REECHO In-ear Monitor - Insects Awaken /NEW SG-01/SG-03 Introduction & Discussion
Jan 22, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #16 of 44
Doubt I qualify but I'd love to review. I have the HiFiMan Sundara, Philips Fidelio x2hr, Audiotechnica ath-ad700x, Moondrop Blessing 2, JDS Labs Atom amp, Schiit Fulla 3 dac/amp, with the Penon Fan, Kinera bd005 pro and Paiaudio dr2 on the way. I'd love to give my opinion if asked.

You should write at penonaudio@hotmail.com
Isects awaken is amazing for its price, very balanced sound, i pair it with Ikko CTU-01 balanced (4.4) cable

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #17 of 44
You should write at penonaudio@hotmail.com. Insects awaken is amazing for its price, very balanced sound, i pair it with Ikko CTU-01 balanced (4.4) cable

I'll soon post a review but yes it's great, thanks for the tip I have a CTU-01 in 4.4 also I'll give it a go

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #18 of 44
So here is my Reecho Insects Awaken review : https://iem.reviews/2021/01/24/reecho-insects-awaken/

img_2564.jpg

The Insects Awaken really impressed me and remind me of no less than... Jomo Flamenco!

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #19 of 44
Congrats @davidmolliere for great review!!
I’m happy you liked Insects Awaken that has a great tuning and high SQ at this price

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #20 of 44
REECHO GS3.jpg

Reecho SG-03

All metal HiFi earphone with private mold wearing experience

Human ear measurement database intelligent synthetic cavity model

N50 high rigidity composite titanium plated diaphragm

High purity 4N oxygen-free copper braided wire

Hearing aid data technology application, through the analysis of human ear wearing data to achieve all-metal private model wearing experience

Cooperating with world-famous hearing aid companies, Reecho jointly opened the analysis of human ear measurement data. Using the concept of mild customization, Reecho established a unified standard model through the intelligent synthesis of tens of thousands of pairs of ear prints database, and designed the system-cavity to fit closely with the ear. In the protection of sound insulation effect at the same time, wear firm, comfortable and natural, ergonomic.

The aeronautical grade aluminum alloy cavity five-axis CNC fine carving grinding, the process is used in aerospace, military, scientific research, medical and other advanced technical fields

The aeronautic-grade aluminum alloy material is selected, and the five-axis CNC fine engraving machine takes 120 minutes of fine punching and wear-resisting, so that the earphone cavity reaches the complex shape of all-metal private mold.

Bright new "sound", listen to the extraordinary, the new research and development of flagship high rigid titanium plating diaphragm

A number of acoustic technology upgrades to create a special dynamic unit, high rigidity titanium plated diaphragm, N50 NdFeB magnets, thickened brass ring, etc. The frequency response range from 20Hz to 40kHz has a high resolution of the low frequency, soft vocal, balanced diversity.

Balanced acoustic technology, comfortable to listen to long time not tired

Based on the acoustic data of the loudspeaker, the front and rear sound cavity of the earphone housing is designed by the balanced acoustic technology, and then the sound field shape, the proportion of three frequencies and the size of the image are calibrated.

Japanese authoritative Hi-Res certification

Hi-Res Audio is a high quality Audio product design standard proposed and defined by Sony and developed by JAS (Japan Audio Association) and CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). The purpose of Hi-Res audio is to show the ultimate quality of music and the original sound reproduction, to get a true feeling of the original singer or performer in the live performance of the immediate atmosphere.

Imported high purity oxygen free copper upgrade line professional grade HIFI wire

It is made of 4 strands of 25 cores of high purity 4N oxygen-free copper, which ensures high resolution transmission of sound signals and no hiding of music details.

More impossible

2pin 0.78mm detachable technology design, provide more playability.

Specification

Product name: in-ear dynamic earphone

Model: SG-03

Drive unit: 10mm N50 high rigidity titanium plating composite diaphragm

Frequency response range: 20Hz~ 40kHz

Impedance: 16ohm

Sensitivity: 106dB (±2.5dB) /1mW at 1kHz

Distortion: THD <2% (at 1kHz/1mW)

Ear string length: 1.2m, ± 0.1m

Wire core material and weaving method: 4 strands of high purity oxygen free copper

Audio interface: 3.5mm gold-plated plug

https://penonaudio.com/reecho-sg-03.html

REECHO-SG3 iems.jpg
REECHOSG3iems.jpg

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Mar 20, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 44
REECHO GS3.jpg

Reecho SG-03

All metal HiFi earphone with private mold wearing experience

Human ear measurement database intelligent synthetic cavity model

N50 high rigidity composite titanium plated diaphragm

High purity 4N oxygen-free copper braided wire

Hearing aid data technology application, through the analysis of human ear wearing data to achieve all-metal private model wearing experience

Cooperating with world-famous hearing aid companies, Reecho jointly opened the analysis of human ear measurement data. Using the concept of mild customization, Reecho established a unified standard model through the intelligent synthesis of tens of thousands of pairs of ear prints database, and designed the system-cavity to fit closely with the ear. In the protection of sound insulation effect at the same time, wear firm, comfortable and natural, ergonomic.

