Revamp Acoustics
Feb 16, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #32 of 765
Need suggestion for dimensions,
Are Height 120mm * Widht 70mm * Depth 25mm is still handy?
I'm refering to bulky dap like HM-xxx series, QLS series and Hifi E.T, and I think is still handy enough.

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #34 of 765
Welcome Aradea. Do you own any of TJ's creations?

In addition to TJ's Teri G1 & Nuansa A1, I also own Henry's CampFred earbuds. Indonesia is handcrafting some really nice personal audio gear right now!

Yeah I own the Nuansa A1. Quite surprised at first when I found out how small it is. But the sound.. wow!
Definitely worth every cent! hahaha

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #35 of 765
I'm refering to bulky dap like HM-xxx series, QLS series and Hifi E.T, and I think is still handy enough.

IMHO Good size for a portable amp!

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #37 of 765

IMO the size would be great...still very pocketable. Buttons are great too vs. touchscreen. Touchscreens seem to always impact battery life. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #38 of 765

IMO, physical buttons are more convenient for fast pocket activation.

IMO the size would be great...still very pocketable. Buttons are great too vs. touchscreen. Touchscreens seem to always impact battery life. 

Agree, buttons are simpler and let the development focus on what's most important, which is the sound quality. Touch screen will lead to a lot of bug fixing on the UI, and drain battery faster.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #40 of 765
Yup, I also choose a physical button, but why I consider to use touchscreen it simplified to me for making an enclosure, no need too much care about a hole precision, switch cap is also hard to find for small quantity.

And let's talk about volume control, since this also will be used for an old DAC so volume can't be controlled in digital side, a new generation DAC is have digital control that can be configured in software.

So we must deal with bulky analog potentiometer, I will not choosing to use digital potentiometer IC, even for audio grade ones like PGA32xx.

I'm still trust analog pots.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #44 of 765
Any updates TJ? I know you're on the process of getting a CNC machine put together so you can make custom cases for your great. That's really cool.
I know I'm excited to hear more about what's going on in your shop. I bet others are, too!

TJ sent me a pic of the DAP in progress, but I did not have his approval to release the pic yet.
He said he will send more pictures once the work is complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back