RE0's - am I missing something?
Nov 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #91 of 101
Quote:
We agree to disagree, lol.  Everything is relative in the world of audio.

Then why disagree if everything is relative? What value does one's opinion have? And I think I know the answer: expressing opinion is just one of many tools that humans use to gain domination. By arguing, we elevate our status in society and thereby increase our opportunities and ultimately our chances of survival. And there's is really no such thing as wrong or right, good or bad. So if you disagree with someone, that doesn't mean that that person is wrong, or that you are right - it's just that both of you just try to increase your chances of survival by trying to dominate.

So what does this all mean in the context of this thread? It means that the thread was originally a tool for the OP to try and increase his reputation/gain domination. And then it also became a tool for others to try to do the same, by expressing more opinions. In simple terms, this can be described as showing off. All of us here are just showing off.
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #93 of 101
Nov 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #95 of 101

Quote:
Ok guys, so which IEMs you think sound much better than RE0 and are a better value? I personally haven't found one yet. In fact, all of the high end universals I've tried - UM3X, W3, e-Q7, SE530/535, GR8, Triple.fi, RE252, SM3, - none sound much better, if better at all than the RE0 IMO. And all of the mid-fi universals are either on par with RE0 in most aspect, or worse and yet cost 2+ times as much.

i could see someone arguing a case for the Brainwavz M3.  i wouldnt but i could see why someone would.

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #96 of 101
Nov 30, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #97 of 101
I could see a case for the M3 also(but that would only be as good a value). The DBA-02 is, IMO, worth every bit of double the price of the RE0. For, the value argument, you do have to remember that they used to charge $169 for them.

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #98 of 101

Quote:
I could see a case for the M3 also(but that would only be as good a value). The DBA-02 is, IMO, worth every bit of double the price of the RE0.

Agreed.  

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #99 of 101

Quote:
Quote:
Even with a 2/3 cut you still have more than me :p

So says the guy w/ 2 customs.  
tongue.gif
  Or soon to be 2.

Still less than your total amount :) Although you cheated by editing your signature just now..

I secretly think that Pianist got a special edition of the RE0 where his is vastly superior to everyone else's or his hearing is very different than mine.

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #100 of 101

Quote:
Although you cheated by editing your signature just now..  

How dare you invoke your moral sensibilities on me.  
tongue.gif
  Plus, there's a difference between 'cheating' and 'adapting'.  
wink_face.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #101 of 101
Hello, I'm a newbie here, but I thought I'd weigh in on the RE0 earphones.

I agree with the OP: the RE0s really do seem to be missing frequencies in the lower end. It could just be that I've been brought up on a diet of bass-heavy headphones for most of my life, and that I'm not used to true hi-fi sounds. But, after giving my ears a month to get used to the 'phones, I still think that they lack low bass frequency. I'll admit that I don't have an amp to try these with, but today I got sick of their sound and decided to use foobar2000's equalizer to pump up the lower frequencies. The difference was amazing! I could hear notes in songs that I'd been unable to hear for over a month!

I listen to a fairly wide variety of music (rock, punk, hip-hop, all kinds of electronic), and there are some songs that do sound weird with a bass EQ, but most sound very much improved.

Another note: I've been hearing a slight high-pitched ringing in my ears lately - maybe tinnitus? I think that lately I might've been turning up the volume in my 'phones to unreasonable levels just to hear the bass. Hopefully it'll go away after a few days of reduced highs. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back