Rate the video games you're currently playing
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #3,230 of 6,943
Dark Souls - 8/10

This is just based on a few hours so far. So far I haven't flung my controller yet. Nothing too challenging (yet). I'm still kind of getting used to the controls and they're not perfect at all. Kind of awkward.
I wish I just had a gun to shoot everything.

Starting over and then having to go through a whole section again isn't as annoying as I thought.

It's somewhat fun to play and I'll keep playing it I think. Graphics are just so-so. They remind me of the old graphics of Final Fantasy XI on the Xbox 360..yeah that bad. I really don't care so much though.

Lately i've been getting a craving to play FFXI again..must resist. That game is so annoying. Square Enix seems to enjoy making people spend 40 hours in a game for a new upgraded pair of mittens or boots. What fun!

After this I played "Rayman Origins". I must buy this! Had more fun playing this than Dark Souls, but that doesn't mean much. This one is actually pretty funny, but only a demo. And yeah... I actually died a few times! Ugh...

Rayman 2 is actually one of my favorite games ever made and had a few tough parts. The Dreamcast version was the best...

I also picked up Dishonored and Two Worlds II ($12). Dishonored I rented and played through twice. Wasted a whole $40 renting it when I should have just bought it. Scored it for $25 with the Amazon Black Friday sale.
I could play through this a few more times.

BTW I wish there were more games like Uncharted 2. I could play through that a hundred times and not get sick of it. I sold my PS3 recently and wish I didn't...

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #3,232 of 6,943
Quote:
Far Cry 3 is out? What is this blasphemey!!??

Yes it was released on the 29th for us Aussies, North America get's it later in early December I think.

Quote:
Far Cry 3 is out here yes. Done 5 hours it´s quite good. I am one of the few that loved FC 2. I am really not sure it´s better then that but will need some 70 more hours or so :wink:

Already completed the game but don't want to spoil it for you, I still prefer the original Far Cry by a lot compared to both FC2 and FC3, the ending was sort of expected..that's all I will say. :)

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #3,233 of 6,943
The original Far Cry is one of the best PC games ever made, IMO. Still the standard for map creation.

Quote:
Yes it was released on the 29th for us Aussies, North America get's it later in early December I think.

Already completed the game but don't want to spoil it for you, I still prefer the original Far Cry by a lot compared to both FC2 and FC3, the ending was sort of expected..that's all I will say. :)

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,234 of 6,943
ZombiU - 7/10

Its a little slow going for my tastes, but all in all its pretty solid. Feels more like the original Resident Evil. Must conserve resources (ammo/health), as there hard to come by. I am not a huge horror game fan, but this one peaked my interest and held me to the end, even though its painfully slow paced for me. 

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razors Edge 8/10

I am really enjoying this, brutally hard like the first one. I had kind of lost interest in this series over the years, but it seems to have come back with vengeance for me. I can see it taking MANY deaths to complete this, its pretty unforgiving when you mess up......lol

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #3,235 of 6,943
Well, still haven't gotten Gold yet because I've been so invested in the SP of AC3. It's reallly, really good.

It definitely has a different feel to it than that of Ezio's games, but I like it. There is a ton to do, so far as exploration goes, although I'm sort of plowing through the main story right now because I find it pretty enticing. Very close to the end right now, so I'll leave the roaming to after that. The naval battles are lots of fun too for a completely different style of gameplay. I also haven't experienced as many bugs as others, I'm sure the patches helped. 

Right now I give it around a 9 or above, we'll see where it goes form here.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #3,237 of 6,943
Quote:
Thanks for the thoughts on AC3 TehJam, I have been thinking of picking this up. Having trouble deciding between it or Batman Arkham City.

I've played Batman, the difference is that I felt AC3 was a lot more immersive, but otherwise they're somewhat similar. I just love how history comes into play with Assassin's Creed games in general, gets me a whole lot more into the stories.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #3,238 of 6,943
Quote:
ZombiU - 7/10

Its a little slow going for my tastes, but all in all its pretty solid. Feels more like the original Resident Evil. Must conserve resources (ammo/health), as there hard to come by. I am not a huge horror game fan, but this one peaked my interest and held me to the end, even though its painfully slow paced for me. 

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razors Edge 8/10

I am really enjoying this, brutally hard like the first one. I had kind of lost interest in this series over the years, but it seems to have come back with vengeance for me. I can see it taking MANY deaths to complete this, its pretty unforgiving when you mess up......lol

You're seriously the only person I've seen give that game a rating higher than 5.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3,239 of 6,943

Quote:

Not much to spoil. The way I play these games is that I dream away and end up writing my own stories. Ask me what FC 2 or even FC was about and I can´t answer you. I seem to have an aversion for doing the main story :p

Far Cry when it arrived was quite a bomb. Pretty much the first game that could do this Island paradise setting. Brilliant AI for it´s time. FC 2 had more freedom though and was more immersive. Really focused on what I liked best on the original.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #3,240 of 6,943
Finished playing Dishonored on less than 6 hours. I was expecting for a better ending 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back