replace SE210. westone 1, SE215, SE315
Mar 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ChoiceTheory

New Head-Fier
I started with the e3c then got SE210, have loves the 210 for about 2 years.

I want an IEM with a negative profile so i can sleep more comfortably with them. The natural next purchase seems to be the SE315, but i would like to avoid the 200 mark. I am skeptical of the 215's because of the dynamic drive, as my life changed when i put a BA in my ear; but am getting the impression from FlavioT that they are pretty damn wonderful sounding. 

I suppose the crux of my situation is: will i regret an SE215 purchase because i love the sounds i get from my SE210 and their BA driver? If you believe i will not like the dynamic driver, then, is the SE315 really worth the price premium over the Westone 1.

OR, do you have other suggestions. please ask questions and thanks for the help. 

p.s. is there any kind of market for earphones were the cords are loose or one is not working, do people fix these kind of things? 

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 5

This is from another simular thread, the UM1 vs W1 distinction was very helpful, i did not know the drivers and sound was this different. 
The comments on the 115 vs 215, i don't believe to be correct, given the other available information on the forum.

I would also consider writing a nieve review of the 215's if anyone would be interested. 
Quote:

This decision is basically made by your sound preference, since all three sound very different.

The UM1 has its sound emphasis on the mids, so they are good for singer/songwriter music and the like, but IMHO not so good for everything else.

The SE215 is the SE115 in a new housing, so they will be very bassy.

The W1 is rather neutral, I would prefer them over the other two.

Comfort is exeptional with both Westones, while the Shure are a little less comfortable for me (I own the SE425 which use the same housing). All three offer decent isolation.

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 5
There seems to be a prevailing opinion that that W1 has a very flat response curve. I have come to believe that BA drivers are important for the level of clarity that i have come to appreciate, so i am hesitant to spend a simular amount of money on an IEM with a dynamic driver. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back