Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #166 of 232
The clear cables look amazing... I really need to get some pictures up.

I've built my own cables before, and there's no way I could get the materials to replicate these for less than the price I paid (you'd have to buy in bulk to get close). Not to mention the workmanship, these are much better made than I'd be able to do on my own.

Gary

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #167 of 232
I stepped away from the idea of recabling for a while because I just can't live without the iphone remote/mic... is there still no one offering a cable that I can buy for my triple.fis that has a iphone remote/mic on it? Currently I'm still using my ridiculously hacked together cable to make it work.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #168 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Care to elaborate? sorry i dont want to spend time searching the forums im sure u have posted some differences about it :p

MetroBBOY, those while ones are hidddddious... although i think UE could make it better if they made the housing clear :p even the clear cable wont be a great match for the current one.

depends on the cable but I have found that the highs and lows improved but again depending on the cable will affect how it sounds. Any cable pretty much is better then the stock.

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #169 of 232
I have noticed that the Null Audio custom cable for the TF 10 Pros have improved the airness, while adding more power to the mids and tighting up the bass. But the main difference is that the TF 10 Pros don't have that usual flat sensation anymore. They sound even like full sized cans.

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #170 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by dadozen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have noticed that the Null Audio custom cable for the TF 10 Pros have improved the airness, while adding more power to the mids and tighting up the bass. But the main difference is that the TF 10 Pros don't have that usual flat sensation anymore. They sound even like full sized cans.

That is excellent news! @member1982, i have read the threads on Null, and he has obviously been listening to feedback here, because people complained about the microphonics, thickness of cable etc etc. I have to wait till January as he gets more stock. So hopefully we will get an improved Null cable by then.

Im willing to pay whatever IF it means proven SQ upgrades.. appears to be so. I just emailed him if i could mail my own supplied 3.5mm jack, as the ones on the pic look too chuny for my liking.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #171 of 232
wow sounds like fullsize cans thats interesting. Although 122AUD right now might be bit too much. Might consider recabling in the future, Since i already got a fullsize can anyway.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #172 of 232
Please, don't understand my psot literally. I didn't mean that simply replacing the cable turns your TF 10 Pro into a full sized can sound like. What I meant is that it makes your IEMs less flat, as they all are, adding a bit of full cans sensation. The custom cable improves the "airness", giving you the impression that there's actually more space for the sound to reveberate between your ears and the armature drivers.

That's only my opinion though. I dont want to be responsible if someone has extremely high expectations that might not be delivered.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #173 of 232
I thought you meant...I was hoping my TF10 doesnt grow to a full size can when i change the cable, otherwise i'd cry.. hehe dadozen, im just pulling your leg.. in one of those moods..
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #174 of 232
Comparing it to my Fullsize can, i think the TF10 are still pretty good with a wide soundstage, but obviously the sound still is straight into my ear, rather than fill my head. At least its a way better improvement over my ER6i.

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #175 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroBBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you meant...I was hoping my TF10 doesnt grow to a full size can when i change the cable, otherwise i'd cry.. hehe dadozen, im just pulling your leg.. in one of those moods..
smily_headphones1.gif

No problems
smily_headphones1.gif
But just let me make myself really clear
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #178 of 232
It sounds like the Null Audio cables are an upgrade from the stock TF10 cables, the older stiffer ones.

Now that TF10s have been manufactured recently using the newer stock cables that are more flexible and thicker, are these alternative cables considered to be proven upgrades?

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #179 of 232
i am thinking about buying null audio clear cables for my super fi 5 pro's. i read here that many people liked them very much and that it improves sound quality.

i am a bit new in the quality audio thing. but is the service from null audio good? if the have the clear again are they a good choice to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back