[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #76 of 7,021
Quote:

Yes.. my pair have black rhodium faceplates.

I know the AS-2 gets a lot of love for its bass response (and, admittedly, I actually haven't tested bass performance all that much... yet), but I was just telling Dale (via email) that I actually appreciate the rest of the AS-2;s freq tuning more than the bass.  I guess I just kind of take for granted  the phenomenal bass we can *expect* from Aurisonics..  but this is a phone that's tuned with precision.. from end to end.  The AS-2 is no "one trick pony."  As eke mentioned, the midrange is very immersive (I think fans of the BA200 & HD600's midrange will love the AS-2 midrange).. and the treble is, IMO, perfectly tuned for stage monitor purposes.  I'm a guy who "likes my trebles".. and I don't find the AS-2's treble lacking in quantity at all.  For pro monitoring purposes, there might even be a tad more than what some musicians and engineers would expect.

I'm listening to one of my favorite hip hop albulums (
wink_face.gif
) of all time: Outkast's "Aquemini."  I remember running this through the AS-2 demo/prototype (I heard last summer) and my jaw dropped.. it's every bit as stunning the second time around.

Yep, I think the midrange is the best part of the AS-2 series. It has the vocal height of my HD600, plus the kind of intimacy you can only get from iems. Then you have that solid bass line underneath supporting the music...total immersion.

May 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #78 of 7,021
Quote:
Eke,

Your review got a shout-out on their FB page. Nice!

Sweet! Look out, ljokerl 
tongue.gif

BTW alphaphoenix, I see you lurking. You aren't supposed to be here, mister. No new iems for you, by order of Herr Wallet and Mrs. Wife.

May 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #79 of 7,021
Quote:

I know the AS-2 gets a lot of love for its bass response (and, admittedly, I actually haven't tested bass performance all that much... yet), but I was just telling Dale (via email) that I actually appreciate the rest of the AS-2;s freq tuning more than the bass.  I guess I just kind of take for granted  the phenomenal bass we can *expect* from Aurisonics..  but this is a phone that's tuned with precision.. from end to end.  The AS-2 is no "one trick pony."  As eke mentioned, the midrange is very immersive (I think fans of the BA200 & HD600's midrange will love the AS-2 midrange).. and the treble is, IMO, perfectly tuned for stage monitor purposes.  I'm a guy who "likes my trebles".. and I don't find the AS-2's treble lacking in quantity at all.  For pro monitoring purposes, there might even be a tad more than what some musicians and engineers would expect.

Agreed. There is definitely a treble bump that works well with a lot of material, but can be a bit emphasized for certain recordings imo.

May 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #80 of 7,021
Thanks for the detailed informative review~

Now what concern me much is that lot of BA based IEMs have the trend which is prone to hess, and since ASG-2 is a hybrid IEM and given that the sensitivity of ASG-1.0 is already very very high, do you think that ASG-2 is more sensitive than the ASG-1.

May 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #81 of 7,021
Quote:
Thanks for the detailed informative review~

Now what concern me much is that lot of BA based IEMs have the trend which is prone to hess, and since ASG-2 is a hybrid IEM and given that the sensitivity of ASG-1.0 is already very very high, do you think that ASG-2 is more sensitive than the ASG-1.

As sensitive as the ASG-2 is, I haven't heard any hiss from it. I don't really have any hiss-prone sources though, so I can't really say.

I did hear a bit of transformer hum from my desktop amp though.

May 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #82 of 7,021
eke2k6 have you listened to eph-100? I wonder how ie800 and asg-2 compare to it. I feel like ie800 is same sig with eph-100.

May 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #85 of 7,021
Quote:

Nooooooo!

Lmao

Quote:
eke2k6 have you listened to eph-100? I wonder how ie800 and asg-2 compare to it. I feel like ie800 is same sig with eph-100.

Unfortunately, the angry bird is right. I owned the EPh-100 for about a month last year.

The eph-100 is a lot different from the others, and flawed in the treble timbre compared to these two.

May 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #87 of 7,021
Oh wow. Music is in the hizzizzle. This thread truly has it all. Has the 334 landed yet Eke? Think mine's comin in on Thursday. Tracker said it departed Jersey last night

May 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #88 of 7,021
FitEar 334 is in the house. I just picked it up from work, and I'm listening to it right now.

Bloody hell, it shares the exact signature as the ASG-2. I actually think it has less detail than the ASG-2, and the highs might be even more laid back!

I think the ASG-2 just might be better than the TG334....

Still, take all this with a truckload of salt until I get home and A/B them.

May 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #89 of 7,021
Dude... DUDE

Edit: probably should append this with an actual thought, but that was all I managed after reading that statement. Crazy if true. I think me and Cn11 might be offloading a 334 if that were the case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back