[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #5,161 of 7,021
  In my testing I've mostly found that the only tips that kind of lean out the frequency response are the stock biflanges (meelec balanced). Sony new hybrids are bass heavy and detailed but a bit sibilant. Auvios provide a strong bass but are sibilant as well. But I'll try tip rolling again and listen more to the mids! Thanks :)

I tried comply tsx-500 and s-500, they are both nearly the same in sound, and they are better then the normal small silicone tip that comes with the Asg2.

They give more bass and not too sibilant to my ears.

but the ergonomics of the iem makes the tsx-500 harder to wear, but the s-500 is brilliant in sound and comfortable at 10$.

and the change they did compared to the stock is amazing.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #5,163 of 7,021
Ive tried a lot of tips and ive found the tri flanges from meelec to work fantastically with the asg2. I dont think anyone has tried but id really encourage people try it. Clarity on the vocal is a huge boost for me and the fit is really nice and consistent

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #5,164 of 7,021
The staff at Earphone Solutions sent me pictures of the red version:

Sexayyy 
very_evil_smiley.gif

And from Zach of Aurisonics:
"The polished and frosted red color of the generics will be darker. I would say its halfway between fire engine red and maroon. I'm personally a big fan of the darker look myself.
The red color on the custom version will be closer to fire engine red than anything else."

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #5,165 of 7,021
^ you should see them in real life....
It is a looker indeed.
Managed to try the 2.5 this afternoon and listened to Dale of Aurisonics talk about his iems, including Rockets at one of the earphone store in Singapore

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #5,166 of 7,021
The staff at Earphone Solutions sent me pictures of the red version:

Sexayyy :veryevil:

And from Zach of Aurisonics:
[COLOR=222222]"The polished and frosted red color of the generics will be darker. I would say its halfway between fire engine red and maroon. I'm personally a big fan of the darker look myself.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]The red color on the custom version will be closer to fire engine red than anything else."[/COLOR]

I'd be lying if I didn't say the renders look much better still due to the cleaner and sharper angles to everything like the logo and the marking around the bass port dials. The glossy nature of these new shells make the seams stand out more. I'm waiting for that luxury car look aesthetic lol.

They still look good though. I liked that one render I saw a few pages back that looked like glossy red inside a frosted white casing a lot.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #5,167 of 7,021
I'd be lying if I didn't say the renders look much better still due to the cleaner and sharper angles to everything like the logo and the marking around the bass port dials. The glossy nature of these new shells make the seams stand out more. I'm waiting for that luxury car look aesthetic lol.

They still look good though. I liked that one render I saw a few pages back that looked like glossy red inside a frosted white casing a lot.

Looking forward to the day they can make that high gloss luxury car look 
L3000.gif

The frosted white with glossy red inside looks awesome too

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #5,168 of 7,021
I just received my repaired ASG's from Aurisonics. As said by many other Head-fiers, their customer service is top-notch. It has been a painful wait for my beloved ASG-2's, but now they're back, looking and sounding greater than ever before :) They now have a totally matte finish which looks sick beyond words can convey, and they also included a new cable (I didn't ask for it at all) which looks much sturdier. My ASG is still the 2.2 version, but it still sounds great, really great. Aurisonics also included a set of their new Sureseal tips, which are really a huge improvement over their earlier tips, both sound-wise and build-wise.
The awesome matte finish on the earpieces:

The new termination and cable:

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #5,171 of 7,021
If i may ask, where did you pick these up. And do you know who has the best price?? Congrats on your purchase

I got mine HERE. Stellar customer service from Steve Maples. You might well negotiate a lower price than shown, especially for the frosted white version.

Good luck!

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #5,172 of 7,021
Just got mine. How do the dials work? The left side can turn indefinitely while the right side has trouble turning. I was unable to grip the right side with the screwdriver that came with it. Does turning the dial produce that big of a difference? 

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #5,173 of 7,021
Just got mine. How do the dials work? The left side can turn indefinitely while the right side has trouble turning. I was unable to grip the right side with the screwdriver that came with it. Does turning the dial produce that big of a difference? 

Being able to turn the bass adjustor indefinitely sounds... Abnormal... Unless they changed the design...

I would look into that. Adjusting the bass ports should have am absurdly obvious difference. Going from nice elevated bass to ear bleeding bass

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #5,174 of 7,021
Had mine for one year but I never changed nor looked at the bass adjuster. I did ask to put it half way but if I want more bass do I turn the screw left? Left like opining a jar or right like closing a jar? Thanks

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #5,175 of 7,021
Had mine for one year but I never changed nor looked at the bass adjuster. I did ask to put it half way but if I want more bass do I turn the screw left? Left like opining a jar or right like closing a jar? Thanks

On my new 2.5's. for minimum bass, the left port is turned full left and the right port is turned full right. Strange but true. Each adjuster turns about 180 degrees from full open to full closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back