Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 26, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #661 of 6,929
dead space: 7/10
i don't think game is necessarily scary. a dude might jump out in front of you or the lights might flicker, but that's just startling and surprising. i need more atmosphere, character depth, and immersion for the whole horror part of this "survival horror" game.
i do, however, really like the inventory and item system here. not too little, not too much.

Resident Evil 5: 8/10
okay, i'm only about 2/3 done with this game. yes, i'm playing it with a friend so i'm not annoyed by the computer controlled sidekick. again, this really isn't a survival horror game either; i'm scared of the chainsaw guy only because i know that its game over if i stand around too long.
but my major complaint about the game is not the hilarious dialogue or poor facial animation, but the inventory system. how is it that a green herb takes up as much space as rocket launcher? i really liked the attache case in RE4 and thought capcom would be smart enough to keep that.

however, this game is pretty decent, especially at the price and condition i got it at. the graphics are some of the best i've seen in a game and i'm playing it split screen on a cheap monitor i got at target.

halo 3 odst: 9/10
a halo game without the flood is all i've wanted ever since i replayed "assault on the control room" countless times on the first halo. i would have given this game a 9.5 or something approaching the impossible 10/10 if it could support more people locally on firefight.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #662 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Halo ODSTs

All I can say is it's made beautifully and it isn't letting me down in the least. I had high expectations and this game has beaten them, it looks beautiful, the music is beautiful, the combat is a lot of fun, the story is great. Second on the halo list only to halo 1.

10/10

I've never understood the buzz the Halo games got (aside from the first), as the 'sequals' seem to be just rehashes with little added. The story is okay and the game play descent, but the graphics to me are averahe and I dislike how the gun is always so still, no matter if your running or walking etc.

Anyway, playing:
Gears of War 2 (again)
Killzone 2 (Still playing multiplayer all the time, I should probably start the single player some time
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Looking at buying uncharted 2, but shall wait for the price to fall a bit,a nd also awaiting Modern Warfare 2.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #663 of 6,929
Played and completed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, great blend of action fps and rpg, 8.5/10 for repetitive ( and bugged ) side quests...

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #664 of 6,929
Minesweeper: 6/10

Quite boring, but good enough to kill some time
redface.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #665 of 6,929
Supreme Commander - 8.5 Still playing after 3 years, It's a keeper

Oct 31, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #666 of 6,929
risen: 9.0
A very nice RPG, not been any good third-person rpg's for the PC for a while.
Interesting combat system, many find it too hard, but i am far more satisfied playing a game with a high difficulty. the storyline is good, and the game can really suck you in. Oh, and theres lots of 'choice and concequence' giving it a great replay value. Would have been 10/10 if not for a few minor bugs, and some rather unfortunate team-ups among the monsters, where you cant avoid and have to win by brute force

Oct 31, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #667 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never understood the buzz the Halo games got (aside from the first), as the 'sequals' seem to be just rehashes with little added. The story is okay and the game play descent, but the graphics to me are averahe and I dislike how the gun is always so still, no matter if your running or walking etc.

Anyway, playing:
Gears of War 2 (again)
Killzone 2 (Still playing multiplayer all the time, I should probably start the single player some time
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Looking at buying uncharted 2, but shall wait for the price to fall a bit,a nd also awaiting Modern Warfare 2.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm just a big fan of the entire halo world, there is a lot more to it then just the games.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #668 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The first Halo was freaking great. I remember spending hours with my friends dropping grenades under the Warthog just to see how far we could launch it... at the time it was released there wasn't anything even close to the level of playability. I could never get into the single-player of Halo 2 though, but I loved the multiplayer.

I'm in the middle of Ninja Gaiden 2 and I love it. It's nice having really hard games nowadays that take a long time to finish. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like every new game is completely focused on multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that. I love CoD4. But what happened to the times when Nintendo and Sega were kings? You could play those games by yourself for months and still be entertained. Now it seems like single-player is just an afterthought. Maybe I don't have the same attraction to games as I used to, but this seems like the current trend.

That's why I'm a little apprehensive about buying new games; I almost always buy used now. I can't justify spending $60 on a game that I'll get bored of after a few weeks. When I think about NES games, sure, they were really expensive. But I must have spent hundreds of hours playing SMB3, and I still play it from time to time and it still feels like I'm playing it for the first time. I just don't get that feeling anymore with recent games.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #669 of 6,929
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition

I loved Fallout 3 (being a big fan of Bethesda, and many games they've put out) when I first got it, but since it didn't have enough replay value (and I could get back everything but $5 by returning it), I sold it and decided to wait for the GOTY edition. It's still just as awesome, with the audio quirks slightly (ever so slightly) fixed, and very much worth the same price I payed for the original (more so, thanks to the 5 pieces of DLC added on). My only complaint is that this game needs more Liam Neeson. Lots more. It could be made ten times better if every NPC was voiced by him. Seriously, nothing would be better than listening to Liam Neeson talk to Liam Neeson about how he just got raided by a band of Liam Neesons.

And please, no bashing of Fallout. I get that some people don't like it, I just happen to love the style (yes, I know it's no Morrowind).

Nov 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #670 of 6,929
Morrowind I got insanely addicted to that. Mainly because I had no idea what I through myself into. It looked like a fps and since reading the manual is booring I tried to play it like that. Took quite a while before I figured out that my weapons actually was degraded and you don´t do much harm until you level up
wink.gif

I just got one with that game world had to do and see everything... Most good rpgs are like that though just have to do this...

I finished Mass Effect yesterday and I must say it was a bit of a disappointment after KOTOR. the worlds was as sterile as always, looting and echonomics totally uninteresting. Main story the only intersting quests available so I was done in 24 hours. Which is nothing when we talk rpgs. It´s still a very good game by most standards.

I am not at chapter 12 in Uncharted 2. I played the prequel and loved it to death... Second is just fan service it´s the same with extra everything. It´s probably the most perfect game I ever played. Graphics are no Crysis but the environments are so well done you are still feeling the same aww when you look around. Environments are more varied too. It have a perfect tempo which I have only seen matched in Resident Evil 4. It never ever get tedious or booring. The characters, dialogue and voice acting are probably the best I ever seen in a video game and that says a lot going from just recently been playing Mass Effect. Bioware is well known for their character development for very good reason
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #671 of 6,929
Dragon Age: Origins - Character Creater

Ok , it's just a character creater but it's fun.
tongue.gif

Anyone else excited for the full release in 2 days? I'm getting the Steam digital deluxe version.

Left4Dead

This sat on the shelf for a long time but now I'm playing it again with the custom campaigns. Who needs L4D2? 9/10

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #672 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif

Anyone else excited for the full release in 2 days? I'm getting the Steam digital deluxe version.

Left4Dead

This sat on the shelf for a long time but now I'm playing it again with the custom campaigns. Who needs L4D2? 9/10

Meeee! Any idea if you can use the characters created with it for the retail box version? I would have preordered from steam but its 15+ gigs..

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #675 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Pre-loading the deluxe edition from Steam as I type this. 20% in 2hrs on this crippled college network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back