[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 17, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #5,180 of 7,021
I havnt touched it thinking it wont be as simple as right = close and left = open.

Sadly no lol. It's opposite sides for both. IIRC, you turn toward the closer edge to lower bass.

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #5,181 of 7,021
You really need a magnifier to see the markings around the screw
There is a dash for fully closed then two small vertical lines equally spaced then a dot for full open 180 degrees from the first dash
My ASG 2 turn without resistance over the last two thirds to full open and there is a slight resistance in the first third from full closed with clear stops at each end
I can also confirm one turns clockwise the other anti-clockwise so they mirror each other

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #5,182 of 7,021
  You really need a magnifier to see the markings around the screw
There is a dash for fully closed then two small vertical lines equally spaced then a dot for full open 180 degrees from the first dash
My ASG 2 turn without resistance over the last two thirds to full open and there is a slight resistance in the first third from full closed with clear stops at each end
I can also confirm one turns clockwise the other anti-clockwise so they mirror each other

Well put !

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #5,184 of 7,021
Oops, you broke it.

Seriously, though, you can look at vent itself with a good light on the earphone and see it close/open as you turn the dial (at least on my custom as-2), so that should give you an idea how to set it for yourself.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #5,185 of 7,021
  Oops, you broke it.

Seriously, though, you can look at vent itself with a good light on the earphone and see it close/open as you turn the dial (at least on my custom as-2), so that should give you an idea how to set it for yourself.

Bad lighting here and I was being gentle but well guess I wasnt.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #5,186 of 7,021
Ok turning screw towards the front (Face) will increase the Bass. Well I love bass but all the way to the front makes the bass bloated and I have only used that word one time before today. Bloated is not good.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #5,188 of 7,021
  Dale himself only opens the vent 1/16 of the total (1/4 of the first quarter marking), iirc. So, it's not as though the vent is meant to be a 0-100 type of range.

Guess I will leave it at Half which is what I had it on. The screw is so tiny and my eyes are so old it seems as if I am turning it blind folded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back