[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 9, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #5,671 of 7,021
  IMO:

ASG = Dark but clear sig, THUNDEROUS bass, big sound with big soundstage

UM3X = Brighter sound sig with more feeling with the highs.  Seems more precise, but isn't really any more clear; simply a factor of how dark and warm the ASG is versus the UM3X.  Bass seems very mild in comparison.

Subjectively, I would put the ASG-2 in a tier above the UM3X.  The ASG-2 vs K3003 is a more fair match-up than the UM3X.  I'd put the UM3X more in-line with the ATH-IM03 than the ASG-2.  If you're looking for good bass impact, there isn't much better than the ASG-2.  The mids are no match for the FAD Heaven VIII, which might be one to consider as well.  A brighter ASG-2 would be the JVC FX850 & FX1100 which come at a lesser price point. 

So the ASG-2 are comparable to the AK3003 at half the price..wow!  
The um3x are never known to have a lot of treble detail so to hear you say that there's even more feeling in the high compared to the ASG-2 is a bit of a concern. 
IMO I found that the um3x and the Shure SE846 which is considered one of the bassiest universal iem on the market to have equal bass quantity so for the UM3X to have mild bass in comparison would just mind boggling. 
How much do the ASG-2 retail for in the states cos I can get a new pair for $480AUD ($370USD) with local warrant but don't know if that's a good price.  
Are there different variants within the ASG-2 line that I should know about? 

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #5,672 of 7,021
you got them to fit well on the ASG's? I got several pairs of them and I could hardly get them to fit over the large bore of the ASG, and after doing so it seemed to really muffle the ASGs sound by quite a bit? but they are uber super comfortable!

if anyone  wants to try them I have 9 brand new sets of the lrg SpinFit tips, and 2 brand new sets of the med. $8.00 shipped anywhere in the US. Pm me,I iwould like to hear how they worked out on the ASGs for you!

Did you get the size that's meant for larger bore? Because I believe they do manufacture for bore sizes like Westones as well.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #5,673 of 7,021
I haven't heard the SE846, but I have always wanted to.
Rarely have I found the ASG (in the states) for anything less than 500! I would get those, then if you didn't like them, sell them to some Americans :p

I have never heard an IEM with more bass than the ASG. I like bass, but I never turned the bass adjustment up past 1/4 of the way. Keep in mind also that the ASG uses a Dynamic driver for the bass versus the Westone BA driver, so it's really got a leg up.
I would not say that the ASG is better than the K3003, but clearly there are some that do prefer it. However, at retail prices, K3003 is a little high. I would put K3003 at $750 and ASG 2.5 AT ABOUT $475.

Lastly, make sure that if you think you are getting the ASG2.5 THAT YOU'RE getting the 2.5 instead of the 2. The 2.5 took the bass down a notch from redonkulous. I have only heard the 2, but that's what ASG told me.

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #5,674 of 7,021
so does the asg 2 have more bass than the shure 846

what about soundstage 
warmth
compared to shure 846

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #5,675 of 7,021
so does the asg 2 have more bass than the shure 846

what about soundstage 
warmth
compared to shure 846

If you really open up the ports they have a lot more bass than the se846. Personally I found the se846 soundstage quite boxed inside my head and rather average imo, the asg's sounded more spacious and deeper, almost 3d like to my ears. I think it ultimately comes down to how you like your top end, if you want dark and smooth then it's the asg, if you want something a bit brighter then it's the shures

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #5,676 of 7,021
Man I miss my Asg 2.5 :frowning2: I thought I would be fine just giving them away to my cousin but everyday that passes my enjoyment of music just gets less and less. Apple earbuds just aren't in the same league I guess :frowning2: 

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #5,678 of 7,021
I just love my family. So when I saw my cousin and she told me she loved music I just had to give her my Asg so she could hear it just a little bit better you know? As for myself rent and college don't leave much room for headphones as much as I may wish otherwise. Though what I can save I do for a Kaiser 10 for my cousin :)

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #5,685 of 7,021
Have any of you out there found any iems with more bass impact than the asg2s or the 2.5s in mid bass in the asg2s and subbass in the asg 2.5s

I haven't personally, maybe Hippo VB could match in raw quantity (maybe) but its not a serious IEM. Its one thing having raw quantity which you'll find in mainstream/consumer products. After a while you discover the quality, texture, depth combined with impact, having both is important.

Actually, I don't open my ASG-2 ports past 1 dot because you can ruin the presentation if you push them too far, complete overload excessive nightmare on Elm street. I have them at a level which still causes a stir if the track calls it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back