Revamp Acoustics
Feb 13, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #18 of 765
Let me try to introduce myself, and I'm sorry my poor English.
Actually I'm also poor even in Indonesian language to explain about me ha..ha..

Generally I'm just a "maker", person that just want to make something by myself, it's more about exploration. since when doing a D.I.Y usually the money that spend will be more than just buy a ready made product 
biggrin.gif

Interested to making a portable audio product than other audio segment because in portable is more chalanging.
efficiency of using a battery, choosing a parts and maintaining a dimension.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #19 of 765
  Let me try to introduce myself, and I'm sorry my poor English.
Actually I'm also poor even in Indonesian language to explain about me ha..ha..

Generally I'm just a "maker", person that just want to make something by myself, it's more about exploration. since when doing a D.I.Y usually the money that spend will be more than just buy a ready made product 
biggrin.gif

Interested to making a portable audio product than other audio segment because in portable is more chalanging.
efficiency of using a battery, choosing a parts and maintaining a dimension.

All creativity started from curiosity to explore more. You've proven that you're more than just an ordinary audiophile. I believe we all can learn a lot from your adventure!
Please share more of your design philosophy, so we can have better understanding of your products. Thanks! 
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #21 of 765
All creativity started from curiosity to explore more. You've proven that you're more than just an ordinary audiophile. I believe we all can learn a lot from your adventure!
Please share more of your design philosophy, so we can have better understanding of your products. Thanks! :wink:

Thank you,
I will talk more about my creation under Revamp Acoustics and the pholilosophy behind that later.

Nuansa P1 - Will it support mp3/ flac?

Yes, it supporting WAV, FLAC and MP3

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #27 of 765
Talk about my upcoming creation, now I call PA10 (PATEN), I will tell what I choose and why I choose.

Microprocessor or Microcontroller?
I choose Microcontroller (MCU) same like G1 and P1, the general purpose MCU ones, not a special audio MCU.
Because using general purpose MCU I can have more customization, and yes also more work to achieving same function with special audio MCU. I said same function, not same quality. Also special MCU majority need to pay license for Tools and SDK.
I can make custom protocol to talk with DAC, using I2S, PCM or maybe DSD protocol.
I can get more precise timing formula than Microprocessor. RTOS will very helping me for that.
Low power consumption than Microprocessor.

GUI or NON-GUI
Actually why avoiding a GUI based navigation for G1 and P1, beside about limited resource in current MCU to doing Decode and GUI task, also I'm avoiding the complicated GUI features that I need to implement, track, and album navigation, playlist, setting, album art, tetris, flappy bird?
But for PA10, I will try to implement GUI navigation, since I know it's not easy to navigating a large songs collection. I will use higher MCU than G1 and P1, off course more power hungry than G1 and P1, so I need bigger battery (and bigger total dimension of DAP unit)
Also I choose to make a rollable DAC, I need a setting screen to switching DAC system in firmware.
But, I'm so sorry, there will be no available fancy features implemented on PA10 GUI. no lyrics, search function etc.
Currenty I'm thinking to using a ready made GUI framework, that will cut GUI development so much than building GUI framework from scratch, developing hardware and low level system is also very time consuming.
We talk about license to use the GUI framework, the closest possibility of license that I can pay as DIY-er, not a large Audio company is volume based license for single variant of product.
So for volume production under 500~1000pcs per year (I don't even think can make 500pcs per year ha..ha..), I can just pay about 3000~6000 USD per variant of product. 
Rollable DAC will not count as a new variant of product, just addition module for PA10.

Button or Touchscreen?
It's hard making an enclosure and for managing a physical button still precise per unit. remember, this is a hand made product.
So maybe I will go for touchscreen, and a using one or two physical button, like for power button. 

So that what I think for now, feel free to give me some suggestion.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #28 of 765
  Talk about my upcoming creation, now I call PA10 (PATEN), I will tell what I choose and why I choose.

Microprocessor or Microcontroller?
I choose Microcontroller (MCU) same like G1 and P1, the general purpose MCU ones, not a special audio MCU.
Because using general purpose MCU I can have more customization, and yes also more work to achieving same function with special audio MCU. I said same function, not same quality. Also special MCU majority need to pay license for Tools and SDK.
I can make custom protocol to talk with DAC, using I2S, PCM or maybe DSD protocol.
I can get more precise timing formula than Microprocessor. RTOS will very helping me for that.
Low power consumption than Microprocessor.

GUI or NON-GUI
Actually why avoiding a GUI based navigation for G1 and P1, beside about limited resource in current MCU to doing Decode and GUI task, also I'm avoiding the complicated GUI features that I need to implement, track, and album navigation, playlist, setting, album art, tetris, flappy bird?
But for PA10, I will try to implement GUI navigation, since I know it's not easy to navigating a large songs collection. I will use higher MCU than G1 and P1, off course more power hungry than G1 and P1, so I need bigger battery (and bigger total dimension of DAP unit)
Also I choose to make a rollable DAC, I need a setting screen to switching DAC system in firmware.
But, I'm so sorry, there will be no available fancy features implemented on PA10 GUI. no lyrics, search function etc.
Currenty I'm thinking to using a ready made GUI framework, that will cut GUI development so much than building GUI framework from scratch, developing hardware and low level system is also very time consuming.
We talk about license to use the GUI framework, the closest possibility of license that I can pay as DIY-er, not a large Audio company is volume based license for single variant of product.
So for volume production under 500~1000pcs per year (I don't even think can make 500pcs per year ha..ha..), I can just pay about 3000~6000 USD per variant of product. 
Rollable DAC will not count as a new variant of product, just addition module for PA10.

Button or Touchscreen?
It's hard making an enclosure and for managing a physical button still precise per unit. remember, this is a hand made product.
So maybe I will go for touchscreen, and a using one or two physical button, like for power button. 

So that what I think for now, feel free to give me some suggestion.

How about output power implementation? Will it be able to power some of the larger high impedance headphones? Maybe a hi-low gain switch...just a thought.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #30 of 765

How about output power implementation? Will it be able to power some of the larger high impedance headphones? Maybe a hi-low gain switch...just a thought.

That's more on analog side, after the DAC, so will be choosing when the digital side was done.

Sorry if I'm being a bit off, I Have no knowledge in this field but why not making a rockbox GUI from the get go ?

Actually Rockbox is developed for Microprocessor platform, need more higher clock processor and larger RAM.
so there is not possible to ported to PA10 platform

Users who are viewing this thread

Back