) (the headphones I own now)
Thanks in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know anything about the comparisons, but hm5 for those genres. definitely recommend. (especially since dubstep can be neglected)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back