Revamp Acoustics
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #301 of 765
Did you have to mount the ADA4841-2 on a SOIC adapter? Where did you get them from?

Yes, I mounted it on an SOIC adapter. I always stocked the ADA4841-2 for some of my Topkits. I am considering a Topkit for the P1, but need to run it by TJ first.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #302 of 765
Hi, guys. I just got bad news from the Post Office today. I had to collect all P1 shipments to the USA and Thailand. Customs refused to send them on to the USA because of the Li-ion battery inside.
This was very frustrating for me, as I'm sure it is for you. They won't even refund the shipping fees I paid, so I just lost about $125 USD.

Yesterday I track the shipment is arrived to USA.

Screenshot_20170711-224439.png Screenshot_20170711-224446.png

But Today I got information from local Post Office that the packages is returned back, then go to Post Office to take back the packages.

IMG_20170711_224248.jpg

Again, I can only imagine that makes those of you who ordered P1 frustrated and disappointed, and I want to help make things right. I can see three options...

Option #1 is a full refund of the PayPal payment made for the P1.

Option #2 is shipment of P1 without the battery, which is readily available via eBay for less than $10 USD shipped. I can provide a link and instructions for how to connect the battery as needed.

Option #3 is shipment of P1 with the battery, using sea shipping. But I don't recommend that due poor tracking and long shipment time.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

For next release and also for another upcoming products, I'm so sorry to not accepting order outside Indonesia. I will try to redesigned the enclosure for detachable standard battery, so you can easily find the battery in your Country.

TJ

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #303 of 765
Hi, guys. I just got bad news from the Post Office today. I had to collect all P1 shipments to the USA and Thailand. Customs refused to send them on to the USA because of the Li-ion battery inside.
This was very frustrating for me, as I'm sure it is for you. They won't even refund the shipping fees I paid, so I just lost about $125 USD.

Yesterday I track the shipment is arrived to USA.

But Today I got information from local Post Office that the packages is returned back, then go to Post Office to take back the packages.

Again, I can only imagine that makes those of you who ordered P1 frustrated and disappointed, and I want to help make things right. I can see three options...

Option #1 is a full refund of the PayPal payment made for the P1.

Option #2 is shipment of P1 without the battery, which is readily available via eBay for less than $10 USD shipped. I can provide a link and instructions for how to connect the battery as needed.

Option #3 is shipment of P1 with the battery, using sea shipping. But I don't recommend that due poor tracking and long shipment time.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

For next release and also for another upcoming products, I'm so sorry to not accepting order outside Indonesia. I will try to redesigned the enclosure for detachable standard battery, so you can easily find the battery in your Country.

TJ
So if mine said that it got processed through SanFrancisco, it actually didn't?. I will take option 2, but I need the link to the battery on ebay and would like mine shipped right away as I want it for my vacation.

Jul 11, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #305 of 765
So if mine said that it got processed through SanFrancisco, it actually didn't?. I will take option 2, but I need the link to the battery on ebay and would like mine shipped right away as I want it for my vacation.
Previously I also think it success go to SanFrancisco, but it't didn't. that strange, because how the tracking status is processed in USA but the packages was returned to me.
So I will post the link for battery soon, and tomorrow I will resend without battery.
How did the ones you sent out via batch one make through customs?
Indonesia Custom is very strict, the Teri G1 and also batch 1 Nuansa P1 is also hard to shipped. Luckily that success on custom inspection.
For this batch I sent out 5 units to USA and 1 unit to Thailand. For Thailand is success arrived to customer.
But for 5 units to USA is not pass customs inspection. Maybe if I just sent 1 unit will be pass custom inspection.
It's funny if I must send 1 unit every week, really hopeless.

TJ

Jul 11, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #306 of 765
I thought it was strange since tracking showed my P1 processed through New York two days ago but no updates since.

Was really looking forward to finally getting my P1 but I know customs can be tricky.

