Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800
Sep 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #31 of 112
^^

You might want to read the thread title and stop your AKG shilling and thread hijack....sheesh.
rolleyes.gif

We know, we know...the K701s with the Phonitor are the best ever...can we please move on to something new!
angry_face.gif

Your are really sounding like a broken record. If you think the K701s or now Q701s
tongue_smile.gif
sound like real life, you really need to get your hearing checked frequencies under 100 Hz.

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #32 of 112
LMAO Peter so ruight but you know he ordered one of each as he isure the color will affect the Q701 sound with the new sound frequency spectrum paint they used and the Q plus the green cable is new scientific design to improve bass.

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #33 of 112

Quote:
^^

You might want to read the thread title and stop your AKG shilling and thread hijack....sheesh.
rolleyes.gif

We know, we know...the K701s with the Phonitor are the best ever...can we please move on to something new!
angry_face.gif

Your are really sounding like a broken record. If you think the K701s or now Q701s
tongue_smile.gif
sound like real life, you really need to get your hearing checked frequencies under 100 Hz.

What are you 12 years old? read the review,.. you never compered them one to one with the 702, or 701... So, what the F@#& are you talking about?

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #34 of 112

Quote:
^^

rolleyes.gif

angry_face.gif

tongue_smile.gif

Bro, my hearing tells me that both the K-702 and the T1 have ENOUGH BASS. Tight fisted control, accurate pitch, what more do you want for bowed bass or orchestral bass drums? My only wish is that the sweet presence that the K-702 gives to female voices should cover the entire midrange, not just a small window of ripeness and clarity. That's all.

I think all headphone makers should now stop going for better bass/treble/SS... just work on the mids.

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #35 of 112

Quote:

That's exactly my impression, too. A very clearly refined DT990 ....

Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics are both German (and European) companies and you have to take the European pricing of competing headphones like the Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 or the Denon AH-D7000 into account. They both cost around 1000 Euros here in Germany and both the T1 and the HD800 are much more neutral and balanced in my opinion.

HD800's ring radiator (flatter wave front) and T1's Tesla magnet (homogenius magnetic field) just the different way to deal the same major issue: time delay distortion,and this makes the two headphone so special.

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #36 of 112

Quote:

HD800's ring radiator (flatter wave front) and T1's Tesla magnet (homogenius magnetic field) just the different way to deal the same major issue: time delay distortion,and this makes the two headphone so special.

Yepp, you are right
smile_phones.gif

Both headphones are very advanced in headphone technology .... my comment on the DT990 was just a hint at the sonic signature, some pleasant Beyerdynamics housesound I indentified
wink.gif

But the pricing in the USA is a bit hefty for the T1 and the HD800 (1300 $ vs. 1400 $ plus tax) whereas Audio-Technica and Denon heaphones tend to be much cheaper in the U.S. than in Europe ....

I prefer the T1 sonically (and for its robust construction and aesthetics) to the HD800,
but just to be fair ... the M³ amp in standard configuration is better matched for the T1 than the HD800 IMHO, that's why I suggested some opamp changing for the HD800 (and that's not very difficult anyways ...) I personally don't mind a slightly warmer midrange at all.

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #37 of 112

Quote:
I prefer the T1 sonically (and for its robust construction and aesthetics) to the HD800,
but just to be fair ... the M³ amp in standard configuration is better matched for the T1 than the HD800 IMHO, that's why I suggested some opamp changing for the HD800 (and that's not very difficult anyways ...) I personally don't mind a slightly warmer midrange at all.

To my experience, phase shift and slew induced distortion more important than frequency response and slwe rate, hope this helps.

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #38 of 112

Bro, my hearing tells me that both the K-702 and the T1 have ENOUGH BASS. Tight fisted control, accurate pitch, what more do you want for bowed bass or orchestral bass drums? My only wish is that the sweet presence that the K-702 gives to female voices should cover the entire midrange, not just a small window of ripeness and clarity. That's all.

I think all headphone makers should now stop going for better bass/treble/SS... just work on the mids.

Keep saying that the AKGs have enough bass and one day you might believe it...LOL

It's their lack of mid bass that makes the male voice sound unreal. Real life has bass and the T1s portray that very well. I was hoping AKG would rectify that with true new flagship, but we now know that's simply not going to happen.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #39 of 112
Let just say that neither T1 or K701 is reference material regarding bass response :)

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #41 of 112

Quote:
LMAO Peter so ruight but you know he ordered one of each as he isure the color will affect the Q701 sound with the new sound frequency spectrum paint they used and the Q plus the green cable is new scientific design to improve bass.

That was very much immature and uncalled for.  Someone has a HRTF that agrees with a certain can are allowed to air their opinion, someone has every right to air a different opinion to that presented in the review...if you do not agree - leave it at that, air your counter opinion but that was unnecessary and probing for hostilities.

Quote:

This statement is contradictory.  It is impossible to bring forward the lower mids - to "cover the entire midrange" as you put it without bumping up the bass.  You don't even realise that you feel the K701 is lacking bass.  If it had enough bass to you, then you can't criticise the K701s lower mids.

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #43 of 112

Quote:
This statement is contradictory.  It is impossible to bring forward the lower mids - to "cover the entire midrange" as you put it without bumping up the bass.  You don't even realise that you feel the K701 is lacking bass.  If it had enough bass to you, then you can't criticise the K701s lower mids.

Ever heard Mozart's works for the clarinet and orchestral transcriptions of Tchaikovsky's seasons?

That part of the midrange doesn't seem to scale correctly (where clarinets blossom) with increase of volume on either the K-702 or T1.

And this is not bass/mid bass. Bowed bass sounds very nice on the K-70x and I have zero complaints. I don't listen with a frequency analyzer in my ears
tongue_smile.gif
, but the K702 lends particular emphasis on female vocals but doesn't let the rest of the midrange bloom as much. Neither does the T1.

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #44 of 112
Some more time with good speakers and the LCD-2 and you may see the light :wink:No plastic bass reflex bass out of the LCD-2 and no mid bass hump.

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #45 of 112

Quote:

Ever heard Mozart's works for the clarinet and orchestral transcriptions of Tchaikovsky's seasons?

That part of the midrange doesn't seem to scale correctly (where clarinets blossom) with increase of volume on either the K-702 or T1.

And this is not bass/mid bass. Bowed bass sounds very nice on the K-70x and I have zero complaints. I don't listen with a frequency analyzer in my ears
tongue_smile.gif
, but the K702 lends particular emphasis on female vocals but doesn't let the rest of the midrange bloom as much. Neither does the T1.

In that case you need to attenuate the treble (which also automatically reveals more bass by removing another acoustic mask to the bass).  Pick your poison.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back