Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #181 of 344
any tips for taking care of the wood while it's still attached to the headphone...

I might be getting DairyProduce [ironically I work those two departments at wal mart]  Code X or I'll be getting wood cups installed onto my HE 4, either way I'll have 3 wood housed headphones here soon :3

but my W1000x and Cocobolo D2k need some love and care... they are polished and well taken care of but I wonder how I should best countinue to care for them

Thats a question i also had..maybe luis can give some advices also, as he knows what wood and what finishes he used on the code-x'es
And another thing..i have a feeling u will like what u will hear when u do decide to buy the code-x...u wont get this chance ever more..the rest wont sell their code-x.. this is imho a chance u dont wanna miss.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #182 of 344
Thats a question i also had..maybe luis can give some advices also, as he knows what wood and what finishes he used on the code-x'es
And another thing..i have a feeling u will like what u will hear when u do decide to buy the code-x...u wont get this chance ever mkre..the rest wont sell their code-x.. this is imho a chance u dont wanna miss.

I'm not selling it willingly that's for sure 
redface.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #183 of 344
Mar 19, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #184 of 344

Feed-N-Wax - you can get it at home depot. Probably the best wax I've found. It is the same stuff Audeze includes with their kits.

beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #185 of 344

Feed-N-Wax - you can get it at home depot. Probably the best wax I've found. It is the same stuff Audeze includes with their kits.

cool beans, any tips for application 

And another thing..i have a feeling u will like what u will hear when u do decide to buy the code-x...u wont get this chance ever more..the rest wont sell their code-x.. this is imho a chance u dont wanna miss.

it should be noted Dairy is asking, or quoted me $1250... which is double what I paid for my soon to be very modded HE 4 q.q so I'll have to pass sadly. My car needs about $400 in work but I would LOVE to hear it >.>

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #186 of 344

it should be noted Dairy is asking, or quoted me $1250... which is double what I paid for my soon to be very modded HE 4 q.q so I'll have to pass sadly. My car needs about $400 in work but I would LOVE to hear it >.>

Yea - grab a rag (old sock, etc.), apply the wax to the sock and then rub it on. Wait an hour or so then wipe off the residue. Rinse and repeat. I typically apply 3 applications to give the wood a nice shine and to provide a film of wax for protection. 

beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #187 of 344

I have to be honest, thats a good price for an original, almost not used, woody Code-X!

Somebody offered 1500usd on the spot after listening to mine! But okay its not cheap, if u wanna go more affordable get a he500, he4 etc... But u wont get the soundquality, musicality and emotion this phone pumps out...i can only imagine how bad dairy must be feeling and how bad his situation must be to be forced to sell it...for me to sell mine i had to be rockbottom bad!

As i said..u wont find another anytime soon..or maybe never..its a keeper..the 20 owners dont talk about it either..they dont need to... They just know what a unique headphone they have :wink:

Dairy: i deeply hope u sell ur code-x.. So ur situation can be solved..good luck buddy!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #189 of 344
  I'm trying to see if I can somehow keep it 
confused_face.gif

I honestly hope that you can q.q

I have an HE 4, which is getting a new cable and some Wood Houseings.

but I yea I doubt it's going to match the sound of the Code X, but it's nice to know the Code X is in leagues with the LCD X/3 and maybe the HD 800

gawd how does the Code X compare to cans like the Aybss :O

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #190 of 344
Its sold guys..some lucky new owner has him..hope he says something on this thread about his first impressions about his new toy :wink:

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #192 of 344
How does the code-x compare with the He-6?

I only once heard the he6 a while ago..so i cant give u a one on one difference...but if u go back to the first pages of this thread u will read that someone did compare it and found the code-x better..and a dear friend of mine who actually is the importer/dealer of hifiman here in the netherlands said same thing when he also heard it on his head in sweden on a meet... And based on those two people i ordered one...to pair with my new amp, which was designed and built purely to drive a he6 on its best..but i got a code-x instead and never looked back..but in a couple of months a benelux meet will take place and i will then be able to do a one on one compare..and after that there will be a 'on invite' meeting for around 6rigs max... Also with a he6 rig...and i will be there :D

So in couple of months i will know how my code-x will scale up... :wink:

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #193 of 344
I only once heard the he6 a while ago..so i cant give u a one on one difference...but if u go back to the first pages of this thread u will read that someone did compare it and found the code-x better..and a dear friend of mine who actually is the importer/dealer of hifiman here in the netherlands said same thing when he also heard it on his head in sweden on a meet... And based on those two people i ordered one...to pair with my new amp, which was designed and built purely to drive a he6 on its best..but i got a code-x instead and never looked back..but in a couple of months a benelux meet will take place and i will then be able to do a one on one compare..and after that there will be a 'on invite' meeting for around 6rigs max... Also with a he6 rig...and i will be there
biggrin.gif

So in couple of months i will know how my code-x will scale up...
wink.gif

Damn. . .

The only option now is to buy both.
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #194 of 344
Apr 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #195 of 344
I only once heard the he6 a while ago..so i cant give u a one on one difference...but if u go back to the first pages of this thread u will read that someone did compare it and found the code-x better..and a dear friend of mine who actually is the importer/dealer of hifiman here in the netherlands said same thing when he also heard it on his head in sweden on a meet... And based on those two people i ordered one...to pair with my new amp, which was designed and built purely to drive a he6 on its best..but i got a code-x instead and never looked back..but in a couple of months a benelux meet will take place and i will then be able to do a one on one compare..and after that there will be a 'on invite' meeting for around 6rigs max... Also with a he6 rig...and i will be there
biggrin.gif

So in couple of months i will know how my code-x will scale up...
wink.gif

Greed will be able to tell more about that 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back