Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Oct 14, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 232
I had a similar problem with mine. The pins were too long. Didn't like the look of the pins showing like they did, plus the cable was so stiff. I emailed nullaudio and he replied in minutes. Told me he'd cut the pins to proper length and strip the outer plastic off the cable (said it was a common complaint). Liked the sound very well, tighter bass better mids etc. Pins fit tighter than stock cable but not problem tight. Also very tuff for the flip flop mod due to the harder memory wire around the ear. I mailed it back last week wednesday. Keep you posted.

Oct 14, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #62 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioJUNK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it fits slightly tighter than the stock cable, as it does not have the groove like on the stock cable to grab the edge on the TFs. A tighter fit helps to prevent the IEM dropping out IMO...
as long as it is not as bulky as the ES2 cable pins, I'd settle in peace..
beyersmile.png

@gpkoo, I assume you didn't have a chance to listen to it, did you?

Didn't get much of a chance to listen to it. Plugged it into my Green Solo rig to check it was all working and then decided to make sure everything was plugged in right. Maybe I should have left things alone, but it really was an incredibly tight fit and it wasn't sitting flush either. Is it the cable or is it my Triple Fis, I don't know. I just know that I'm back to the post office today!

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #65 of 232
i just got my UE custom cables. i love their feel - just like my braided westone UM1 cables were.

Problem is, while the pins look the same spacing and size as my triple cables, they are not sliding in and i dont want to push too hard.

suggestions?

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #66 of 232
ahhh the pins on the custom cable are a little thicker.

What!1

Oct 15, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #67 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bull...and...
wink.gif

The first replacement cable I bought for the FreQ was accidently the Triple/Super Fi cable (I wanted the UE custom cable). It fit the FreQ perfectly, as did the Westone cable and the UE custom cable. The custom cable is leagues ahead of the Triple/Super cable. The spacing is the same. The only difference is that I had to shave the plug (not the pins) slightly with a box cutter. 5 minutes, no hassle and it's ready to go. Perhaps UE doesn't want people to know the custom "magic" is in the cable itself?

I have swapped the UE custom cable, Triple cable (after small shave) and Westone cable between my UE11 and FreQShow, and all fit both perfectly.

idiotekniQues, the UE custom is about as flexible as the Westone cable, not at all like the stiff Triple cable.

I was also thinking about ordering the UE custom and doing the mod suggested. Can any one confirm if this will work?

Oct 15, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #68 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was also thinking about ordering the UE custom and doing the mod suggested. Can any one confirm if this will work?

i can confirm i have the UE custom cable i just received here in front of me with my triples and the plugs are a tad bigger than the stock cable.

it takes solid pressure to move them on a bit, I am wary of trying to push them on the way.

Oct 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #69 of 232
I am sorry you had that happen and I was just about to pull the trigger too. You should start a new thread on this issue to see if others have any additional info that may help you out.

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #70 of 232
As I stated a few lines ago..I sent my nullaudio cable back for some tweaks. I got another email from them within a week of mailing them back, saying they recieved them and would have them back on the way by this weekend. He even asked if I would like the cable pre formed for the flip flop mod. Very nice guy and the turnaround time (9-10 days) was far better than I expected. I wish it could have been perfect from the start but I have every confidence it will be great after the pins are trimmed a bit and the outer wire stripped.

Oct 17, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #71 of 232
AudioJunk, the pics are great cheers. Shows the fit much better than on the site.

I think im going to wait until APS shows off their offering and then look at options. Going to be a tough choice me thinks.

Oct 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #72 of 232
I got my null audio cable, and I love it.

Improves the sound a lot and the stiffness is no problem as I sleeved off the one layer of the "memory wires" that initially had 3 layers on them. All that was needed was a pair of scissors and my finger nails... took me like 3 minutes total.

After that, I would have to say that the comfort of the cables around my ears beats the stock cable. It is almost as comfortable as the Westone cables I used to have (for the Livewires.)

My only complaint is that the cable is a bit stiff, so I can't roll it around my MP3 player and put it in my pocket as I used to... I have to put it in a case or my backpack instead.

There is a huge sound improvement (imo of course) from the stock cable to the null cable w/ Mini^3 low gain high performance. So huge that the extra 120 bucks I spent on the cable / amp outweighs the 275 I spent on the headphones itself
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #73 of 232
Hey guys, I'm a bit interested on these NullAudio cables for my TF, but I want to know something: can I order a cable and change it by myself? Is it easy to do? I didn't know that, but I have checked and my TF stock cables are removable. So I guess I just have to order one right?

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #75 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's very easy to replace the cable on the TF10. Just hold and pull the connector straight out.

Thanks! I've already pulled the stock cable out to check it, I just hope I get lucky and buy a perfect cable when I order one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back