[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 26, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #4,936 of 7,021
I have the ASG-2 and I bought a DHC silver Litz cable and it took these bad boys to a new level.

Which type did you get,ue,westone?
I havent got my 2.5s yet.

May 27, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #4,939 of 7,021
I would absolutely purchase something they made in the future. It's my perfect signature, I'd like just a little bit. ore with the highs, but to me they sound absolutely amazing... Now, that last sentence, sounds like you know something? If so please do share.

Try using the double flange tips. I find my asg2 less dark with longer tips (double or triple flange silicone tips). I used the double flange with stock cable, or single ortofon tips with alo sxc24 cable to get the less l of treble I like.

May 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #4,940 of 7,021
Still waiting for impression for G2 vs G2.5 
redface.gif

ASG-2 is still my favorite IEM, even with the lack of sub bass, it still the best.
if ASG2.5 got sub bass. I think it will be my retire IEM

May 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #4,941 of 7,021
redface.gif

ASG-2 is still my favorite IEM, even with the lack of sub bass, it still the best.

You and me both. I haven't held on to an IEM this long ever before.

Reduce the mid-bass a bit and add some sub-bass, and I'm set. I wouldn't even mess with the upper mids. I've realized that the way it's currently tuned adds to the tremendous realism of vocals.

May 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #4,943 of 7,021
redface.gif

You and me both. I haven't held on to an IEM this long ever before.

Reduce the mid-bass a bit and add some sub-bass, and I'm set. I wouldn't even mess with the upper mids. I've realized that the way it's currently tuned adds to the tremendous realism of vocals.

Vocals on the G2 are addicting

May 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #4,944 of 7,021
  You my friend need to try the 846.

But i have.. i think UM Mentor is better though, you guys should hear it, great vocal, great sub bass& bass, & eke.. it got upper mid driver.. i think this IEM is ASG2 on steroid 
ksc75smile.gif

But its way too expensive..

Vocals on the G2 are addicting

yeaaah! its really strange, how come ASG2 have that great vocal? despite that the ASG2 don't have specific mid driver..

May 28, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #4,945 of 7,021
So I just got my silver cables from Nocturnal Audio. Build quality-wise it's okay, though it's a little on the thinner and stiffer side. I think it could be less stiff, as the memory effect can be a little annoying. With the barrel connectors they fit the ASG's just right, but feels tighter than the connectors of the stock cable.

Sound-wise I think the improvement over the stock cable is quite noticeable. The most apparent difference was how much tighter the bass sounded and a noticeable decrease of mid-bass frequencies. Vocals sound a tad more realistic, and treble extension seems better and slightly smoother. Soundstage width and depth is slightly wider and deeper compared to when using the stock cables. The height of the soundstage seems unchanged. The ASG's also sound more transparent; instrument separation has improved slightly and overall it sounds more holographic.

May 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #4,948 of 7,021
  I'd say it's very much worth it. I usually amp my ASG's with a C5 when using the stock cable, but now I don't think I need the C5 that much anymore with the new cables. It sounds good enough unamped (still gonna use the C5 though - gonna squeeze every bit of goodness out from my ASG's!) 
etysmile.gif

alrite. I'm getting the same cable as you but with oyaide 3.5mm and angled 2 pins.

Do you know if the ear loops change shape with heat? Im not familar with Noc audio's products but i do know a lot of them if you blowdry them to heat them up you can change the shape

May 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #4,949 of 7,021
I think a member said that the angled connectors were a little too huge for his AS-2's? If I remembered correctly he said he had to file it down and even then it was still a little loose. I chose the  - barrel ones because I wasn't sure if the angled one would fit my ASG's (and my ears). The straight Oyaide plugs are a little big though - 

Oyaide Straight vs Viablue Mini:

And yes, they probably change shape when heated. The earloops seem to be curled via heating.

May 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #4,950 of 7,021
Had the pleasure to speak with andy on the phone. Seems like awesome guy and passionate about there products. I contacted about crack in shell, and im not 1st owner so warrenty is voided, but he started askkin if I was on headfi and how this thread is going as he has been busy. He then said he will try to take care of me anyways. Now im not expectin free, but there is even possibility of going into 2.5 (no promises)... he wouldnt go into detail but did say any asg2's built this year have all been 2.5s. Great customer service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back