Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Jun 24, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #466 of 1,076
Sennheiser HD-650 with Cardas Cable (at little more)
Sennheiser HD 600
Grado SR325's
AKG-701
Grado SR-225

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #467 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would the SR 60s work better because I don't plan on using an amp for a while, and I heard that they were easier to drive un-amped?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GwermaniumGenie
I need to find something to replace my Alessandro MS-1's. It must sound good unamped, be less colored, and cost less than $200. I want it to sound just as the recording studio intended it to sound.

What has all this to do with " Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)" ?
Just use the search function.There are already gazillions of threads regarding relatively cheap headphones "unamped".

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #468 of 1,076
Hi, I've got a HR's Total Bithead amp and now I need some headphones, I heard the HD650 is requiring too power for the amp but I want something that is as good as the HD650 but that will perfectly fit with my amp, thanks.

Jul 8, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #469 of 1,076
Hello, Im looking for some help. My Shure E2Cs cable recently snapped and Im looking for a new pair of headphones just to use for my Ipod and computer, but not for very crazy price (under 200). If u guys could recommend me a earbud type and "earmuff" type that would help since Im not sure which I'll be buying yet. thanks

Jul 8, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #470 of 1,076
2Erly. Welcome to Head-Fi.
biggrin.gif

Please don't hijack this thread. Which is a thread for the "Best headphones on the market", and not just a general headphone one... I suggest you start by searching the forum, cause you are the 1000+ person to ask this kind of question.

Jul 10, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #472 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has all this to do with " Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)" ?
Just use the search function.There are already gazillions of threads regarding relatively cheap headphones "unamped".

Could a mod please terminate this annoying thread.I'm feeling like Sisyphus while quoting myself again and again .......

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #474 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could a mod please terminate this annoying thread.I'm feeling like Sisyphus while quoting myself again and again .......

Or specify in the thread title, best high-end or expensive/cost-no-object headphones on the market.

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #475 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or specify in the thread title, best high-end or expensive/cost-no-object headphones on the market.

FYI, this thread is about the best middle class headphones for less than $500.The SR80s for instance aren't even the best Grados under 500.
O.K., let's discuss the best headphones for under $5 then.Without any doubt the vast majority of sold headphones worldwide do qualify for this category.

........cosmopragma hits the unsubscribe button .......

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #476 of 1,076
All I can say is that the first few listens on my Koss KSC-75 were amazing. It's a huge leap from my Sony MDR-E828LP Fontopia's and a much better first impression than what I got from my Creative EP-630's (which might need some burn in time?).

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #477 of 1,076
Although I respect everyone's passion and their love of certain products, this thread has gotten pretty far off track.

Where this all started was to solicit people's ideas, their impressions and thoughts about serious headphones. Head-Fi has areas dedicated to mobile and to general-purpose headphones - but this area is dedicated to the most serious products.

After such a long time and a tons of posts, is it even possible for this thread to get back to its roots?

k1000smile.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #478 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAKGGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After such a long time and a tons of posts, is it even possible for this thread to get back to its roots?

I think it can.

Let's recall that the OP (Duncan) originally asked:

"...basically we're going to try and get an FAQ going ~ to which end, we need your opinions (good and bad ~ but no flame wars) for any popular headphones that are available for less than $500 (standard MSRP... Discounted products aren't really applicable)

The replies need to be as short, and concise as possible,..."

So let's keep it to the point, and just those cans priced at $500. US retail or less.

Of the '$500. or less' models I've owned thus far, I like the AKG K701 best. This includes Senn HD600 & HD497, Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs, Koss Pro 4AAA, AKG K240M & K240DF, some cheap Sony earbuds & MDR-V6, Beyer DT-770.

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #480 of 1,076
hey, this is my first post, and i'm just getting into highend audio. Im looking to get either HD650's or AKG K701's with a new headroom micro amp. Im looking for something more comfortable then the grado's that i have now. Anybody have any suggestions on which direction i should go, or have any other headphone/amp sugestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back