Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #211 of 344
I think only way to know for sure is ask for proof of mails between owner and maker. Inside u will find differences too..but unless u have a he5 at hand u cant compare..
Ps..i thought only the first delivered ones were without mini xlr..like mine..i was second one who received one (not counting the demo)..but then again..i also have the only black woody from him....

Hope this helped...i think a proof of payment to the maker (as i suppose u want some kind of invoice)..will do also...good luck!
Most of us paid by paypal..so thats easily to provide.

Ps..i will never sell mine..eventhough i got very high bids already.. :wink:

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #212 of 344
I think only way to know for sure is ask for proof of mails between owner and maker. Inside u will find differences too..but unless u have a he5 at hand u cant compare..
Ps..i thought only the first delivered ones were without mini xlr..like mine..i was second one who received one (not counting the demo)..but then again..i also have the only black woody from him....

Hope this helped...i think a proof of payment to the maker (as i suppose u want some kind of invoice)..will do also...good luck!
Most of us paid by paypal..so thats easily to provide.

Ps..i will never sell mine..eventhough i got very high bids already..
wink.gif

It it possible for you to take the pads off and take the pic of what the driver looks like? It it similar to the HE-6?

Thanks

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #213 of 344

It it possible for you to take the pads off and take the pic of what the driver looks like? It it similar to the HE-6?

Thanks

Unfortunately, Luis seals his modified headphones so there is no simple way to show what the drivers look like. 

He does refinish the wood to minimize the chance of cracking. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #214 of 344
  Unfortunately, Luis seals his modified headphones so there is no simple way to show what the drivers look like. 

He does refinish the wood to minimize the chance of cracking. 

How does the seal look like? When you take the pads off, what do you see? Im pretty sure that would be enough evidence vs a stock HE-5. Do you have a pair and if you can share pics?

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #215 of 344

How does the seal look like? When you take the pads off, what do you see? Im pretty sure that would be enough evidence vs a stock HE-5. Do you have a pair and if you can share pics?

http://i.imgur.com/HIBsB9H.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/25yS4eF.jpg

Here you go. Image attachment wasn't working for me. 

Code-X has some rug liner in front of the drivers. I meant Luis glues his headphones shut. This was necessary on Paradox/Slants since they are hermetically sealed as part of the mod. For his other headphones, they are sealed to prevent people from looking at his mods. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #216 of 344
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #217 of 344
Yes that second pic shows the rug liner,
and if you look close, half the driver can be seen (the front).

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #218 of 344

Am now testing my code-x out with a new kind of silver cable...WOW...it really opens up the laidback signature of the code-x..gives him more details..more timbre in the sound...

But this new silver cable...damn...for anyone interested: its the toxic cables SW22.. A new silver widow! U have to hear it to believe it..no kidding...

All the best
Paulo

That is a fibre stranded silver wire with total quage at 22awg.
Yet this wire is not pure.

It has at least a 1% reduction of silver content by using Gold....

Gold has a LOWER conductance than copper or silver, by the way..
So you have at best, a 98% pure stranded plated silver..

The Norne unlisted pure silver cable has over 4X the guage..

but..

You want to see a real MONSTER of a cable?

SOLID SILVER, not stranded garbage..
99.999 PURE SILVER,
Made with 8 cores of 24awg DOUBLED (16X24),
For a total of... 12...
YES, TWELVE GUAGE. ...!!!...!!!..
Pure silver wire,
IN teflon sleeving..

And at an amazing price!
Check the seller "ela-audio" on ebay before they stop production June 1st.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #219 of 344

It has a 1% reduction of silver content by using Gold....

So you have a 98% pure stranded plated silver..

but..

SOLID SILVER, not stranded garbage..
99.999 PURE SILVER,
Made with 8 cores of 24awg DOUBLED (16X24),
For a total of... 12...
YES, TWELVE GUAGE. ...!!!...!!!..
Pure silver wire,
IN teflon sleeving..

And at an amazing price!

Have you compared these cables? Impressions please if you have.

I couldnt find this cable on Ela Audios ebay. Can you give me a link for it and any idea on the pricing?

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #220 of 344

It has at least a 1% reduction of silver content by using Gold....

So you have at best, a 98% pure stranded plated silver..

but..

Lolz..dont know where this comes from...i tested a rather affordable cable (never said its pure silver) and you come up with cables probably double or triple or even more of the price of a sw22 4wire i tested..

.toxic cables also has 18 Awg! 8cores 100% solid core silver cable..its called the silver venom if u did your homework..lolz ofcourse its also completely different priced then the sw22 i tested..thats a very affordable (stranded) silver cable!

And why u sound so degrading about stranded wire. I now use a 22awg sw (check my pics on my profile), and i have to come across a better sounding 'silver based' cable until now FOR MY CODE-X...pls anyone..proof me wrong..i dont mind comparing it to the cable i now use....

and another thing..High quality solid core silver wire is very very very expensive and needs special sleevin as its so breakable. so a real solid core silver cable thats 'affordable make me nervous..as most should cost at least 700 or more at least.

But i know norne cable and i know they make excellent cables..at this moment those two brands i woukd buy cables blindly...and yeah..am curious too about prices of those solid core silver cables u talk about

And another thing...solid core cable are not per definition better then stranded..its all about built quality and used materials and ofcourse craftmanship...

As i always said andwill repeat..i respect all brands who do all to customers to get best for their dollar/euro.

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #221 of 344
No one can prove you wrong when we are speaking cables as it's about beliefs anyway :p

May 20, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #223 of 344
Nope..never..no...u wish...whahaha

May 25, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #225 of 344
I will trade you some beats.
with 18carat diamonds? :D
But seriously..i love this headphone...its so balanced..and mine is only in world in black wood...luis did something special with its black dying..maybe i would exchange it for a he1000.. Maybe.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back