RE0 rivals ER-4S, beats E500 and ER-4P
Jan 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #16 of 112
To me the bass is not better enough with bi-flanges to justify the convenience drawbacks comparing to single flanges. I noticed that dynamic earphones with wide inner tube don't benefit from better seal in terms of bass weight. The tips affect the bass quality rather than quantity. Stiffer tips produce tighter, faster and deeper bass. UE single-flanges are stiff enough to produce the excellent bass and are convenient.

I just thought - may bi-flanges produce deeper bass? I'll check soon.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #18 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops! Bi-flanges make my wishes come true. Bass get the last tiny bit of depth I missed for.

Seriously? lol

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #19 of 112
Nothing funny indeed
smily_headphones1.gif
I am thinking on review revision now. I'm too lazy to make these detailed comparos again.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #20 of 112
I find it hard to believe that this, being 3 times cheaper, could beat a Shure 500/530, since i strongly believe in what you pay for is what you generally get. We need to test this against the Westone 3?

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #21 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it hard to believe that this, being 3 times cheaper, could beat a Shure 500/530, since i strongly believe in what you pay for is what you generally get. We need to test this against the Westone 3?

What you pay for is so not what you get, example: bose.

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #22 of 112
kostalex:
Thanks for the detailed review. You have my utter respect for being able to express critical impression and not biased by favoritism towards certain brand.

davidw89:
Price does not dictate how good they are. This has been proven may times over and there's no reason you should be surprised

Ballz2TheWallz:
Head-Direct stealing? don't you think it is a bit premature to assume this? The Chinese engineers deserve better. Yes it is known that China is the center for imitated products, but they do know how to make very good products.

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #23 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kostalex:
Thanks for the detailed review. You have my utter respect for being able to express critical impression and not biased by favoritism towards certain brand.

davidw89:
Price does not dictate how good they are. This has been proven may times over and there's no reason you should be surprised

Ballz2TheWallz:
Head-Direct stealing? don't you think it is a bit premature to assume this? The Chinese engineers deserve better. Yes it is known that China is the center for imitated products, but they do know how to make very good products.

I'm not saying it is stolen designs or anything, but it is a possibility. I would imagine developing a good set of IEMs probably costs a good bit of money which I wouldn't think many companies can pull off right of the bat, but then again maybe R&D is cheaper in China than elsewhere.

I have a lot of good products that come out of China and I know that not everything manufactured there can be assumed to be of poor quality hence why I ordered RE2's.

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #24 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea, seems odd that an E500 would rank last in midrange detail and smoothness?

In fact, I find it hard to think any 64 ohm range UNAMPED iem could even compete with E500.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #25 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, seems odd that an E500 would rank last in midrange detail and smoothness?

Agreed. The Etys I had definately did not match the midrange of the Shures. It was no contest. The Shures were much smoother as well.

Everything else
(at least regarding the Ety and Shures) were what I would agree with except genre versatility. The Shures might be better than the Etys for that.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #26 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[*]Ety has better details, speed, clarity and deeper bass.[*]RE0 has better mids, highs, smoothness and bass weight.[/LIST]

oxymoron 1 credibility 0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back