1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Reduce hizzing/static noise with impedance adapter?

1. Nightfox3
    I bought a new phone, the Xiaomi mi a1, and it has a built-in amp with 10V. I also have the Sennheiser IE80, with an impedance of 16 Ohm.
    The problem is that whenever I use those two with each other, a very annoying hizzing/static noise is to hear. The same with other headphones with low impedance. I've already tried my Beyerdynamics dt990 pro 250 Ohm with the phone, and it sounds perfectly fine.
    I already searched for this kind of problem, and stumbled upon this product from DUNU: https://tinyurl.com/y9qhkff9.
    Would this impedance adapter solve my problem?
    If not, what would you suggest to do?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. cossix
    I don't see why it wouldn't help! I've never used one so I don't know if it affects sound quality.

3. Nightfox3
    Thanks for your answer!
    Ok, I did a bit more research, and I stumbled upon the Ifi IEMatch. Even though it costs 6 times as much, it seems like it actually works better than the 10$ ones from DUNU.
    Already ordered it, and hopefully it works as expected.

4. cossix
    Good choice! ifi is a great company and I'm sure their product are worthy of the price tag