Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Nov 20, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,146 of 2,480
  Can I use the Concero HP as a DAC with a tube amp?

Yes, works fine with my Icon Audio HP8. What headphones are you using?

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,148 of 2,480
Now that I have received my Concero HD and Lake People G109 amp (
biggrin.gif
) I would like to try the filters on the DAC. Only problem is that I don't have an apple remote. But I'm definitely sure that I read somewhere you can use your smartphone to emulate this remote. I can't seem to make it work though. Anyone who has tried this?

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #2,149 of 2,480

The apple remote uses IR .. most smartphones don't have IR emitters so just an app isn't enough.  If you have a universal remote (used with TV, etc) then you can likely use it with the proper setup.

--mark

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2,155 of 2,480

For those interested: I managed to get my smartphone to work with the Concero HD with the Android app 'Peel'. You can emulate different remotes with this app.
I chose to emulate a streaming mediaplayer (Apple TV), and it works.

Nice! That's actually a good find for a variety of devices.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #2,156 of 2,480
I love this little crazy little Concero HD. Just got it today and here I am listening and it's getting late, and I can't stop. Help! Just kidding.

I ordered the apple remote so I can try the other two filters. Fun little piece of gear.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #2,157 of 2,480
  I love this little crazy little Concero HD. Just got it today and here I am listening and it's getting late, and I can't stop. Help! Just kidding.

I ordered the apple remote so I can try the other two filters. Fun little piece of Schiit.

popcorn.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #2,159 of 2,480
Lol. What's funny is I nearly went with the bifrost, then your rewrite would have been more or less accurate?

Haha, you caught that :wink:

I love my Concero, though the Mojo is serving most of my portable needs at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back