Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Nov 4, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #121 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what did it do to the sound?

i kind of like the mids and highs the way they are now and would not like them to be more prominent. ti seems the null audio cable may do that.

i went with one of his teflon ones. it is also silver based with a good quality plug.

i suspect it is similar sounding tot he null audio cable.

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #122 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try awann on ebay. I bought the one for $43 and it is a braided cable that is much more flexible and softer than the original. Btw, it improved the sound too.

i went with one of his teflon ones. it is also silver based with a good quality plug.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #123 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
great thing I got my order in a couple weeks ago and I just got a confirmation of shipping yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

I also got my shipping confirmation yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

Wanna bet who gets it first?
biggrin.gif

kidding
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #124 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awann shipped my cable in a matter of days from Hong Kong.

Im excited to have a teflon braided cable. woohoo! 52 clams!

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #126 of 232
so is their much improvement with the null audio cable? because i once had a recable on some large can headphones and their was very minimal to no improvement...

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #128 of 232
I just got my clear cable for my UE triple.fi 10's from Kaiwen at Null Audio yesterday and I'm really impressed by it. The looks and build quality are both fantastic, and the sound is much punchier and more coherent. I have to believe it's in large part because the cable is picking up less noise because of the braided connectors. They don't have the short, rigid, metal wire next to the end of the cable, and for me at least that makes them a lot more comfortable on my ears (L/R reverse mod). Finally, I was afraid they wouldn't fit in the small UE leather pouch that I use to hold my IEM's but they ended up going in just fine. Better than with the stock cable in fact, also because they lack the rigid wire. Needless to say I'm beyond happy with it... and I'll try to get some pictures up in the next day or so.

Gary

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #129 of 232
i just received my blue teflon cable from awann on ebay and so far so good. build quality feels top-notch. the blue goes great with the triple.fi's color.

things just sound a bit smoother and tighter with a touch more clarity in very busy passages (like Hermeto's dream by MMW). nothing like a night and day difference but definitey noticeable and satisfying.

the teflon braid is much better than the stock triple cable, however it is not as flexible as the UE custom cable which falls like thread.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #130 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryAR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my clear cable for my UE triple.fi 10's from Kaiwen at Null Audio yesterday and I'm really impressed by it. The looks and build quality are both fantastic, and the sound is much punchier and more coherent. I have to believe it's in large part because the cable is picking up less noise because of the braided connectors. They don't have the short, rigid, metal wire next to the end of the cable, and for me at least that makes them a lot more comfortable on my ears (L/R reverse mod). Finally, I was afraid they wouldn't fit in the small UE leather pouch that I use to hold my IEM's but they ended up going in just fine. Better than with the stock cable in fact, also because they lack the rigid wire. Needless to say I'm beyond happy with it... and I'll try to get some pictures up in the next day or so.

Gary

I am loving mine too, since the day I receive it the stock cable and es2 cable have been lying in my drawer piling up dust... I love the prominent mid range it revived on my triple.fi and the impact on bass too. I am so sucked into the UE sound sig and even considering getting their custom line product to pair up with the Null Audio Enyo cable. I have asked Kaiwen about the compatibility and he said a specific model for UE customs are coming out soon! Well, I am trilled. Will be saving up for the 11 as well as another Enyo!

Btw, I saw another batch of Enyo is released for grab from null audio webby, limited in quantity though... good luck you guys!
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #131 of 232
Quote:

how much?
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn, just lost our bet. I haven't gotten mine yet. Wondering how much longer will it take. Will my SR-71A which was shipped today via FedEx arrive first?
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, hockeyb213, I guess we'll have pretty similar portable rigs eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #132 of 232
dude our rigs are basically the same except for lod's of which I am in the process of making a very special one if all goes well it will have piccolino cable but we both have lossless>160 classic > sr-71a> tf10's gosh
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #133 of 232
im glad i didnt give null audio my money. they keep raising the price. now its up to 72 for a right angle with memory wire.

screw them. the price has gone up over 20 bucks the more they have sold.

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #135 of 232
Quote:

sucks for you but they do make good cable for sure.

im good, i got a similar cable for 50 bucks with blue teflon covered braiding
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back