Replacing UE700: TF10 or CK10 or...
Feb 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lempelig

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers!

I'm looking into replacing my lost UE700.
They will mostly be used for metal and rock, but blues, acoustic and folk might sneak in, as my music taste is ever evolving and expanding, but rock and metal is at it's core.
Now as I'm looking for new IEMs, I want a noticeable upgrade. What I look for in an earphone, is mainly a superb build quality, good isolation, very low microphonics when used over ear, that TIGHT bass I had in the UE700 and a good all-round sound signature.
After reading a lot, I THINK I've reduced the the list, to the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 pro and Audio-Technica ATH-CK10.
I'm leaning towards the CK10, because of the build quality and the neutral sound signature.
Comments?
Alternatives?

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 6
How about newly released Ortofon e-Q5 or older model e-Q7.?

Latest review here:http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/01/ortofon-e-q5-review/

P.S. You are in Denmark right? ironically  E-Q5 are not Danish and only available in Japan or UK at the moment.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
How about newly released Ortofon e-Q5 or older model e-Q7.?

Latest review here:http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/01/ortofon-e-q5-review/

P.S. You are in Denmark right? ironically  E-Q5 are not Danish and only available in Japan or UK at the moment.

Have considered them, but I'm thrown off by the availability. The design is awesome, and it sounds like build is nice as well. I'll check them out some more.
Noticed that the Sennheiser IE8 is available for around $200 here, is it worth considering? It doesn't sound like it fits my sound criteria, or am I wrong?

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 6
Yes that is right,  IE8 are not quite same as CK10 or eQ5 to name few.
BTW, Ortofons as well as Ck10 are available from Dimitri from MusicaAcoustics.com
Ships worldwide so no worries.

Inquire Dimitri for a Special Price on e-Q5 he is offering  to all headfi members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back