Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Apr 17, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #196 of 232
question:

i have had my Ultrasone proline 750s recabled in the past with a high quality cable and I didn't notice a difference.

would i notice a difference with the UE triple fi 10's or is it juust a placebo affect??? (i mean real noticeable differences ) not the small minute, i can barely hear this difference.

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #197 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
question:

i have had my Ultrasone proline 750s recabled in the past with a high quality cable and I didn't notice a difference.

would i notice a difference with the UE triple fi 10's or is it juust a placebo affect??? (i mean real noticeable differences ) not the small minute, i can barely hear this difference.

There is a very noticeable difference to me. It is not placebo effect. I was prepared to hear little or no difference but that is not what happened. Whether or not a person likes the change would be individual preference. The presentation is changed quite a bit. It feels like with the stock cable the triples are slightly tipped up at both ends of the spectrum and that the mids / vocals are slightly recessed. The Lune definitely brings the vocals forward and it feels like a very nice flat balanced sound. Bass is tighter and it seems like the lowest frequencies are less prominent than with stock cable. Maybe you would call that "boominess". It feels like I've moved up toward the stage several rows. The presentation is more intimate and more immediate.
Soundstage seems more coherent and wider.

I have never done any other recabling so I can't say whether other recablings on other phones have as much affect as the Lune on the triples. It feels like this cable takes the triple.fi's up another notch in terms of fidelity, at least on my rig. I have not tried it yet with the Pico only but I definitely will. The WA6 with Pico feeding it sounds fantastic though. It might be that the stock cable will be better for some recordings and the Lune for others so for someone who wants the flexibility of changing their triples around I would recommend the cable.

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #198 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a very noticeable difference to me. It is not placebo effect. I was prepared to hear little or no difference but that is not what happened. Whether or not a person likes the change would be individual preference. The presentation is changed quite a bit. It feels like with the stock cable the triples are slightly tipped up at both ends of the spectrum and that the mids / vocals are slightly recessed. The Lune definitely brings the vocals forward and it feels like a very nice flat balanced sound. Bass is tighter and it seems like the lowest frequencies are less prominent than with stock cable. Maybe you would call that "boominess". It feels like I've moved up toward the stage several rows. The presentation is more intimate and more immediate.
Soundstage seems more coherent and wider.

I have never done any other recabling so I can't say whether other recablings on other phones have as much affect as the Lune on the triples. It feels like this cable takes the triple.fi's up another notch in terms of fidelity, at least on my rig. I have not tried it yet with the Pico only but I definitely will. The WA6 with Pico feeding it sounds fantastic though. It might be that the stock cable will be better for some recordings and the Lune for others so for someone who wants the flexibility of changing their triples around I would recommend the cable.

Yeah I am looking to open up the mids because they are somewhat faint and vocals seem a little hazy.

the lune sounds like a good option, but pricey at $100 :/

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #199 of 232
Quote:

Yeah I am looking to open up the mids because they are somewhat faint and vocals seem a little hazy.

the lune sounds like a good option, but pricey at $100 :/

I think the cable has really takes the "euphonic" side of the triple.fi and made it more analytical, if that makes sense. When things are tighter you are able to hear more detail across the spectrum. There is definitely more emphasis on the mid-bass with Lune than with the stock. Organic is what I would call the sound. Drier / less wet than stock cable. I was fearing that the Lune would make the highs brash but I actually think that it has taken some passages on songs that sounded bright with the stock cable and tamed them a bit. It is a little hard for me to describe the difference in the highs. I would say they are airier and more delicate. I would love to hear other people's impressions on this cable.

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #200 of 232
Quote:

I think the cable has really takes the "euphonic" side of the triple.fi and made it more analytical, if that makes sense. When things are tighter you are able to hear more detail across the spectrum. There is definitely more emphasis on the mid-bass with Lune than with the stock. Organic is what I would call the sound. Drier / less wet than stock cable. I was fearing that the Lune would make the highs brash but I actually think that it has taken some passages on songs that sounded bright with the stock cable and tamed them a bit. It is a little hard for me to describe the difference in the highs. I would say they are airier and more delicate. I would love to hear other people's impressions on this cable.

The triple fi's are naturally not very fatiguing at all, but does the lune cable change this at all in your opinion?

