Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Oct 24, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #106 of 232
I have all three cables. Hearyourself.com,Ultimates ears, and Westone. They are all the exact same plugs. The Hearyourself and the Westone both have the Red & Blue dots on the positive side if the plugs and the UE's have a tiny raised dimple on the positive side as well. They could be connected backward very easily so I made sure that I matched the dirrection of the plug when I pulled the originals and I also continuity tested each cable to be sure.

As for the SQ, I believe the cables are all manufactured by the same company
"Plastic1" so even though I feel there is a difference between the SQ of these three and that the UE's sound best, it may just be a palcebo effect. and not real. I just like the larger color selection of the UE's. A

Also the length of the cord from the Y to the plugs is slightly shorter with the Westones and UE's so it's a little tigher at the neck. and the Westone Ear loop is shorter then the HY's or UE's making them a little harder to put on

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #107 of 232
if the white null audio cable wasnt flexible why would the black one be?

also, ive gone back tot he stock triple cable. the ue custom is inferior-sounding no matter how i plug it in. it cheapens the sound, flattening it and making it somewhat tinny.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #109 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my Null-audio cable. Much improvement Especially in the mids and highs.

Hmmm, not exactly what I wanted to read. I want this cable to improve UE TF 10 Pro's soundstage and the mid-bass frequencies.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #110 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i shaved the pins of this ue custom cable down a tad and now these fit just great.

unfortunately they alter the sound signature of my triple's in a negative way.

they have made teh music sound more 'tinny' while adding some bass. the extra bass is ok on some tunes but the tinniness just sucks.

i dont want the null audio cable - i want a braided cable that is flexible and soft.

Try awann on ebay. I bought the one for $43 and it is a braided cable that is much more flexible and softer than the original. Btw, it improved the sound too.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #111 of 232
Quote:

if the white null audio cable wasnt flexible why would the black one be?

Hi,

The black cable used smaller gauge wires, outer sleeving is removed too. Therefore it is much more flexible than the clear version.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #112 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkwlb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

The black cable used smaller gauge wires, outer sleeving is removed too. Therefore it is much more flexible than the clear version.

cannot wait till mine comes
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #113 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkwlb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

ok cool. i think i will order one.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #114 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try awann on ebay. I bought the one for $43 and it is a braided cable that is much more flexible and softer than the original. Btw, it improved the sound too.

what did it do to the sound?

i kind of like the mids and highs the way they are now and would not like them to be more prominent. ti seems the null audio cable may do that.

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #115 of 232
can anyone with the null audio cable give more details on how it changes the sound. i keep hearing it improves the mids and highs, does that mean it makes them more dominant? what happens to the bass?

etc..

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #116 of 232
Quote:

can anyone with the null audio cable give more details on how it changes the sound. i keep hearing it improves the mids and highs, does that mean it makes them more dominant? what happens to the bass?

etc..

I think the bass is a little deeper and better focused, and the mids and highs are a little smoother and more open. I think the sound, in general, is more focused and open with the Null cable. It's a nice improvement.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #117 of 232
Kaiwen said when I ordered mine that the next batch would be shipped by the end of October. I didn't get confirmation yet. Has anyone gotten?

I'm really excited to get this cable. My 2Move has already reached some good burn-in time, and it is sounding amazing. Can't even imagine which kind of improvement this cable will give me.

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #118 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by lohrm1@excite.co /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the bass is a little deeper and better focused, and the mids and highs are a little smoother and more open. I think the sound, in general, is more focused and open with the Null cable. It's a nice improvement.

sounds good. now the darn price went to 69 bucks ouchie!

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #119 of 232
null audio has ceased taking orders
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #120 of 232
Quote:

null audio has ceased taking orders
frown.gif

great thing I got my order in a couple weeks ago and I just got a confirmation of shipping yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back