[REVIEW] Aurisonics AS-2's - Like being a kid in a candy store with a bag full of quarters
Nov 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #197 of 289
They should be shipping this month. I'll be doing a review of them when I can. The aesthetic options I wanted take some time and the change of the logo hasnt helped. Dont worry though. I shall get them. They've been paid in full and will get to me soon. Right now I'm not worried about it as I am in a part of the path of Hurricane Sandy and we aren't getting deliveries regularly yet anyways. 
Quote:
Kenman,
Have you received your AS-1's yet? I looked through most of this thread but didn't see any impressions. Thanks!

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #198 of 289
*ALERT!

After sending Aurisonics an email about an almost complete loss of sound in my left AS-2, I received this reply from Andy:

Hi Michel,
   Sorry you are having an issue. We will take care of it. We recently discovered a problem with the tip filters and just got the updated ones in on Friday so more than likely this is your issue. We can repair and ship them out potentially same day.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #199 of 289
Quote:
*ALERT!

After sending Aurisonics an email about an almost complete loss of sound in my left AS-2, I received this reply from Andy:

Hi Michel,
   Sorry you are having an issue. We will take care of it. We recently discovered a problem with the tip filters and just got the updated ones in on Friday so more than likely this is your issue. We can repair and ship them out potentially same day.

Why is that an alert? That's excellent customer service. Things happen to every company, how they handle it is the mark of their service. Aurisonics did perfectly.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #200 of 289
Just read through the whole thread, thanks for the impressions. I can't wait 'til they announce the release date for the ASG-2. I'd get the custom version but the price is rather outrageous, especially with the limited customization options.

Also, I hope the shells for the ASG-2 are the same as the current ASG-1 shells, because they fit my ears perfectly.

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #201 of 289
Wouldn't get your hopes up on the shell thing. Pretty sure Aurisonics has expressed that the fossa nub at the top of the ASG-1 is going to be smaller due to complaints about the original form factor and more 3D scans of ears to go by when coming up with a shape.

Quote:
Just read through the whole thread, thanks for the impressions. I can't wait 'til they announce the release date for the ASG-2. I'd get the custom version but the price is rather outrageous, especially with the limited customization options.

Also, I hope the shells for the ASG-2 are the same as the current ASG-1 shells, because they fit my ears perfectly.

EDIT: Not 100% sure where I heard this. Just pretty sure I read it somewhere. I would be surprised if they went with the same shape after it seems to be one of the major complaints about the ASG-1 and also because the shape of the ASG-1's was specifically designed as a combination of sample ear scans they had on file. I'm sure by now they have more ears to learn from.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #202 of 289
Yeah I saw that in another thread, but I'm perfectly okay with that. The nubs are a little intrusive anyway. That should be a good revision.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #203 of 289
By the way, the AS-2's now have another aesthetic option, the Black and Red paint configuration. Also of note, Aurisonics has made it clear more customizations will be coming in te future.
Quote:
Yeah I saw that in another thread, but I'm perfectly okay with that. The nubs are a little intrusive anyway. That should be a good revision.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #204 of 289
Yikes, for 250 bucks though. 

These are the types of customization options, and prices that should be expected from a "custom" IEM:

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #205 of 289
Yea, but the AS-2's are being hand painted tediously. You'll see why it's worth it when I get my set of AS-1's done in that finish. I have no doubts mine will come out awesome.
Quote:

These are the types of customization options, and prices that should be expected from a "custom" IEM:
{removed Pic}

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #206 of 289
Hi kenman345, I see you have a Clip Zip - how does the AS-2 sound right out of that little player? I'm interested in this IEM but I don't really want to make my portable setup bigger than it is now. Thanks!

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #207 of 289
I usually use the AS-2's with my Tera Player. But tonight I shall charge the clip zip up and see how it performs. I havent paired the two together in quite some time. I don't remember having any complaints about it. The Clip Zip is a great little device. I think it's one of my best bang for the buck items besides my Koss PortaPro's which I also happen to really enjoy.

Basically, I don't remember anything bad about the combo, but I will let you know in a matter of a few hours what my opinion is. 
Quote:
Hi kenman345, I see you have a Clip Zip - how does the AS-2 sound right out of that little player? I'm interested in this IEM but I don't really want to make my portable setup bigger than it is now. Thanks!

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #208 of 289
Quote:
I usually use the AS-2's with my Tera Player. But tonight I shall charge the clip zip up and see how it performs. I havent paired the two together in quite some time. I don't remember having any complaints about it. The Clip Zip is a great little device. I think it's one of my best bang for the buck items besides my Koss PortaPro's which I also happen to really enjoy.

Basically, I don't remember anything bad about the combo, but I will let you know in a matter of a few hours what my opinion is. 

Much appreciated!

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #209 of 289
I see you're in New York. If you would like to try out the Tera Player sometime or have a one on one chat about audio sometime, let me know where abouts you live. I'm on long island and could easily meet up in manhattan if you wanted sometime. Can't let you try the AS-2's though, they're custom. Might be getting ASG-2's though when they are finally announced and launched.
Quote:

Much appreciated!

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #210 of 289
Quote:

Different manufacturing techniques and materials. It means it will be a bit more work for Aurisonics to implement their aesthetics vs their competitors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back