Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 7, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #647 of 6,943
Currently playing:
Anno 1404: Great game. Can recommend to anyone.
Far Cry 2: Don't play it much. I feel the world is way too big and the missions are a lot alike.
Wolfenstein 2009: Started with this game but haven't installed it after I got W7. It's a fun game but nothing more.

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #648 of 6,943
Bought myself an Xbox 360 about 3 months ago and began playing the games I missed since 2006. Finished Prince of Persia, Half Life 2 Orange Box, BioShock (loved that one) and now...

...am playing Gears of War. 9.5/10

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #649 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys should play Demon's Soul (PS3) - there is no such thing as "save the game first just in case".

No save feature, so if you screw up, you screw up. Everything is autosaved in almost real time.

US release is finally here thanks to Altus. Sony apparently figured that it's too niche (read: difficult) for US audiences.

Demon's Souls (FROM Software) is definitely a must try for PS3 owners and gamers who complain that "consoles dumb down the gaming experience". It's a rather unique action RPG with great combat mechanics, absurdly difficultly level, and an impressively immersive world. On the downside, it can be a controller breaker. It's entirely possible to play for a couple of hours and get nothing out of it except for insight into level design and a bit of hard won skill. Very different from the Monty Haul design of most action RPGs.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #650 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm playing this as soon as I have time...how long's the gameplay?

I'm at 60% through the game at 12hours. I'm guessing to finish the game with solving all the Riddlers Riddles will take 17-20 hours.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #652 of 6,943
The bought console press is generally very good at hyping triple A titles. But playing uncharted I can´t see how it can fail from what I have seen so far.

Last game I played? I can´t say I finished Mad World so it has to be Tiger Woods PGA tour 10... 10/10 it doesn´t get much better without going real. 27 tracks, superb controls with motionplus they capture it quite well. Tons of extra mods frisbee golf and the likes as well. Very non EA in term of amount of content.

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #654 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
US release is finally here thanks to Altus. Sony apparently figured that it's too niche (read: difficult) for US audiences.

Demon's Souls (FROM Software) is definitely a must try for PS3 owners and gamers who complain that "consoles dumb down the gaming experience". It's a rather unique action RPG with great combat mechanics, absurdly difficultly level, and an impressively immersive world. On the downside, it can be a controller breaker. It's entirely possible to play for a couple of hours and get nothing out of it except for insight into level design and a bit of hard won skill. Very different from the Monty Haul design of most action RPGs.

^same game. And agreeing with him. Would recommend it to anyone. I finished my first play-through and am continuing a New Game+. Great replay value. Awesome game.

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #655 of 6,943
Batman: Arkham Asylum: 9/10
Left 4 Dead: 7.5/10
Crysis: Warhead: 8.5/10
Age of Empires II (always playing this one): 9.5/10
Far Cry 2: 6.5/10
Sins of a Solar Empire: 8.5/10

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #658 of 6,943
Playing through Dirt 2 at the moment. The game is very fun and addictive, just like the first one. However, as some reviews mentioned, it's not quite as good as the first one. There was quite a bit of effort put into the presentation, to give it that MTV extreme kinda feel, but the game itself lost a few different types of races (including my favorite, Hillclimb) and a couple vehicle classes.

There were some gains, as the variety of vehicles for use in the available races has expanded, there are quite a few more liveries, and the vehicle interiors are pretty sweet.

I'm hoping that there's some good DLC for this one, as the original didn't have any at all.

8/10

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #659 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Playing through Dirt 2 at the moment. The game is very fun and addictive, just like the first one. However, as some reviews mentioned, it's not quite as good as the first one. There was quite a bit of effort put into the presentation, to give it that MTV extreme kinda feel, but the game itself lost a few different types of races (including my favorite, Hillclimb) and a couple vehicle classes.

There were some gains, as the variety of vehicles for use in the available races has expanded, there are quite a few more liveries, and the vehicle interiors are pretty sweet.

I'm hoping that there's some good DLC for this one, as the original didn't have any at all.

8/10

Any sim factor to it?

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #660 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any sim factor to it?

It's right in the same vein as GRID. I'd consider it more of an arcade racer than a sim. I feel that every iteration of the Colin McRae series (Dirt's precursor) becomes more arcadey and accessible. Dirt 2 is taking it a bit too far; borrowing bits from PGR and NFS when it was plenty good on its own.

You can set your co-driver to speak "technical", and damage will kill your car unless you drive the way you're supposed to (or turn it off in the options), but that's about as sim-like as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back