Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Jun 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #46 of 681
now that is interesting...considering those flc 8s are on my radar for supposedly offering fab bang for the buck and not having to spend $1k.

in addition to the gents who've already offered their helpful ops, it would also be worthy for other equally
 seasoned reviewers, brooko, hifichris, nmatheius to also try these and offer their thoughts.
i wonder if we can arrive at some concensus on these for bang for buck, value...do they really kick above their price point etc?
.....i mean the media has very good reviews on them (see pages 2 and 4 for reviews that i linked in the thread below
http://www.head-fi.org/t/808683/1more-e1001-triple-driver-in-ear-headphones-review/15).

After 2 weeks of constant listening session. There is no Way to get them (FLC a d TD) in the same row. It's just another league. Especially bass.

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #47 of 681
After 2 weeks of constant listening session. There is no Way to get them (FLC a d TD) in the same row. It's just another league. Especially bass.

Good to know, thanks for sharing!

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #48 of 681
These were my second IEMs just after the XiaoMi hybrids and I can tell you they sound phenomenal. After upgrading to Sony XBA-40's and going back to these I can tell that they have a crisp metallic sounding treble, which makes the sound come out bright.

Great review and essentially highlights what I thought about these IEMs. Smooth and clear. Well articulated bass with noticeable sub-bass as well.

All I can say is this is an awesome pair of headphones especially for its price, and the quality of it cannot be beat. Get a pair if you haven't, they're great to add to your collection.

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #49 of 681
These were my second IEMs just after the XiaoMi hybrids and I can tell you they sound phenomenal. After upgrading to Sony XBA-40's and going back to these I can tell that they have a crisp metallic sounding treble, which makes the sound come out bright.

Great review and essentially highlights what I thought about these IEMs. Smooth and clear. Well articulated bass with noticeable sub-bass as well.

All I can say is this is an awesome pair of headphones especially for its price, and the quality of it cannot be beat. Get a pair if you haven't, they're great to add to your collection.

They are good but for tiny bit more I believe the Fidue A73 are better - in all ways. My opinion of course and no microphonics

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #50 of 681

Welcome to Head-Fi!  Glad you like the Triple Driver, it is one awesome-sounding IEM!

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #51 of 681
I'm very happy with these too. In the beginning I thought I made a mistake buying these because there was too much bass. 100h of break-in and some tip rolling (Philips Fidelio S1 silicone tips) made them sound more coherent and got them were they keep on growing on me.

I'm not a basshead but these have lots of bass (are they in basshead territory?). In the beginning the bass overpowered the midrange but as break-in settled the driver that's no longer the case. Bass gives impressive weight to the sound signature. Mids have a nice presence, certainly in comparison with HLSX 808, adding body to this range. Voices sound very realistic through these iems. Treble has enough detail to keep me happy. Although I must say they have a darkish sound signature in comparison with my other iems. So, fatigue is not an issue.

Microphonics is not as bad as the reviews made me believe. I have way worse in my collection. I can use them on the go without being bothered too much with microphonics. I'm also a fan of the three button mic. In my opinion every iem should have mic and buttons which makes an iem so much more convienient.

I can recommend them without any hesitation.

Jun 26, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #53 of 681
  gearbest stopped stocking these, any other good places to pick up a pair ?

Check the review (first post of the thread) - I have the link underneath "Earphone".

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #55 of 681
I just got my set yesterday after coming from years of loving the etymotics. I wanted something a bit more bottom heavy. I have to say that I got way more than I bargained for. These are definitely bass monsters. The dynamic driver hits hard. Unfortunately, the bass amplification extends to the upper bass frequencies ~ 150Hz+ and it sounds overly boomy in many tracks. For rock and pop, they sound spectacular. Lots of detail, great instrument separation, with the hard hitting bass. With some instrumentals, the bass sounds very distorted and unrealistic. The bass drum and cello has this boominess to it that covers up many of the other instruments. 

Overall I like this for about half my music and dislike it for the other half. I'll have to see if they improve after break-in like with what yoowan reports. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #56 of 681
I just got my set yesterday after coming from years of loving the etymotics. I wanted something a bit more bottom heavy. I have to say that I got way more than I bargained for. These are definitely bass monsters. The dynamic driver hits hard. Unfortunately, the bass amplification extends to the upper bass frequencies ~ 150Hz+ and it sounds overly boomy in many tracks. For rock and pop, they sound spectacular. Lots of detail, great instrument separation, with the hard hitting bass. With some instrumentals, the bass sounds very distorted and unrealistic. The bass drum and cello has this boominess to it that covers up many of the other instruments. 

Overall I like this for about half my music and dislike it for the other half. I'll have to see if they improve after break-in like with what yoowan reports. 
That's a radical transition going from the er4 to a bass forward hybrid.

I would suggest listening to the 1more almost exclusively for a while and see if your ears/brain can adjust to the sound. Doing so, you might revisit the er4 and feel that they sound unnaturally thin.

In this hobby it has more to do with where you came from rather than what you're moving on to.

Cheers

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #57 of 681
Yeah the ER4 does sound unnaturally thin, for about half the genres of music. But it sounds perfect for the other half, especially live recordings and instrumentals. 

When I put on some orchestral music, there shouldn't be boomy sounds from the cello and bass drum. It should should exactly like a cello and bass drum as you would expect to hear it in real life. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #58 of 681

They are a bit warm to me, but not excessively. Definitely less than say a M-100 V-moda from my recollection.

Give them time to burn in and/or adjust the fit. Play with the different sized buds.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #59 of 681
I'm back after a long holiday. Some people were referring to my burn-in experience in some earlier posts above. I don't want to start a discussion but the drivers (and/or my brain) really benefit from burn-in. The bass that was excessive in the beginning really settled. Bass is still abundantly present but is rather there to give weight to the sound signature. As a matter of fact they're now (and during my holiday) the iems I used most often. The more I use them the more I like them. I really dig their musicality. They're a real bargain.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #60 of 681
  I'm back after a long holiday. Some people were referring to my burn-in experience in some earlier posts above. I don't want to start a discussion but the drivers (and/or my brain) really benefit from burn-in. The bass that was excessive in the beginning really settled. Bass is still abundantly present but is rather there to give weight to the sound signature. As a matter of fact they're now (and during my holiday) the iems I used most often. The more I use them the more I like them. I really dig their musicality. They're a real bargain.

My 1MORE Triple arrived yesterday and my first impression (zero burn in) is that they are really well balanced, no excessive bass at all. To be honest I would prefer even more subbass (that is why I love my TFZ 5). I cant believe that I paid only 71 USD (incl. shipping to EU) for these. Now these cost about 100 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back