-Elluzion

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #201 of 232
Quote:

The triple fi's are naturally not very fatiguing at all, but does the lune cable change this at all in your opinion?

Still the same, and probably more enjoyable most of the time, and not fatiguing at all.

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #202 of 232
i wonder how much improvement can the Crystal Piccolo Cable from NA which costs at $699 can bring to the sound.

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #203 of 232
most of the time i used the TF10 Lune on my iPod classic 80GB, and compared to stock, some recordings, the vocals are seems to me bit recessed and sort of in the background compared to the music. I did listen to the same songs alot prior to getting the cable, and didnt found it this recessed. Also the Lune cable does reveal alot more flaws/details in the recording than before.

EDIT: I think the cables needed burn-in too, and now no more recessed vocals, but more focused on that, its simply very good. hehe Now eyeing the Crystal Piccolo cable, although i havent found a single review on it...

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #204 of 232
I'm hearing the opposite with regard to vocals, finding them and the mids less recessed than with stock. Maybe it is just my ears.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #205 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still the same, and probably more enjoyable most of the time, and not fatiguing at all.

Agreed. I would say less fatiguing than stock, to my ears.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #206 of 232
Quote:

most of the time i used the TF10 Lune on my iPod classic 80GB, and compared to stock, some recordings, the vocals are seems to me bit recessed and sort of in the background compared to the music. I did listen to the same songs alot prior to getting the cable, and didnt found it this recessed. Also the Lune cable does reveal alot more flaws/detials in the recording than before.

Quote:

I'm hearing the opposite with regard to vocals, finding them and the mids less recessed than with stock. Maybe it is just my ears.

Funny how you guys have completely different opinions on it.. hmmmm interesting...

Quote:

Agreed. I would say less fatiguing than stock, to my ears.

well isn't it the mids that are fatiguing? and if they are brought out more from the re-cable then it would effect it some possibly? i'm just digging your brain haha sorry
wink.gif
o2smile.gif
beyersmile.png

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #208 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure how it works with TF10, but the Shure E500s have improved on transparency with silver wires treatment. As if there is a veil on the stock one if compared directly

I didn't hear a veil on the TF10s with stock cable but with the Lune there seems to be greater detail across the spectrum and not in a fatiguing way. I think I'm sensitive to brashness and I tend to like my bass. There seems to be a lift in the upper bass / lower mids area. I feel like piano / acoustic guitar / male vocals have all gotten better. Jazz is really great with this cable. But I'm also liking the cable with rock and other stuff I'm listening to. I definitely think that the Lune is worth a try in terms of varying the sound of the TF10s. It is certainly less expensive than buying another set of high end IEMs.

Apr 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #209 of 232
airstream66 if u can take a picture of the housing, the cable connectors seems slightly exposed right now, and i cant push it in further :p and i have the L&R facing inwards towards the tip... Trying to troubleshoot this recessed mids i am having :p

humm so the pico amp that ure using might be bringing the mids forward i suppose. i am running it unamped :p i havent tried it on any desktop soundcard/onboard yet, last time i tried it there was way way way too much veil on the stock cable, i didnt like it at all...

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #210 of 232
Quote:

airstream66 if u can take a picture of the housing, the cable connectors seems slightly exposed right now, and i cant push it in further :p and i have the L&R facing inwards towards the tip... Trying to troubleshoot this recessed mids i am having :p

humm so the pico amp that ure using might be bringing the mids forward i suppose. i am running it unamped :p i havent tried it on any desktop soundcard/onboard yet, last time i tried it there was way way way too much veil on the stock cable, i didnt like it at all...

Well the metal connectors on mine are all the way in (aka not exposed) but basically the stock cable has a bit of plastic that extends beyond the base of the connector so that it hides the connection. I was afraid the Lune cable's metal connectors would be too long and be exposed but that's not the way it is, at least with mine. As far as the mids go, I think they are being helped by the WA6 tube amp and the soundstage is being helped by the Sophia rectifier. I feel like I'm close to something great here at least for me, for now. I have not used Pico alone enough to have a full opinion but from what I have heard I prefer feeding it to WA6 rather than using Pico's amp. I have literally had some spine tingling on a few tracks.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back