Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Dec 18, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #2,161 of 2,480
updated win 10 drivers (3.26.0) available for Resonessence Dac Family: Updated Windows 10 Driver – November 2015

http://www.resonessencelabs.com/resonessence-generic-thesycon-usb-audio-2-0/

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #2,164 of 2,480
http://www.resonessencelabs.com/software-updates-for-concero/

It's not written on the website - but the version 2.8 shows up during the update process.

I've also noticed, that the update process takes longer than usually.

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,168 of 2,480
Hi guys-new to this thread. Does anyone here have any real world experience with the Concero HD vs. Schiit Gingnir multibit? I know they are entirely different animals, however my question is strictly concerning the sonics of each. I own the Concero HD myself. Any thought are greatly appreciated. BTW it is paired with a Bryston BHA-1 and Beyer T1.2 & DT1770. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2,169 of 2,480
I'm trying to decide what would pair better with my HD650, a Concero HP or Lake People G109S + Herus. Anyone have an opinion?
Tough one. Flip a coin. The 109s, I am guessing, has to have a more capable amp circuit, while Concero HP DAC circuit is likely better than Herus. I own Herus + and Concero HD-I never actually did any formal A/B between the two but one would assume they've built better sound into Concero. Personally, I would prefer a more robust DAC than amp, hence Concero HP for me.

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #2,171 of 2,480
Project86
Hello and could you make a brief comparison of the Concero HD to the Chord Hugo? particularly in your main stereo system. Thanks.

Hugo seems to have more perceived detail and overall higher resolution. It's also more forward as a result. Concero HD is somewhat more subdued and "musical", which works better with a wider variety of speakers... but when Hugo works - it works REALLY well. 

May 30, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #2,173 of 2,480
That would be interesting. Their main website hasn't been updated in a while. They do list the Veritas DAC in their news section. I really love my Concero HD. Superb in every way. Great synergy with my Marantz Model 7 and pair of Marantz Model 9's.

May 30, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #2,174 of 2,480
Anyone hear any rumors about Resonessence Labs releasing a new Concero HP with the new Sabre DACs?  Wondering if I should buy one now or wait a few months for a new one to be announced/released.
Just drop them an email. I did once before and they responded quickly.

May 31, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #2,175 of 2,480
Has anyone made any significant comparisons of the Concero HD/HP with iFi's new products? From what I read, the iFi Micro (not nano) iDAC was on the same level of quality as the Concero HD, for half the price. Since it was released, iFi has also released an upgraded power supply called the iPower, which improved performance significantly on all their devices. I know because I own the iFi iPhono preamplifier, and when I upgraded the power supply, it was a huge step up in performance. So if the iDAC was rivaling the Concero HD before its power supply upgrade, I wonder if anyone has done any comparisons with the upgraded power supply.

iFi has also just released a new version of some of their products, completely redesigned and supposedly a big step up in performance. I have already preordered the iPhono2 and wait for it eagerly. The iDAC also has a new version, so the new one is supposed to be a lot better than the old one.

Just curious because I am an owner and a huge fan of the Concero HP and a big fan of iFi's products as well. I don't regret purchasing my Concero HP or anything, but I think if I was purchasing one today, I would pull the trigger on the iFi instead.

Not a spokesperson for iFi, just love their products. They are really changing the game when it comes to the ratio of price/performance. The first generation iFi iPhono with the upgraded power supply, which I own, was named by one reviewer as one of the best phono preamps under 9k, so you might understand why I'm so enthusiastic about their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back