Reduce hizzing/static noise with impedance adapter?
Oct 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nightfox3

New Head-Fier
I bought a new phone, the Xiaomi mi a1, and it has a built-in amp with 10V. I also have the Sennheiser IE80, with an impedance of 16 Ohm.
The problem is that whenever I use those two with each other, a very annoying hizzing/static noise is to hear. The same with other headphones with low impedance. I've already tried my Beyerdynamics dt990 pro 250 Ohm with the phone, and it sounds perfectly fine.
I already searched for this kind of problem, and stumbled upon this product from DUNU: https://tinyurl.com/y9qhkff9.
Would this impedance adapter solve my problem?
If not, what would you suggest to do?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't see why it wouldn't help! I've never used one so I don't know if it affects sound quality.

Oct 29, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't see why it wouldn't help! I've never used one so I don't know if it affects sound quality.
Thanks for your answer!
Ok, I did a bit more research, and I stumbled upon the Ifi IEMatch. Even though it costs 6 times as much, it seems like it actually works better than the 10$ ones from DUNU.
Already ordered it, and hopefully it works as expected.

Oct 29, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for your answer!
Ok, I did a bit more research, and I stumbled upon the Ifi IEMatch. Even though it costs 6 times as much, it seems like it actually works better than the 10$ ones from DUNU.
Already ordered it, and hopefully it works as expected.
Good choice! ifi is a great company and I'm sure their product are worthy of the price tag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back