Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #586 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone here who loved Dead Space? I have to say, it's one of the best survival-horror games out there. It's a thrilling sci-fi shooter set in a spaceship, where an engineer tries to fix it problems. Turns out that the inhabitants of the said ship are turned into gross Necromorphs, and he must find a way to stop them before they consume him.

TOO DAMN SCARY.

And the PC controls kinda suck.

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #588 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TOO DAMN SCARY.

And the PC controls kinda suck.

DeadSpace has probably the worst mouse code out of any game I've ever played, it's too bad as it seems like a great game. I've been meaning to go back to it with my 360 controller.

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #589 of 6,947
i never had a problem with the controls in dead space after turning off vsync in game and forcing it in nvidia control panel.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #591 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TOO DAMN SCARY.

I started to play it. The sound and atmosphere freaked me out a bit. There isn't any downtime because it always sounds like something is moving around behind you.

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #592 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I started to play it. The sound and atmosphere freaked me out a bit. There isn't any downtime because it always sounds like something is moving around behind you.

I remember the time when I used my HD 555 to test its accuracy in Dead Space. Well, some random girl just screamed while I'm in the elevator at the bridge section. I jumped like a wimp.

Aug 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #594 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i never had a problem with the controls in dead space after turning off vsync in game and forcing it in nvidia control panel.

I'm not as lucky.. oh man, with VSYNC enabled I have no idea how they even let it out the door it was so bad. This is actually a separate issue with incredible mouse lag and sticking, which myself and others assumed was an artifact of the 360 control's analog stick acceleration curve.. Bioshock has a similar problem but not as bad as Deadspace.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #598 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder why everyone love Fallout 3? Okay I loved it too but Bethesda have done better before like Morrowind. Fallout 3 is a lot better then Oblivion though.

Old post, but have to reply what makes fallout 3 so awesome is its immersion. The post-apocalyptic world they created is incredible! And pseudo-'50s atmosphere crowns it all. And DLC Pitt is even more awesome in the atmosphere. Too bad as a game beth screwed up some parts badly though.

Also if you are PC user, much like in Oblivion the mods are what perfect the game. Add stuff that should have been there in form or another in the first place or make the game richer otherwise, tweak the game otherwise and fix bugs. Without mods the game is indeed quite barebone. Oblivion is almost a wreck without mods, and Fallout 3 is not that good either without some.

I STILL play Fallout 3. I dont know how many characters I have been through now, but it still seems fresh game when I try to play different characters. When it comes to favourite newer games, Fallout 3 is second bested only by Mass Effect, but latter is quite a different game anyway, a type of game I happen to love best, story driven RPG.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #599 of 6,947
I sold my PS2 and then Persona 4 came out. Godd@mn you Atlus.
What make things worse my PS3 is not PS2 compatible

Currently playing Eternal Sonata, but it's getting tedious. So far I havent played a single RPG on PS3 that really impresses me, and that includes Valkyria Chronicles. I am hoping FF 14 will kick butt. When will they release Shin Megami Tensei on PS3? I can't wait to catch demons and watch them in cutscenes in hidef.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #600 of 6,947
Grandia II (PS2) - Good story, interesting characters and dialogue, MASSIVE slowdown issues. (It's a DC port I believe) I only made it to the third dungeon because the game locked up on me. Apparently it's very common, which means I've no choice but to stop playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back