[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #5,086 of 7,021
It was hiflight who shared that btw. It seems that the ports on the 2.5 were modified to allow more sub bass into the mix, and some of the peaks in the treble were ironed out per some of the complaints in this thread. I can see how paring back the midbass on the ASG-2 coupled with the aforementioned would lead to a more refined sounding phone. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #5,096 of 7,021
That red one looked a lot more glossy on my end(e-mail). Maybe cuz I'm on mobile but I like that one. Rendered or real?

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #5,099 of 7,021
I got the email from them too...took some will power to not buy ASAP. I am in love with the red. I have the frosted ASG2, and while it sounds great, it looks a little sterile.

Hopefully the ASG2.5 doesn't improve too much on the sound of the 2. If so...I'm down another $700.

Don't worry, G2 were nearly perfect there is not much room for improvement.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #5,100 of 7,021
Don't worry, G2 were nearly perfect there is not much room for improvement.

Agree completely
I have been enjoying the ASG2 out of my WA7 for the last week or so
While the bass was quite confronting at first I have become acclimatised to it
My preferred setting is half way between 0 and the first notch
Early sessions would have been aided if Aurisonics included a diagram showing the range and min/max adjustments of the bass screw but I figured it out
Compared to the ER4s I think it perfectly illustrates the difference between a "stage monitor" and a "studio monitor"
It would be a shame if the market lost that in you're face honest thump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back