Can't decide if I want to deal with ordering and installing a separate battery though. However, the P1 is the only DAP that fit my requirements of multibit and no screen (really tired of touchscreens everywhere).

How fast can you re-ship the P1 without battery to the U.S. and how long might it take for a $10 battery to arrive?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #307 of 765
This is crazy. I remember Wild Lee from VE saying epacket/ems would not do battery device anymore but some other companies like Singapore post would do?
But Indonesia doesn't have as much offer as China for postal services... That being said. A detachable battery design would make the device appealing for people that like to use their dap for more than 5 years...

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #308 of 765
Previously I also think it success go to SanFrancisco, but it't didn't. that strange, because how the tracking status is processed in USA but the packages was returned to me.
So I will post the link for battery soon, and tomorrow I will resend without battery.

Indonesia Custom is very strict, the Teri G1 and also batch 1 Nuansa P1 is also hard to shipped. Luckily that success on custom inspection.
For this batch I sent out 5 units to USA and 1 unit to Thailand. For Thailand is success arrived to customer.
But for 5 units to USA is not pass customs inspection. Maybe if I just sent 1 unit will be pass custom inspection.
It's funny if I must send 1 unit every week, really hopeless.

TJ
Are the pads good on the P1? I do not want issues when I get the P1 and when soldering the battery.

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #309 of 765
Are the pads good on the P1? I do not want issues when I get the P1 and when soldering the battery.

The battery is using socket, so you don't need to solder anything.

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-12 at 12.15.45 AM.jpeg

Here's the detail :
Battery type : Lipo
Package size : 103450
Capacity real : 1800mAh
Connector type : PHR-2

I thought it was strange since tracking showed my P1 processed through New York two days ago but no updates since.

Was really looking forward to finally getting my P1 but I know customs can be tricky.

Can't decide if I want to deal with ordering and installing a separate battery though. However, the P1 is the only DAP that fit my requirements of multibit and no screen (really tired of touchscreens everywhere).

How fast can you re-ship the P1 without battery to the U.S. and how long might it take for a $10 battery to arrive?

It's like before, about 5~8 Days to arrived.
For battery, I can't tell anything for shipment because I just pointing to a correct model of battery. So I'm not a seller of the battery.

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #310 of 765

Here's the detail :

For battery, I can't tell anything for shipment because I just pointing to a correct model of battery. So I'm not a seller of the battery.
Do you have a direct link?

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #311 of 765

Here's the detail :

What is the voltage?

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #312 of 765
The other issue with ordering from ebay is all the vendors who have it are in china, and that pushes me into late July to early August which pushes this whole thing into 3 months of waiting. If anyone has a source for these batteries locally in the us please post. Also @tjstyle will higher mAh batteries fit /work?

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #313 of 765
That's bad news. I had the same experience last February as I was trying to send a unit of portable amplifier from Indonesia to Thailand. It didn't even pass inspection at the post office, they said since January 2017 all deliveries by air cannot contain battery products. If you want to force/risk sending with battery, it won't be passed by the Customs processing facility. I tried DHL, and they too said something similar. You'll need to create a permit (IDK from where) that verifies the battery is safe for travel, and even then it must/needs to be contained in a separate package/container which can isolate the battery in case of explosion or fire hazard. I think the Galaxy Note battery problem in the past contributed a large influence on this new regulation :D

Perhaps @tjstyle could try sending with TNT, because Jaben SG and Jakarta often use it for sending DAPs and Amplifiers abroad.

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #314 of 765
It's an inconsistent rule IMO. Because logically then, no one should be able to bring his phone on a plane, moreover use it during flight. A child is allowed to carry his/her own smartphone/tablet and use it in-flight on a plane, while a securely packaged DAP turned off cannot be placed in a plane?

I think another option would be to entrust someone as an escrow to bring to a gathering, for example CanJam SG. There anyone interested could meet and buy, or in case of pre-order then just receive the player. This is just my opinion for an alternative solution in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back