RE0 Dissapointment
Mar 11, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #31 of 56
I still think it's extremely unnecessary to buy an amp for your RE0s. Adjusting the EQ to your liking has a much bigger effect on sound, and it doesn't cost a thing.

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansafuze-20110308.pdf - that's a link to the Rockbox Sansa Fuze manual. 'Equalizer' is under 'Sound Settings' - you'll want to adjust the low shelf filter. I suggested 2-3db at 60Hz as it gives body, soundstage and impact without interfering with the mid range (bloated bass), and it doesn't boost the very low end which in the case of the RE-ZERO makes the bass sound boomy.

I ultimately ended up not using EQ on my RE-ZEROs, but I might have on a Rockboxed player - the EQu for the iDevices simply isn't good enough.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #32 of 56
Hey b0ck3n,
that amp i am going to make would primarily be used with the LOD for fuze.
and i know that these are efficient enough with the Sansa Fuze atleast.and i already have that manual.i was just unable to extract the message from what u suggested me to do thts why i asked.
Thanks

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #33 of 56
Oh God... Mr. psgarcha92, you had me worried. I just had my friend visiting singapore buy the RE0s for me(because it's not available here) before I found this thread and I suddenly started doubting my decision to buy these pair of IEMs. It's a relief that you ended up loving them though. At least I know that I should expect the worst when listening to them out of the box and I need to burn them in for a lot of hours before enjoying them. I guess I'm gonna have to get the E5 as well.. :)

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #34 of 56
well, when u get them, take good care of them.people (including me) have been having durability issues. dont wear them over-the ear style, dont abuse them at all, and dont take them with you to the gym or anywhere u move a lot with them on.in my case, the left earpiece cable went faulty just 2 weeks into usage.have talked to the dealer, he's gonna take it back and give me new ones.hehe.i might even audition the RE-Zeros, but i guess i like the analytic nature of RE0s more.and yup, dont be scared, u'd end up liking them anyways. and, u sure u did not find any authorized sellers in Philippines? dont burn them in with pink/white, any noise.listen to them, u may keep them playing songs while not listening to them for burn in even.
Take good care of them. :)

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #35 of 56
I also had the initial disapointment at first. The sound was kinda flat (as in lack of depth). I felt there was too much hype and it didn't sound good right out of the box. Then I allowed the RE0 to burn and the sound improved. More depth, better separation, and roundness to the sound, which wasn't there at the start. This was after 40 hours of listening. Now I am at probably 100 to 150 hours, and I am really liking the sound. It is not good with some music, but others it is really good. Overall I am pleased by the sound of RE0s now.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #36 of 56
Quote:
Then I allowed the RE0 to burn ...

Well, the RE0 I tried were only loaners. Had they been mine, I'd certainly allowed them to burn ...
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #37 of 56
ah classic re0 thread :D got a pair again cause mine died too :frowning2: I realized when i received my replacement pair (excellent customer service by the way!) i did not need to burn them in! I should really amp them too when i use my stereo receiver the sound does open up quite a bit...

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #38 of 56
whatever you do, dont burn them in using pink/white noise, also dont take them to the gym with you.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 56

Quote:
whatever you do, dont burn them in using pink/white noise, also dont take them to the gym with you.

Do you mind if I ask you why you warn against using pink/white noise to burn these in?

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #40 of 56

Quote:
well, when u get them, take good care of them.people (including me) have been having durability issues. dont wear them over-the ear style, dont abuse them at all, and dont take them with you to the gym or anywhere u move a lot with them on.in my case, the left earpiece cable went faulty just 2 weeks into usage.have talked to the dealer, he's gonna take it back and give me new ones.hehe.i might even audition the RE-Zeros, but i guess i like the analytic nature of RE0s more.and yup, dont be scared, u'd end up liking them anyways. and, u sure u did not find any authorized sellers in Philippines? dont burn them in with pink/white, any noise.listen to them, u may keep them playing songs while not listening to them for burn in even.
Take good care of them. :)

I wore mine over ear for at least 4-5 months and they're still alive.  Granted, I didn't do very much strenuous physical exercise with them on, but I did walk quite a bit with them. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #41 of 56
It's useless if you can't wear them over the ear. Granted, my RE-ZEROs just broke after 4 months of being used 4-6 hours a day, but they're replacing them free of charge so it's not much of a bother.

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #42 of 56
@louis8ball,
its not just with the 0s that i'd say stay away from pink\white noise, i'd say dont be a butcher to ur phones using that kind of noise.i've read at a lot of places (sorry, but i cant post where i read, coz am typing through my cell) that people got thier phones killed or damages leaving them to burn in overnight using noise.simply use music to burn in + its not jus the phone burn in but also psychoacoustics at play.would you ever put your phones in ur ears playing pink/white noise?nope.it wnt help brain burn in,and might even damage the phones.

@ebacho and b0ck3n,
please notice the strain reliefs on the 0s.the strain reliefs are hard, not very soft and flexible.putting the phones over your ear, puts un necessary strain on the part of wire just after the strain relief (where the strain relief tube ends).the same phones worn normally wont put the type of starin on the cable as was in the over the ear case.the quality of cable is also not very good.i broke mine in 1 and a half week wearing them over the ear.
Thanks.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #43 of 56
Hey Guys
Now, its been a lot of time since i have been using my ZEROs for a good amount of time, actually since i have originally started the thread.i am now more used to the signature of the ZEROs, but i dont know why, they have never made me feel as ecstatic as the 0s.when i had the 0s, and they were new but burned in, i was in love, and totally remember, the bass on those was more textured & detailed.the midrange thump, which would frequently occur in many songs, was totally awesome, the bass was sweet, sweetest i had ever heard.
but i dont feel good about the ZEROs the same way.am i looking at them the wrong way? what should i be looking at in the songs? i mean, the 0s were a GEM, how to make myself feel the ZEROs are gems too?
especially asking for the specialities of the ZEROs compared to others.
i felt the 0s were top notch BTW 
Thanks

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #44 of 56
EDIT:

OK, well I'm sorry to have to inform everyone that, now after 200 hours of burn-in the right-side earpiece on the RE0's is completely dead.

I'm speechless, and not sure what to do now. My guess is that they are still under warranty, however I know of at least one other person this has happened to with the RE0's. So exchanging them for another pair might not make the best sense.

Does anyone have any ideas about this. What would you do if you were in my shoes. I was using only music to burn these in with, with the volume level set to just a little over what I would ordinarily listen to them at.

The guy I traded with for these had the exact same thing happen to his pair. He had sent them in for warranty, and had not even opened up the replacement pair. When I received his replacement pair, they were still sealed in the box. And this transaction took place just last month.

OUCH!!!! This is not supposed to happen, is it?

Has anyone else here had this same issue with these?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back