[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #2,551 of 7,021
Wow. Just wow.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,552 of 7,021
I suppose I can't post her video for "Hide" in here but worth checking out.  
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #2,553 of 7,021
Quote:
Helpfull for peeps visiting with not so much time on there hands or another of my fail's?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-plus-sd3-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-sui-rdb-2v1/1995#post_9647888

I can add more.... Yes?

Whoa nice! If I were looking to buy the ASG-2 I would consider that extremely helpful. I don't think you should add more because I'm pretty sure it's already the longest post I've ever seen. How long did that take you G-Unit? And lol at dead unicorns no rainbows...

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,554 of 7,021
Whoa nice! If I were looking to buy the ASG-2 I would consider that extremely helpful. I don't think you should add more because I'm pretty sure it's already the longest post I've ever seen. How long did that take you G-Unit? And lol at dead unicorns no rainbows...

Haven't been to Joker's thread in a while huh? One of them is so long that it screws with the software that runs the site and disappears for hours lol.

But yea, Unity, that post just kept going and going and going... And then I started hearing drumming sounds... Weird.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2,555 of 7,021
Quote:
But yea, Unity, that post just kept going and going and going... And then I started hearing drumming sounds... Weird.

Lol did the drumming lack sub-bass? 
size]

You know I just realized that eke must be reading all these posts and going crazy not being able to respond. Let's derail his thread while he's gone! I'm really looking forward to the moto x phone. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #2,556 of 7,021
Lol did the drumming lack sub-bass? 
size]

You know I just realized that eke must be reading all these posts and going crazy not being able to respond. Let's derail his thread while he's gone! I'm really looking forward to the moto x phone. 

Lol. No not exactly. You know how it's been said that the IE800 makes it sound like cymbals are being struck with toothpicks? Well, these drums sound like they're being struck by a rabbit. :wink:

Oh I suspect he'll murder the lot of us. And since my fate has been written, the Moto X looks pretty spiffy. :D

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #2,557 of 7,021
Quote:
Lol. No not exactly. You know how it's been said that the IE800 makes it sound like cymbals are being struck with toothpicks? Well, these drums sound like they're being struck by a rabbit.
wink.gif

Oh I suspect he'll murder the lot of us. And since my fate has been written, the Moto X looks pretty spiffy.
biggrin.gif

Oooohhh....

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2,558 of 7,021
Aug 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #2,559 of 7,021
huh ? i just auditioned the IE800...i dont get the cymbals being struck by tooth picks ? i mean it decays quite fast but hearing cheskys dynamic drum test "best of chesky records" it sounds as accurate as my 1840s !  bass is alot more controlled on the IE800 but i did not find the treble to be a "gremlin" i maxed out the volume out from my AK100 and the treble wasnt that bad , i mean i can see how some people with ears that are sensitive to treble might take it but it sound really....Articulate at the DBs grew then i slapped on the Xduoo XD-01 amp with a optical cable in and connected it to the ak100  via optical line out ...sounded alot alot better much smoother sound , it felt more confident now hahahaha anyway i am just waiting for my refund for the ASG-2 to get the IE800...found a fault in the shell and singapore lemon law requires the retailer to give me a full refund...they offered to repair it but the 4-5 weeks  for it to get there be repaired or replaced and to ship back to me is way to long so i am opting for the full refund...

just a side note i went to audition the IE800 with my dad who brought his SE846 with him this time with the treble filter , i used it on the trip there to "season" my brain to its sound , sounded alot better than before with the treble filter but prefered the ASG-2 cuz of "dat vocals" so when i reached the store and plugged in the IE800 my impressions are as follows ....the difference is the same that i got when i compared the DT1350 to the hd-25... the Dt1350( the se846) sounded very dry and lifeless but had a flavour to it that was quite addictive then the HD-25 , extremely musical and fun bassy but something people would choose over in a heart beat ( but in the case the DT1350 has more detail than the hd-25 but the IE800 has crazy amount of hyper detail compared to the SE846 ) 

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #2,561 of 7,021
Quote:

Not on ASG-2, but... I was wondering why there was so much knocking/tapping in the boardroom behind me... then l realized it was the percussion in the song. lol

Yeah, the song is really good for imaging, as well as the deep bass. The production is amazing. I think the producer is the same guy who produced the new Kenye West album, Yeezus. which would be an excellent instrumental album (enough said).

Her vocals kind of remind me of Kate Bush, if Kate Bush had gone trip hop.

And it does sound excellent out of the ASG-2.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #2,562 of 7,021
Aurally amazing. Visually horrifying. I'm so conflicted

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #2,563 of 7,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back