Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Mar 23, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #406 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We don't recommend overpriced crap here, usually.

another bose hater
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #407 of 1,076
The best i reckon is the Orpheus..also the best in price range. haha

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #408 of 1,076
I'm listening to Les Violons du Roy and Bernard Labadie perform Vivaldi's Concerto for 2 violins in A minor from a Dorian CD ripped onto a Mac quad G5 (using the Apple Lossless codec) through a Mackie Onyx 400F to my new AKG K701's. So far they've got about 150 hours of burn-in on 'em and what is blowing my mine (besides the fabulous performance and sonics of this CD) is that, with more burn-in, these are supposed to get better!!! I have really enjoyed my Grado 325's (not the i's) and my Etymotic ER4's and Shure E4's, but these AKG's just have another gear and go places they can't. OK, enough. Bernard and the gang are going into the finale.

Wow...

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #409 of 1,076
Best on the market?
Well these should be mentioned... Stax Omega II, Stax SR-Omega, Sennheiser HE90, Sony MDR-R10, ...

Apr 7, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #410 of 1,076
hi all, m looking for some headphone for mainly portable(train, bike, walking) use with my Zen
below some i found that fit in my budget
wink.gif

any recommendations?(or more questions)

type:€€:
akg k6645(can get it for 29)
akg k5535
philips hp46025(didn’t find any good online shop for this one)
behringer hx200020(nice look)
sennheiser hd20125
stanton dj pro 2000 s69
samson ch70025
reloop rh350048
reloop rh3100 pro39
prodjuser spl127 mkii50
citronic hp30040
behringer hx400040
samson rh10020
samson rh30025
samson rh60030
sennheiser hd212 pro59

ty

Apr 8, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #411 of 1,076
Well I have E2cs with a dead wire and a deflowered warranty vibes that flab and PMX 100's I find borderline unlistenable now after tasting the sweet nectar of $100 headphones. If not now I want to move up from the $100 level what would be a solid recomendation for an upgrade that biulds upon the sound of the E2c (which I Kramer modded BTW) I think I could see myself going as far as... $300... nah $400!

Apr 9, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #414 of 1,076
Hello, guys...

From someone who's been an audiophile freak for almost 30 years, I can tell you that the best headphones ever are the Grado GS1000, without a doubt.

At this moment I'm a little short of time to bring technical aspects into this argument, but believe me, they're awesome.

Enjoy your music while it's still legal in this changing world of ours...

CAFDHEAD

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #416 of 1,076
Hey guys, i currently own a pair of Shure E2c's. I used to own a pair of Shure E3s, but after having them stolen, i didn't have the funds for another one so I settled with the E2c's.

The problem I have right now is that the canal phones are just way annoying and painful.

Thus, i'm beginning to look at circumaurals. However, my desires are limited by price, portability, and quality, which I know is tough to come by.

Price is reasonable around the 250$ range, and portability and ergonomics maybe compared to the size of a Bose qc2. With the qc2s, i can still feel comfortable going from class to class or from office to parking lot, or a walk in the park.

What are the most popular picks around those requirements?

Apr 17, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #417 of 1,076
Alright I got a budget of up to $180 I suppose...

I am looking for headphones for my girlfriend. She edits movies watches a lot of them (computers as source apple & PC), and listens to an insane amount of music. Variying from choral to irish punk rock.

They need to be closed because she won't always bee in a quiet environment and comfort is a must.

So what am I looking for here? I was looking at a few models of Audio-Technica art series and then the Beyer-Dynamic 250-80 looked cool. Or should I just settle on the HD 280 Pro from sennheiser? Whats really getting me here is movies. What is best out of the cans out there for that too. For music I don't think it matters to much because she is used to ipod earphones, and a pair of cheap sony MDR's. So anything I choose is going to sound fantastic compared to that.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #418 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunblade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright I got a budget of up to $180 I suppose...

I am looking for headphones for my girlfriend. She edits movies watches a lot of them (computers as source apple & PC), and listens to an insane amount of music. Variying from choral to irish punk rock.

They need to be closed because she won't always bee in a quiet environment and comfort is a must.

So what am I looking for here? I was looking at a few models of Audio-Technica art series and then the Beyer-Dynamic 250-80 looked cool. Or should I just settle on the HD 280 Pro from sennheiser? Whats really getting me here is movies. What is best out of the cans out there for that too. For music I don't think it matters to much because she is used to ipod earphones, and a pair of cheap sony MDR's. So anything I choose is going to sound fantastic compared to that.

You can probably score a new AudioTechnica A700 or used A900.

Apr 20, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #419 of 1,076
hi guys,
I need your professional advice on some nice headphones.
280smile.gif

My price limit is $150 tops but i would like it to be a little less.
i will 95% of the time use these headphones with my ipod and probably usually on the bus or in the car or something, also i dont like those in ear headphones i would prefer either open or closed ones. i mostly listen to rock, alt rock, indie, stoner, bands like radiohead, tool, kaiser chiefs, red hot chilipeppers, sublime, rage against the machine, porcupine tree
i also listen to some rap and electronica every once in a while.
so far i really liked the grado's sr80's and sr60's i dont know if the sr125's are worth the extra money. but anyway could you guys help me select a pretty nice set of cans, not too big and weird looking lol
and once again thank you very much for your advice

Apr 22, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #420 of 1,076
I'd recommend the SR60s, a very good starter headphone, I found that its better to start out slow instead of going for the grand slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back