Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Aug 9, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #61 of 681
My 1MORE Triple arrived yesterday and my first impression (zero burn in) is that they are really well balanced, no excessive bass at all. To be honest I would prefer even more subbass (that is why I love my TFZ 5). I cant believe that I paid only 71 USD (incl. shipping to EU) for these. Now these cost about 100 USD.

Try different sized buds. A great seal should increase the bass from my experience with them.

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #62 of 681
I just got a pair from Costco.com for 69.99 ($10 off special). They arrived today, and I gotta say, this review is on point. I own several earphones, always looking for that "perfect" sound reproduction. I have to say, I'm done looking. In fact, I'm getting another pair as backup before Costco sells out.
You know, in just about every review of sub-$100 earphones, people write "these are absolutely great for the price". Not this time. These are absolutely great at any price.

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #63 of 681
I just got a pair from Costco.com for 69.99 ($10 off special). They arrived today, and I gotta say, this review is on point. I own several earphones, always looking for that "perfect" sound reproduction. I have to say, I'm done looking. In fact, I'm getting another pair as backup before Costco sells out.
You know, in just about every review of sub-$100 earphones, people write "these are absolutely great for the price". Not this time. These are absolutely great at any price.

Costco - wow!  I love that place!  Happy you were able to get them and experience an amazing sounding earphone, especially for the price! (I mean it 
tongue_smile.gif
)

Cheers!

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #66 of 681
These are currently my favorite earphones, dethroning my ER4S. 

I got cheap Comply tips off Aliexpress for 88 cents a pair and the fit is much better. I actually have a perfect seal now with isolation. 

Also I used EQ (Equalizer APO) to fix that midbass bump along with a few other adjustments to flatted out a few peaks and valleys. These earphones sound absolutely phenomenal now. The bass is rich and deep without being boomy. The imaging on these are incredible. The drivers are fully capable of producing phenomenal sound, I just disagree with the "Gramminy-award-winning-Luca's tuning. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #67 of 681
  These are currently my favorite earphones, dethroning my ER4S. 

I got cheap Comply tips off Aliexpress for 88 cents a pair and the fit is much better. I actually have a perfect seal now with isolation. 

Also I used EQ (Equalizer APO) to fix that midbass bump along with a few other adjustments to flatted out a few peaks and valleys. These earphones sound absolutely phenomenal now. The bass is rich and deep without being boomy. The imaging on these are incredible. The drivers are fully capable of producing phenomenal sound, I just disagree with the "Gramminy-award-winning-Luca's tuning. 

Just wondering, why and in what specific way(s) do you "disagree with the Grammy-award-winning-Luca's tuning"?

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #68 of 681

Just wondering, why and in what specific way(s) do you "disagree with the Grammy-award-winning-Luca's tuning"?

Um, the EQ plot perfectly depicts in what specific ways I disagree with Luca's tuning.

The main complaint I had is the midbass bloat that sounds very boomy and masks a lot of the details in many tracks. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #69 of 681

The EQ plot should perfectly depict in what specific way do I disagree with Luca's tuning.

The main complaint I had is the midbass bloat that sounds very boomy and masks a lot of the details in many tracks. 

Thanks for the explanation.  I would assume that based on what you said that you personally feel that Luca's tuning is incorrect (since you stated "The EQ plot should perfect depict...")

You may hear a midbass bloat, but some may not, hence Luca's tuning is simply tuning: it's not right, or wrong.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #70 of 681
Yes that's why I said I disagree with it. In the end, it's all subjective. Luca specifically states this on the box that he dislikes the "objective" flat, neutral sound. 
I'm certainly not alone on my opinion of the midbass bloat judging from many of the comments in this thread. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #71 of 681
  Yes that's why I said I disagree with it. In the end, it's all subjective. Luca specifically states this on the box that he dislikes the "objective" flat, neutral sound. 
I'm certainly not alone on my opinion of the midbass bloat judging from many of the comments in this thread. 

But I still don't get why you disagree with it.  It's like what you are saying is that he is wrong in his tuning.  If you are saying that Lucas dislikes the objective flat, neutral sound (and as a result didn't make an objective flat, neutral sound) and you know that the sound will be different (and as a result wouldn't like the tuning), then why did you purchase the Triple Driver in the first place?  Sorry, just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #72 of 681
You can disagree with someone without claiming they're wrong. I also bought this partially based on your review. You said the bass was "controlled, not diffuse", and a "more reference, balanced, and therefore satisfying earphone."

That's what I was expecting when I ordered these earphones. I disagree with your statement and so do many others in this thread.  In fact, I would go as far as saying you're wrong in making that statement. It's certainly not reference and not even Luca claims it is. You could easily tell it's not balanced by playing a frequency generator sweep and you'd quickly hear the forwardness of the midbass. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #73 of 681
  You can disagree with someone without claiming they're wrong. I also bought this partially based on your review. You said the bass was "controlled, not diffuse", and a "more reference, balanced, and therefore satisfying earphone."

That's what I was expecting when I ordered these earphones. I disagree with your statement and so do many others in this thread.  In fact, I would go as far as saying you're wrong in making that statement. It's certainly not reference and not even Luca claims it is. You could easily tell it's not balanced by playing a frequency generator sweep and you'd quickly hear the forwardness of the midbass. 

Have you listened to the 1MORE Dual Driver?  Listen to it and come back on the thread and say it is more balanced/reference sounding than the 1MORE Triple Driver.

Again, when you say you disagree with Lucas' tuning, I still don't understand - especially when you now say that he is not wrong.  I just don't get what you are saying.

As for me, you can say I am wrong and that is your prerogative.  Just to let you know, I am not wrong, and you saying that I am wrong in what I write with regards to my opinions shows that you really do not understand.  My definition of balanced and reference may be completely different from yours.  But to say that I'm flat-out wrong is no-bueno.

Just because I hear something does not mean that you will hear it, and vice versa.  

Also, just because a person writes their opinion does not make it right.  Or wrong.

I do not want to have to add another disclaimer to my already growing list of disclaimers because people need to be explained the reasoning of everything that I write.

No matter what anyone says, listen for yourself to find out what is best for your wants and/or needs.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #74 of 681
Reference sounds means you're hearing the sound exactly as it was originally created, eg, a live performance. That means a bass guitar should sound exactly like a bass guitar in real life. That is, for the most part, an objective measure and not an opinion. The 1more triple driver certainly does not have a reference bass response in that regard. That's a fact, not an opinion. Even Luca says he wasn't aiming for the reference sound when he tuned these. 

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #75 of 681
  Reference sounds means you're hearing the sound exactly as it was originally created, eg, a live performance. That means a bass guitar should sound exactly like a bass guitar in real life. That is, for the most part, an objective measure and not an opinion. The 1more triple driver certainly does not have a reference bass response in that regard. That's a fact, not an opinion. Even Luca says he wasn't aiming for the reference sound when he tuned these. 

Please answer my other questions to you above ("Have you listened to the 1MORE Dual Driver?  Listen to it and come back on the thread and say it is more balanced/reference sounding than the 1MORE Triple Driver." and "Again, when you say you disagree with Lucas' tuning, I still don't understand - especially when you now say that he is not wrong.  I just don't get what you are saying."

You stating "The 1more triple driver certainly does not have a reference bass response in that regard. That's a fact, not an opinion." can not be a fact because the 1MORE Triple Driver (and anything else) can sound different to different people.  Not just the Triple Driver itself, but the sources/DAC/amps/etcetera that are attached to the 1MORE Triple Driver (or anything else) can change the sound to where the signature can sound different to very different as well.  This is fact, not an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back