READ THIS and get a superb headphone for $16.99
Dec 4, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #256 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg
akar:

http://www.accessoryave.com/jvchadhead.html

And shipping was about $9.00.

I went to order a pair at this merchant, and I got this message after submitting my CC info:

"This store has been cancelled and no longer accepts orders. No further information is available"

confused.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 4:12 AM Post #257 of 366
SOOOOOOOOO.............

I just went ahead and ordered a pair from dealznet. Ten bux more than I WOULD have paid had etronics honored my order.............
mad.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 4:13 AM Post #258 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
One lasting impression I have with the gilmore so far, that I dont think will change, is the speed and slam. I am not talking elevated bass or bass richness, I mean punch. Imagine a Mike Tyson body shot in his prime. It hurts so good.
tongue.gif

Thats exactally what I'm looking for out of my rs-1's, sweet. I hope my gilmore gets here sooner rather then later.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:16 AM Post #259 of 366
will no one order me a pair and ship em to the UK? :0(...... woe is me..... alas poor yorric...doh!
plz pm me if anyone can help out :0)
thnx again/.... Chiv

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:40 AM Post #260 of 366
Here is the shipping quote I got from Dealznet.com for the JVC HA-D990:

UPS Ground $55.43
UPS 3 Day Select $82.93
UPS 2nd Day Air $101.93
UPS Next Day Air $111.93

Dec 4, 2002 at 2:01 PM Post #261 of 366
I thought I read sacd lover saying that he got a cancellation email too?
confused.gif

Dang, I take this site off my sights for a day or two and this comes up... I'm really behind the times
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 4, 2002 at 4:32 PM Post #262 of 366
Like 5 posts before yours sacd lover posts that he has recieved his pair...

Biggie.

Dec 4, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #263 of 366
Guys,
I got mine today, but the package looks like 10 years of age. I don't know where Etronic got these JVC from or how they store their mechandise, but...I'm pretty sure why they sell them so cheap (package condition). The condition of the package is horrible. I haven't take a listen yet, but I hope the JVC works fine. Bad...and bad impression by Etronics.

Purk

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #264 of 366
Now I'm glad that they cancelled my order!!! The packaging doesn't matter too much, but if the headphones inside are also getting a little dried out.....

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #265 of 366
I have created a new thread on the JVC. The headphones are in such a bad shape that I don't even WANT to touch them, let alone wearing them.

The package and headphones has fungus, discoloring of the earcups, rust on metallic part, and disintegrating headbands, earpads and foam.

HORIBLE...I WISH I CAN SUE THEM RIGHT AT THIS MINUTE!!!!!!!

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:39 PM Post #266 of 366
Sorry to hear that they did this to people like you purk!! What a bummer they didn't exactly let anyone know that they were in this condition from the get go!! Would have made the order frenzy quite a bit more tame in comparison. Thank God they cancelled my order!!!!

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:42 PM Post #267 of 366
Funny, sacd lover made no mention of any problems with the packaging and/or the phones themselves being funky. I guess he must have been luckier. Story sounds similar to the Beyer 770's that were being sold cheaply. Oh well, I'll keep my finger crossed and hope I get lucky, too.

Has anybody else received their JVC phones? Condition?

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #268 of 366
You should return them and demand a refund.

Unless they sound like heaven of course. Then you should do your best to fix them up.
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #269 of 366
I read purks post and I WENT AND LOOKED AT ALL MINE. Most are fine, but two were pretty beat up carton wise, but ok inside. The earpads are deteriorated on three. I am trying to contact jvc right now to see if they will do anything about this.
mad.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #270 of 366
Now we see why they sold for so cheap!! Why don't all of you go to the various web sites and put in a complaint and negative feedback on the company who sold you these cans?? That way in the future those who read those reviews can see what info to ask the sales guy and make sure that they avoid like the plague!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back