Replacement for Monster Turbine Pro Gold
Aug 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

arvbuddy

New Head-Fier
So I just walked in to Best Buy 2 days ago and fell in love with them!

Well they already broke. I took really good care, but the earbud part split apart!

Now I've read about people trying to glue it and stuff and I don't even want to have to deal with that, you shouldn't have to glue your iems back together on the third day of owning them. That's some seriously bad build quality.

So I was wondering what your suggestions for a replacement are? I listen to Christian Rock, Christian Metal, Worship, Dubstep, and Trance. 

I really liked these because the base was phenomenal!! 

At times the highs pierced my ears, but that was fixed after burning them in the past two days.

I laid down $300 for them, so I'm not looking for cheap $100 iems. I originally planned to spend around $400-$500, but I thought these were really good as I've never tried anything, but them before.

I was originally looking at getting the EX1000's paired with a ZO2 or getting the Sennheiser ie80. What are your thoughts about those? 

Thanks for the replies! 
basshead.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 4
The Sony XBA4, Westone 3, JVC FX700 offers good punchy bass and overall crisp, clear soundquality.

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 4
yep, MPTG's sure dont have the greatest build quality... but they do have a lifetime warranty through monster-

If you liked the bass on those, definitely check out the FX700's, clear upgrade in every way... similar V-shaped fun sound signature but the main difference is they are vented and open, giving way to an amazing soundstage. I couldn't really go back to the mptg's after the jvcs, it just sounded so closed off and congested. (although its a bit unfair of a comparison, I still really like my mptg's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back