Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #2,191 of 2,480
Would be interesting to have a shootout between the Veritas and the new Mytek Brooklyn. 

Not quite a shootout between the two, but one of the german sites has reviewed both. Dac to dac - Veritas seems to be slightly better, not exactly what i expected for a price difference (brooklyn has a built in amp too). Mind you that Veritas was pre-production unit.

http://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/1737-resonessence-labs-veritas

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,192 of 2,480
Not quite a shootout between the two, but one of the german sites has reviewed both. Dac to dac - Veritas seems to be slightly better, not exactly what i expected for a price difference (brooklyn has a built in amp too). Mind you that Veritas was pre-production unit.

http://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/1737-resonessence-labs-veritas

Interesting, thanks. Looks like the Brooklyn is a bit more of a "Jack of all Trades" type device, while the Veritas is more focused. It's good to have both types out there I suppose. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #2,193 of 2,480
Since today i'm a proud owner of the Concero HD.
Love the deep, engaging yet delicate sound.

Also got an Aqvox USB Power Adapter which should make the sound even better, not sure though. Still confused about the Phase out of the Power Adapter.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #2,194 of 2,480
The concero HD is nice, listening to it now and enjoying it!

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2,195 of 2,480
I don't know if somebody can help me with this question but i ask anyways.

I got the Concero HD with an Aqvox USB Power Adapter. The Power Adapter is supposed to clean up the sound when used with Concero HD for example.
Now there is something like Phase out on these kind of devices and i don't know which direction the Power Adapter Plug has to be plugged in into the socket.
In one direction the music becomes wider and softer but at the same time with less bite on the other direction i can't hear any big differences if at all.

What you guys think may be correct. i tend to think the softer sound is better but its also a little quieter and like i said the bite isn't quite there.

I wrote Aqvox with this question lets see what they can tell me.

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,197 of 2,480
Comparing the Concero HD to the original Concero, the HD has a much wider soundstage and clarity, the Soundstage opens up and is filled with beautiful mids and depth. Basically a grown up Concero SD.

So where the old Concero had a smooth and nice sound, the HD spits out a massive Soundstage and a sophisticated and refined sound one would imagine it's coming from a bigger sized DAC.

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #2,198 of 2,480
Trying to decide between the Concero HD or the Herus+, I am sure they kept the formula and the signature sound. I would be fine with a Concero HD, but the portability and price of the Herus+ is too tempting to neglect. Has anyone been able to sample their difference. If the gap is large enough that the HD just blows the Herus+ away.

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #2,199 of 2,480
  Trying to decide between the Concero HD or the Herus+, I am sure they kept the formula and the signature sound. I would be fine with a Concero HD, but the portability and price of the Herus+ is too tempting to neglect. Has anyone been able to sample their difference. If the gap is large enough that the HD just blows the Herus+ away.

If you want to keep the functionality of the Concero, while maintaining portability look at the NuPrime uDSD. It's a great little converter as well.

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #2,200 of 2,480
I have had the Resonessence Labs Concero HP for about a week now and I gotta say that this definitely something special :) Gotta give some love to Canadian made products, as the fine folks at Resonessence Labs (thanks for letting me check them out!) have done a bang up job with the Concero HP. This thing has so much power its crazy. And oh how good it sounds 
evil_smiley.gif
 I will be posting a more in-depth look at it pretty soon.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #2,202 of 2,480
  Hi,

Does anyone have the USB audio 2.0 driver that is older than v3.29?
Tried downloading and running, but my anti virus caught it a as a trojan...

I talked to someone from Reso labs about that and they said to turn off the Antivirus before downloading and installing it. Its not a virus but gets picked up as one for some reason. 

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #2,203 of 2,480
I tried the HD700 out of the concero HP and my lord, what a difference! Loving how rich it sounded and not as bright or sharp as I expected, especially after adding in the AQ jitterbug. Loved the combo :)  the Nighthawk sounded sublime as well!

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #2,204 of 2,480
Has anyone experience with a power supply for the Concero HD.
I have an Aqvox Power Supply and when used with the Concero HD it's much more warm and soft sounding. Almost too much for my taste. So has anyone witnessed this for himself?

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,205 of 2,480
Hey, I would like to know if the Concero HD works with ipad via lightning to USB camera adaptor or not.
I would be a great listening experience to take it outdoor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back