[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #3,106 of 7,021
Quote:
Actually, after a public uproar, that sale was temporarily suspended. And eventually those moutain peaks ended up going from the state-owned real estate management to the state-owned forest administration. I love it when my fellow countrymen do clever business!  
etysmile.gif

James, i feel a relief, Apple earbuds into my stupid ears...
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #3,107 of 7,021
@yellobie
Nice impressions. I'm sure Dave would agree.

When I get the ASG-2s loaner next week, I think I know what music I'll be using in my Gintaras-inspired music marathons (hint: it won't be Madonna).

Unsubscribed.

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #3,108 of 7,021
Quote:

When I get the ASG-2s loaner next week, I think I know what music I'll be using in my Gintaras-inspired music marathons (hint: it won't be Madonna).

Music, do not forget this one in your test
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #3,110 of 7,021
Quote:
I actualy still found my GR07 fit more snuggly then the ASG 2's yell, ASG are still good fit tho. I didn't sleep with them but plan to try it out when I get them again.

Unity, you wish to sleep with the ASG in your ears? That might be quite uncomfortable I feel. The ASG is quite thick as compared to the GR07. Just did a rough measurement with a ruler, assuming single flange tips used.

GR07 MKII thickness: about 10-11mm excluding the tip section
ASG 1.3 thickness: about 16-18mm excluding the tip section

As for my ears, ASG provides a better fit with it's stock tips. I'm using Sony tips for the GR07. Listening to my GR07 now 
etysmile.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #3,111 of 7,021
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321

Unsubscribed.

biggrin.gif

PS: not a bad re-incarnation of the immaculate The Who original

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #3,112 of 7,021
Here are my second set of impressions but with the Lune Cable MKIII from Null Audio.

According to my knowledge, this pair of cable is basically a silver cable. AWG/Strand wise I'm unable to confirm that.

Upon the cable switch, I can immediately spot the difference between this set of silver cable against the stock cable which, presumably, should be a copper cable.

Sonic wise, I could feel that the ASG2 sounded cleaner and brighter. Instrument separation was the apparent winner here. Details are rendered clearly and effortlessly. I would say the level of separation can be placed on par with the UM3X. Lows are much more controlled now. With tighter bass and lesser mid bass impact. Clarity is up another notch. Soundstage remained pretty much the same as the stock cable.

However, as compared to the stock cable, I could instantaneously hear a difference in the vocals. Vocals seem ever slightly further away and sounded simply not as full bodied and lush compared to the stock cable. Vocals simply sounded thinner to me. I guess that's a trade off with a silver cable?

Overall, I would say clarity, instrument separation and highs are better rendered. Bass are much tighter and controlled now. Vocals, on the other hand, does not come across as warm, smooth and lush. To me, it's just not my everyday on the go sound signature unless I'm doing some critical listening. Just my 2 cents! : )

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #3,114 of 7,021
It would be sweet if they offered different color finishes like these with matching tips.

The clear one posted before with the red filled in logo and tips also looks nice.

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3,115 of 7,021
Quote:
It would be sweet if they offered different color finishes like these with matching tips.

The clear one posted before with the red filled in logo and tips also looks nice.

I actually really like this:

Probably with a black logo

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3,116 of 7,021
Aug 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3,119 of 7,021
cool, lucky vwinter.

actually what i wonder if Dale & Aurisonics plan small tuning on ASG-2 and will throw in a better cable? i remember someone mentioned something about additional tuning and upgrade cable here.
still missing your ASG2 Eke, beware 
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #3,120 of 7,021
I'm working on a paint mod myself. Hope to have something good in a few days. The bass knob, and different logo pose a different set of challenges than the original G-1 :l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back