READ THIS and get a superb headphone for $16.99
Dec 5, 2002 at 7:35 AM Post #286 of 366
frown.gif
frown.gif
mekanoplastik is very sad........and very very mucho upset
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

guys...we HAVE to do something...seriously..this is not funny...we have to report this to someone or do something...i know it is only 28$...but those were MY 28$ (i dont know you, but i get no free money )...etronics has to pay for this...

im veeery upset
mad.gif
mad.gif

even if my order turn to be a good one (..yeah right..
rolleyes.gif
after seen those pictures.) i would like to take part in a group letter or some king of oficial consumer report...or maybe putting up a web called riptronics and explaining the whole situation so consumers can be warned...

revenge!!.... *mekanoplastik waves his fist in the air and his forehead vein pumping hard can be seen miles away..*
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #288 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by Steve999
Seriously, are we going to take this lying down?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey, is this the longest thread in head-fi history?
tongue.gif

This thread is only top 10, I think, for number of posts, but it has a chance to be #1 in views!
rolleyes.gif

Dec 5, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #290 of 366
Hello,

I was (un)fortunate enough to get 3 pair of the phones.
They were in pretty bad shape.

You can see some pictures at this link:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/present...tion_id=179020

So I emailed Etronics, and got this reply:
Thank you for your e-mail correspondence. We apologize for the poor condition in which you received your merchandise. What we will do is issue a "damage call tag" with UPS. Please pack the merchandise back up into the manufacturer's box, and replace it in the shipping box, exactly the way you received it. A UPS driver will be sent to your location to pick up the damaged package in 24-48 hours.

Once the damaged merchandise has been returned, we can either send you a replacement or refund your card, whichever you choose- just contact us to let us know.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Etronics.com
Customer Service

Hope it all works out.
While the product was terrible, the shipping was prompt, and hopefully they'll refund my money without much difficulty.

-Tim

Dec 6, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #291 of 366
As I mentioned in the other etronics thread, be sure to provide feedback in the Buyer/Seller Feedback forum. There is a thread there for etronics ("VENDOR: etronics.com").

Dec 6, 2002 at 6:54 AM Post #293 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
I will do a mini review later, but I can tell you the d990s walk over, jump up and down on, and spit in the beyer dt 770 pros face.

I be dissin' before I be listenin'...but...ahh.....AHHH........AAHHHHH..... ..... <snaps head back as if sneezing> ********!
eek.gif

Dec 6, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #294 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by punosion
I be dissin' before I be listenin'...but...ahh.....AHHH........AAHHHHH..... ..... <snaps head back as if sneezing> ********!
eek.gif

Is that a personal assessment of the JVC HA 990's?

Dec 6, 2002 at 7:50 AM Post #295 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg
Is that a personal assessment of the JVC HA 990's?

Haven't heard the JVC's but I owned the Beyer's for a year. I just don't think it could possibly be true. No way.

Dec 6, 2002 at 1:06 PM Post #296 of 366
As always there is personal preferance. No one can definatively say what is best or better in every case. I had the two headphones in direct comprarison using the same sources, cables and amp. It was no contest given my preferances (which I stated)that the jvc ha-d990 is preferable to the dt770 pro to me. In fact, I compared them on two identical setups, and I simply like the JVC much better. My order from Etronics was fine except for the earpads center. I am going to get some earpads for them and they will be like new. Once I do I am going to offer a pair to someone to do a review. I am curious what others would think; and its a shame that so far no one has heard them but me.

Dec 6, 2002 at 2:11 PM Post #297 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
As I mentioned in the other etronics thread, be sure to provide feedback in the Buyer/Seller Feedback forum. There is a thread there for etronics ("VENDOR: etronics.com").

Just to make it easy, here's a link to the etronics buyer/seller forum thread:

etronics buyer/seller thread

Dec 6, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #298 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
I am going to get some earpads for them and they will be like new.

Hi sacd lover,

If you can simply replace the pads, then not all is lost. How much will pads the cost? From JVC?

Dec 6, 2002 at 9:49 PM Post #299 of 366
Puppy,
If you can afford to replace an earpad, it will cost you around 30 dollars shipped. Check JVC website and search for the headphones.

Purk

Dec 6, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #300 of 366
I called jvc and they tried to say the headphones arent under warranty. I corrected them as the warranty card states one year from the date of purchase. I am basically at the second stage of appeal and they are supposed to call me tomorrow(we will see since tomorrow is Saturday) and discuss this. The pads are part number j43633-001t and cost $13.24 each/$26.48 per pair, plus shipping. Personally I still know of nothing better for the price, even including new earpads. But 10 pair would be costly. I got several to use as Christmas presents and I had already mailed four pair before I discovered the earpads were bad. Again, mine are perfect except fotr the pads so I am keeping most if not all of mine. THE PAIR I LISTENED TO SOUND FINE. I will keep you informed. I hope jvc will honor their warranty, BUT I AM NOT COUNTING ON IT.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back