The aeronautical grade aluminum alloy cavity five-axis CNC fine carving grinding, the process is used in aerospace, military, scientific research, medical and other advanced technical fields

The aeronautic-grade aluminum alloy material is selected, and the five-axis CNC fine engraving machine takes 120 minutes of fine punching and wear-resisting, so that the earphone cavity reaches the complex shape of all-metal private mold.

Bright new "sound", listen to the extraordinary, the new research and development of flagship high rigid titanium plating diaphragm

A number of acoustic technology upgrades to create a special dynamic unit, high rigidity titanium plated diaphragm, N50 NdFeB magnets, thickened brass ring, etc. The frequency response range from 20Hz to 40kHz has a high resolution of the low frequency, soft vocal, balanced diversity.

Balanced acoustic technology, comfortable to listen to long time not tired

Based on the acoustic data of the loudspeaker, the front and rear sound cavity of the earphone housing is designed by the balanced acoustic technology, and then the sound field shape, the proportion of three frequencies and the size of the image are calibrated.

Japanese authoritative Hi-Res certification

Hi-Res Audio is a high quality Audio product design standard proposed and defined by Sony and developed by JAS (Japan Audio Association) and CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). The purpose of Hi-Res audio is to show the ultimate quality of music and the original sound reproduction, to get a true feeling of the original singer or performer in the live performance of the immediate atmosphere.

Imported high purity oxygen free copper upgrade line professional grade HIFI wire

It is made of 4 strands of 25 cores of high purity 4N oxygen-free copper, which ensures high resolution transmission of sound signals and no hiding of music details.

More impossible

2pin 0.78mm detachable technology design, provide more playability.

Specification

Product name: in-ear dynamic earphone

Model: SG-03

Drive unit: 10mm N50 high rigidity titanium plating composite diaphragm

Frequency response range: 20Hz~ 40kHz

Impedance: 16ohm

Sensitivity: 106dB (±2.5dB) /1mW at 1kHz

Distortion: THD <2% (at 1kHz/1mW)

Ear string length: 1.2m, ± 0.1m

Wire core material and weaving method: 4 strands of high purity oxygen free copper

Audio interface: 3.5mm gold-plated plug

https://penonaudio.com/reecho-sg-03.html

REECHO-SG3 iems.jpgREECHOSG3iems.jpg
I gotta say, I love the looks of these IEMs! I hope it’s an amazing sounding single DD IEM.

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 44
The Reecho SG-03 has just arrived. Out of the box, their sound has a W-profile, with very deep bass, although the bass is not predominant. The first half of the mids is very clean, clear, slightly backward. The high mids equalise the sub-bass and the treble has the classic touch of control in this type of profile. Beyond the shape of their FR, the SG-03s stand out for their remarkable definition, with very close details, their great transparency, clarity and a very correct timbre. The performance is fast and the sound feels tight and compact. There is a good amount of air between the bass and treble, allowing the voices to have their space.
The design of the capsules is also worth mentioning: the outer side is made up of several planes and the inner side is pure ergonomics. The construction is excellent.

Reecho SG-03 03.jpgReecho SG-03 09.jpgReecho SG-03 12.jpgReecho SG-03 15.jpgReecho SG-03 19.jpgReecho SG-03 31.jpg

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #23 of 44
Got these today myself. I do believe Reecho has another winner here. I am very surprised these cost $69. These are very musical with a rich tone and has a lot going for them including some strong lower bass. With that being said these are clearly made for bass fans but it is the sound tuning and refinements that has me taking notice.

Due to the strong all metal build, isolation is among the best I have ever used in the IEM. It is easily blocking at least 26dbs of isolation if not more. These things look good and sound even better. Will have much more to say once I get to know them and have them burn in a bit.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #24 of 44
You will enjoy Insects also😉

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #25 of 44
Oh man. Bass authority on the SG-03 has to be heard. For bass fans I can't think of a better earphone in the price range. These things are one of those guilty pleasure type earphones. Bass rumble on these are addictive as it gets. I noticed it has a clean bass too and not overly blown but that sub bass rumble is all authority. These hit that low bass with the best of em and where it gets good is the rest of the sound is not too shabby either. It isnt a technical beast but for bass it is. Lol.

Everyone deserves a guilty pleasure once in a while. That is what I feel these SG-03 represents.

May 11, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #28 of 44
How is SG-03 on highs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back