Re0 vs Mee M6 Please help
Jul 14, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #16 of 29

Quote:
Weak bass?  I find it rather V shaped in treble and bass.  You sure you had a good seal?  As for artificial sound, well they aren't the best IEM's for sound I have in my collection.  But my $27 Clip+ Eq does wonders for my $17 M6s.  No complaints here.

$17?? Where did you get such a good deal?

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #17 of 29
Ok thanks guys I've read through everyones responses and after looking at my other options still are set on either re0's or M6's.Ive decided to sum up everyones responses In + - way incase anyone else deciding between these two can read the information easily.

M6's ($50 - $55USD+shipping)
+Can sleep on side with them comfortably
+Build Quality alot better
+Price is Cheaper
+Built for Active use(if i decide to go running)
+Minor bonus look better

Main Negatives In comparison
SQ
-Overall doesnt compare to Re0's
- Recessed mids
-Bright highs,also noted aggresive
-Benefits from EQ which i dont have on my ipod touch
- Unable to be dropped in Lava(thanks Happy Fi)
-Possibly need additional ear pieces for fit but +Gains isolation in the process(sony hybrids?)
-Possibly overpirced now price has been increased?

Re0's (79 usd + shipping)
Advatanges
+SQ SQ SQ
+Pretty much the exact sound image im Loking for
+SQ in this price range is unmatched
+Better detail
+Clearer Highs
+Micro Detail
+Accurate Bass

Disadvantages
-Microphonics
-Alot more fragile(big issue while travelling especially if I ruin them)
-More expenisve
-Possible need for amp depending if sound is adequate
-lacks bass(im not a basshead(dislike R & B/Rap) but like detailed accurate bass)

Well now I guess to me they are similar in regards to what I want, Sound quality wise Re0's all the way, Lifestyle and a few other reasons M6's all the way. When I started looking at a new IEM SQ was my main and only concern, now thats changed.Still a hard choice and it boils down to the next issue Im obsessed with now I'm travelling.... value for money. The M6 at $22? sounds incredible...perfect, Id buy them in a second...but where could I get that type of deal?Im in mongolia now beijing and hong the next two weeks before London ...what are my buying options?

At $55 + shipping are the M6's now overpriced? or just a normal buy. Re0's for $25 more seem so close and years away SQ wise, If I could only pick up a pair of m6's at a sale price I would be sold easily. I have time to wait mabye someone would like to sell me a spare set of m6's the bought at sale price :)? If not I slighlty lean towards the Re0's, i have about a month max before I need to make a decision although id like to make one soon :),Cheers all look forward to hearing replies

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #18 of 29

Quote:
$17?? Where did you get such a good deal?

Woot had a deal last month.  I regret not getting 2.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 29
IMO the M6 are overpriced if the SQ has not changed since they originally came out while the RE0 are underpriced imo. They came out at around $30 I believe. Sure their cable has gotten better and accessories may have changed a bit but I don't think it justifies almost a double in price.

The thing you should really look is which sound signature you would enjoy since both are very different. The RE0 may be a great value but if you do not like their signature it wouldn't matter regardless of cost.

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #20 of 29
Don't buy the M6 for $50 from the website. The newest M6 (with the steel memory wire) is available for $35 and is stocked by all the major retailers now, eg. amazon, newegg, overstock, etc. Shipping should also be free.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #21 of 29

Quote:
Don't buy the M6 for $50 from the website. The newest M6 (with the steel memory wire) is available for $35 and is stocked by all the major retailers now, eg. amazon, newegg, overstock, etc. Shipping should also be free.

Lol, the clear are $5 more expensive.  I guess we know which color sounds better!!  
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #23 of 29
Well I was set, $35 on Overstock + free deliverey for first customers M6 all the way!.......fine print not available on int orders...fair enough $35 + shipping they are just headphones after all mabye +$10 or a little bit more depending,Click Check Out in Pounds shipping to UK........Converting it into Usd Shippings a big $24............okay then that pushes the price back to $55 but its okay just....because its like free shipping I guess atleast its a small discount. Then Overstock changes the price for what reason I have no idea to $47.91on the M6's Just for the Headphones.

Total $72.
frown.gif

Now what do I do? Amazon and newegg dont offer Int Shipp,I can get a pair of Re0's for 60GBP in England(No shipping) Roughly $91 USD , $20 difference. Sigh I hate you americans in an envious way sometimes.Any other options?Someone in America could order them for me and send?Other websites?

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 29
Be patient. You will be able to find the M6's for about $30. Keep checking buy.com, amazon and go to MEElectronics website and sign up for the emails. They often have sales and will email you discount codes. Sometimes 40-50% off.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #25 of 29
Well if you are in England, strongly consider the Radiopaq's.  The shipping is a deal breaker to the US.  The price for the Radiopaq Jazz was incredibly low when I checked amazon.uk few weeks ago.  Build quality of the Radiopaq Classical does seems a bit fragile (not certain about the Jazz) 

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #26 of 29
You're gonna get different answers from people who like the respective sound sigs of one or the other. =( Sorry I know how frustrating it is making a decision like this when you don't quite know what to expect. 

My solution: flip a coin and don't look back.

Or start considering other options, like the Fischer Eterna/Silver Bullet.

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #27 of 29
I think the RE0's sound is better all round including the bass but the M6 has more of it and a more likable sound signature to most.  The RE0 has more isolation but cannot take much physical abuse.  I went through two pairs before my RE0 got relegated to desk use and I got an M6 for my commute but I had the 1st revision RE0 with the nylon cable and the straight jack and the new one is supposedly much better.  The RE0 doesn't need power and performs well for it's price even out of my iPhone but an amp will take up a few notches. The M6 seems a lot more durable with a very good cable but I can't speak about its long term durability as mine took an unintended trip to the washing machine.

Quote:
Fun to listen to, I love detail in my music and seperation with accurate mid bass kick

Fun = M6, the RE0 gets livelier with an amp but still loses
Detail and separation = RE0
Accurate mid bass = RE0
Mid bass kick = M6

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #28 of 29
I personally like the Fisher Audio products better than the MeEl.  I have the FA Silver Bullets (wider soundstage & warmer sound) IMO they sound a lot better than the M6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back