Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Oct 9, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #46 of 232
Yeah, I broke a few IEMs already. But hey, I am sure this is useful info. For other members who decide to get ES cables they can also get some idea. shortening the pins really don't do much. As for the superfi pro they felt tight at first but eventually loosen up. That is when the cable keep detaching from my IEM. Thread crapping is a new term huh? yeah, sorry for the poopiness.

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #47 of 232
ES is a mod that would never lead to a loose cable given the difference in pin distance - at least with the Triple-Fi's, I can say from experience. It's a tight fit.

Let's see: you have tried both shortened and unshortened pins, tried glue, broke several IEMs. That's very extensive experience! You're spreading the word, apparently in another thread that was appropriately ignored, and now here in the clever form of a question. Perhaps you are a friend of the alternative cable maker? I don't know.

Yep, thread crapping. You have lots to work with.

Oct 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #48 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ES is a mod that would never lead to a loose cable given the difference in pin distance - at least with the Triple-Fi's, I can say from experience. It's a tight fit.

Let's see: you have tried both shortened and unshortened pins, tried glue, broke several IEMs. That's very extensive experience! You're spreading the word, apparently in another thread that was appropriately ignored, and now here in the clever form of a question. Perhaps you are a friend of the alternative cable maker? I don't know.

Yep, thread crapping. You have lots to work with.

Haha! I wish! Unfortunately, I am really having problem with my superfi. I like the ES cable because it brings out more mids, but the problem is that it keeps falling off whenever I place it in my pocket. YES, my experience in this has been quite long, it all started about a year ago, and it kept happening... OH well,.. crap!

Oct 13, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #49 of 232
Still waiting...hope they come soon!

Oct 13, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #50 of 232
Ordered just now also.

Hoping to get it sooner than > 2 weeks. :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #51 of 232
They've arrived. Had a lot of difficulty getting the pins to fit flush and put them in the wrong way around. Very frustrating and really worried that I'll break them now that I'll have to put them the other way around. The pins look longer than standard as well. I'll keep you up to date with how they're going

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #52 of 232
One side went in OK. But the other side was incredibly stiff and got jammed, and in trying to make it sit properly one of the pins pulled out of the cable. Really annoyed! Will send it back and see what happens. Can't believe this has happened to me.

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #54 of 232
I'd assume that the pins would be the same diameter. But while the original cable pins went in easily, these new ones didn't, so I guess there must be a slight difference in diameter and length. Been in touch with Null Audio and they're going to try to fix them but there goes another 3-4 weeks!

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #55 of 232
Sad for you, I am enjoying mine
wink.gif
. I didn't find it too difficult when I tried to plug them into my TFs even for the first time. Guess I am lucky?
popcorn.gif

you mentioned one side went in right? I guess they might have used wrong pins on the other side??
confused.gif

anyway, good luck with your rma process!

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #56 of 232
Audio Junk, do the connectors of this custom cable sit flush with the body of the TF10s? One of the photos on the Null site shows a gap between cable connector and IEM that looks quite large and unsightly.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #57 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Junk, do the connectors of this custom cable sit flush with the body of the TF10s? One of the photos on the Null site shows a gap between cable connector and IEM that looks quite large and unsightly.

It's not obvious on mine... I can't see the pin unless I pull the IEM a bit. I will post a picture when I get a camera tmr.

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #58 of 232
To be fair to Null Audio, the pins looked pretty similar on each side. They're bigger than the UE pins and a minor variation in production could have tipped them over the edge with regards to fit on one side. In my very limited experience, the cable's not flush like the UE cables but the pins aren't exposed either.

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #59 of 232
Sort of on the same topic, Craig from Whiplash audio is making me a cryo silver cable for my SF5pros, and they should work with the TF10 since it has the same cable as the SF5pro (I plan on getting TF10 with custom ear-pieces at the end of this year).

Will post impressions when I get the cable. Its the first one he's making, so I can't wait to test it out!

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #60 of 232
Yeah, it fits slightly tighter than the stock cable, as it does not have the groove like on the stock cable to grab the edge on the TFs. A tighter fit helps to prevent the IEM dropping out IMO...
as long as it is not as bulky as the ES2 cable pins, I'd settle in peace..
beyersmile.png

@gpkoo, I assume you didn't have a chance to listen to it, did you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back