Rate the video games you're currently playing
Dec 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #3,241 of 6,933
Quote:
Finished playing Dishonored on less than 6 hours. I was expecting for a better ending 
frown.gif

Then don't kill everyone you see
biggrin.gif
Can you even finish it using sneak in under 6 hours? Did you just rush through everything?!

I rented it and did that and then rented it a second time for a better ending.

I just bought it for $25 on Black Friday but now i'm playing Dark Souls instead.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #3,242 of 6,933
Good luck ever switching back.

Quote:

Then don't kill everyone you see
biggrin.gif
Can you even finish it using sneak in under 6 hours? Did you just rush through everything?!

I rented it and did that and then rented it a second time for a better ending.

I just bought it for $25 on Black Friday but now i'm playing Dark Souls instead.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #3,243 of 6,933
Scratching both my 4X itch and my space game itch with Sword of the Stars 2.  The patches have really improved the game.  I'm determined to beat the Hivers as Sol Force on the duel map before I move onto a full complement of opponents.  8/10

I bought SC2 when it was on sale recently.  Enjoying the campaign a lot, I've done a bit of multiplayer, and I think it's probably far more fussy than I'll ever be able to handle. Still fun to play casually vs AI, if nothing else.  7.5/10

MTG: 2013 Bought during the steam megasale.  I wanted to play the blue deck, and it felt stupendously weak the first few times I tried it.  Then I tried a 4-way "shandalar" match, got out 11 4/4 fliers, wiped the table, and found myself smiling.  It LOOKS like the campaign is ungodly short, and even though they're throwing the word "shandalar" around it's nothing like the old shandalar game, which was somewhat challenging and a lot of fun.  Probably a bit early to rate it, but 7/10.

Starvoid:  Seems really fun.  Too bad only like 7 people play the game.  I also think they missed the boat slightly - they were aiming for RTS but not MOBA, when really RTS style MOBA would be pretty fun.  Too early to tell, but if I can't find active games I might not get enough playtime to ever tell....

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #3,244 of 6,933
Quote:
Football Manager 2013

Still getting used to the new interface, the match engine seems a bit unpolished yet, but the new features are just amazing. Started a Classic Mode yesterday and love it.

10/10! (i'm suspect to rate FM series, i'm playing this franchise since CM01/02)

Curious what the innovations are the last few years.  My FM2010 has hundreds of hours of playtime.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #3,245 of 6,933
Assassin's Creed III, I just can't get myself to do it, to have fun playing this.  I enjoy following the story, I enjoy the cut scenes, but anytime I have to be playing, I don't enjoy myself.

Not a criticism of this game in particular though.  It's pretty nicely done overall.  

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #3,246 of 6,933
HOTLINE MIAMI.

my WASD keys hurt. 

Gameplay 5/5 
Graphics (style and charm) 4/5 (in omg graffix! so pritty! terms - 1/5) 
soundtrack 5/5 
replay value 5/5 

absolutely brilliant. 

AND... 

Don't Starve! (beta) 

Charming, beautiful and tense as nails. 

not going to rate as it's not finished, try it! I lasted a couple of hours until I got eaten by some trolls...

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,247 of 6,933
Playstation All stars : 10/10 seriously the most fun I have had with a game in such a long time, the gameplay is well balanced and divers among characters and is just good old fun.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #3,249 of 6,933
Hitman: Absolution - 8/10  Pretty good game overall. I feel like the ranking on missions takes away from the story but the I understand what Square Enix and EIDOS where doing when implementing replayability into the game. The graphics are simply amazing and the combat is generally smooth and responsive. I would recommend Absolution to anyone that loves a assassin-type campaign game and of coarse those that love the lore of the Hitman Series.

Orcs Must Die 2! - 9/10 This game is one of the most fun games I have ever had the privilege of playing. It's sort of a tower defense genre mixed with a 3rd person shooter. Has lots of achievements and plenty of ways to eliminate orcs and monsters. Overall lots of fun and I highly recommend it to anyone that loves Indie games that rise up!

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #3,250 of 6,933
Dark Souls 9/10

I previously rated this a little lower due to just starting out.
I can't suggest this one unless you have no life or a lot of free time. Maybe if you like inflicting pain on yourself.

I could write a book on my experience with this game. Going through this game reminds me of "What About Bob" and his "Baby Steps" thing. Feel like it's going soooooo slow, but i'm eventually getting somewhere and improving.

I died about 15 times vs those stupid gargoyles. Had to call a NPC.
Yet none of the other bosses so far have taken me more than 4 attempts.
Capra demon.. got him on 2nd try. Hydra was dead the 2nd time I actually got to him. Fell into the deep end. Whoops. Quelaag dead on 2nd try. Gaping Dragon took 3 tries because I was trying to rush.
What's interesting about the Iron Golem is that he killed me 5 times in a row because I didn't know what I was doing. On the final try I didn't use a single HP flask..what the heck. No NPC either.

Senn's Fortress was a MAJOR pain. Right now I'm in Anor Londo going up against those annoying archers. After 4 attempts I gave up and will try later. Some parts seem impossible...

BTW with the shortcut, Blighttown was stupid easy. I did have problems with some flies..ugh, how sad.

I really also need to actually buy arrows. Probably died so many more times than I should have due to not having any.

NOTE: I haven't screamed at the TV yet. Quite impressive. No broken controllers. Despite getting about 90% of the way to the bonfire in Senn's and then dying, I kept at it. It FELT like it just got easier and easier and you learn from your mistakes.

Some things are just too unfair. Like those archers..ugh.

If I get past the bosses in Anor Londo in under 6 tries i'll consider myself pretty OK at this game
biggrin.gif

It might be the first boss where I might need to rely on real people for help. Maybe not...

It's also ridiculous how long this game seems. 70-100 hours for a game like this is crazy. I'm guessing i'm only halfway through it.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #3,251 of 6,933
Hotline Miami: 10/10, best indie-game of the year BY FAR. Just so trippy and the story's....It's like if Quintin Tarantino made a video game. The Graphics are the "classic" indie 8-bit BUT done very well; it feels like an old arcade game that got banned for being too hyper violent. Just...holy crap; it's a little hard to control with controller but I feels awkward using a mouse. The entire game just has a seedy underground feel to it more than an indie feel.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3,254 of 6,933
Far Cry 3 8/10. Would probably rate it better if I hadn´t played to many of these type of games.

I touched coop multiplayer and sure was fun though appear to be just fighting an endless hord  of spawns.... Repeat.
But if you can get a real team going I am sure it could entertain on a deeper level. If it´s going to be multiplayer it surely has to be coop. If I can´t hit anything I can at least revive somebody that can and get his XP :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back